• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey starts today

Hi well done on the weight loss!! No they didn't even show me the scales just attacked me with swabs and hooked me up to a machine for my heart rate! I can't wait now...two weeks today I will be heading to theatre!!!!

Hi girls...post op went fine....a week tomorrow and I'm on! (Unless the MRSA swabs come back positive)

Lindsay took me for my last supper before I start my post op diet tomorrow.... I was ever so good. Stayed low carb. Went for an Indian meal. Had spiced mushrooms to start then tandoori king prawns...just with squeezed lemon, no sauce, no rice, no nan!!!! Only thing I did have was half a poppadom , comes in about 6 carbs....and a glorious can of diet irn-bru ( only the Scottish lassies will appreciate that)

But I was a bit concerned about the diet info they gave me.....ok with the pre op diet, each surgeon has their own preference and decides on a patient by patient basis....but the photocopied booklet for what to do after the surgery must have a section missing. There is nothing about liquids/purée/soft foods it just goes straight into eating small amounts, slowly, without drinking at the same time etc

I was wondering if you got details on a post op diet Sharon?

I think I will call tomorrow

So...here goes, very strict diet for a week with no deviation. I'm so up for it :)

Yey well done!! Gosh you were good with your Indian, i would have been throwing onion bhajis all over and drowning in Korma!! To be honest i didnt have a binge either as my head was already clicked in to gear.
Did they weigh you at your pre op?
God if i come back with MRSA i will be more gutted about missing my op than having that!

Ha ha, willing to put up some head shots....when I loss a couple of stone I will do some body before and afters

Attachments

• image-195000446.jpg
    image-195000446.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 19
  • image-3821953409.jpg
    image-3821953409.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 21
  • image-90742257.jpg
    image-90742257.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 23
Hey love!!!

Gorgeous pics!!! :)

I love you had irn bru for ur last meal lol xx defo a Scottish thing!!

There was sooo much paperwork it overwhelmed me a bit, I even forgot to tell them about a prev op and had to call back lol xx

I have attached some pages that mention liquid diets to see if that matches to what u have xx

Attachments

• image-3002150291.jpg
    image-3002150291.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 24
  • image-1053491347.jpg
    image-1053491347.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 22
  • image-229837624.jpg
    image-229837624.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 22
  • image-913804780.jpg
    image-913804780.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 20
Oh kursty they are lovely photos! I have some in my album if you want to look. You are pretty though. I hate having my photo taken, i took some before ones at the weekend to remind me where i dont want to be again. I always seem to be snarling on photos, you are smiling!!!

Good job Sharon has the pages!! Otherwise you would have been on a full roast dinner by day two!!

Haha!! I think you just click on my profile album link under my avatar, its public so you should be able to see it!

Haha thanks...and they are mine too..who says sugar rots your teeth..are you excited about your op?? I cant wait now. This site has been so helpful for me.

Haha thanks...and they are mine too..who says sugar rots your teeth..are you excited about your op?? I cant wait now. This site has been so helpful for me.

The nurse said to me today "don't think about coming in here next Wednesday as something to be survived. It won't be like that, although it is a big op, it is planned and it will be absolutely fine" That made me feel a lot calmer because I was thinking it was going to be a huge ordeal and something to be survived.......before I could get on with the rest of the journey

So while I can't say I'm excited about the op. I am excited about the bit after that

But the site and, particularly you and Sharon have been a great lifeline to me xx

Oh im really excited, i cant wait to put on the gown with the gaping back and walked to surgery so everyone sees my bum, and then to put on those lovely surgical stockings!! Oh and then the surgeon get to see my pants and poor iodine on them before cutting me in 5 places and making a home movie of my guts!! And then when i wake up i will be in mega pain and feeling like ive had a right kicking...yep im so excited!!!!

The nurse said to me today "don't think about coming in here next Wednesday as something to be survived. It won't be like that, although it is a big op, it is planned and it will be absolutely fine" That made me feel a lot calmer because I was thinking it was going to be a huge ordeal and something to be survived.......before I could get on with the rest of the journey So while I can't say I'm excited about the op. I am excited about the bit after that But the site and, particularly you and Sharon have been a great lifeline to me xx

Aw love you will do great !!! We will be here to help support u!! :)

I can't believe it's so quick for all of us now!!! :)

Xxx

Back