• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey starts today

Well im now watching tv and counting down to bed time...last sleep!!
How old is you dad? Mine is 65 but seems to think he's 25, hence he is now in bed feeling poorly after too much bank holiday enjoyment!! He is bonkers, he had a massive operation in May..he spent Saturday sitting out in the sun at the pub, one too many beers obviously as he then went to bed shivering and has felt bad every since!

Well im now watching tv and counting down to bed time...last sleep!! How old is you dad? Mine is 65 but seems to think he's 25, hence he is now in bed feeling poorly after too much bank holiday enjoyment!! He is bonkers, he had a massive operation in May..he spent Saturday sitting out in the sun at the pub, one too many beers obviously as he then went to bed shivering and has felt bad every since!

Aw my dad is 70 but you wouldn't think it, he acts like in 50s! Very fit for his age!!

Aww bled a ur dad, living life to full after his op! Tell him to slow down a little xxx

Xxx

Well im now watching tv and counting down to bed time...last sleep!!
How old is you dad? Mine is 65 but seems to think he's 25, hence he is now in bed feeling poorly after too much bank holiday enjoyment!! He is bonkers, he had a massive operation in May..he spent Saturday sitting out in the sun at the pub, one too many beers obviously as he then went to bed shivering and has felt bad every since!

Wishing you good luck for tomorrow, I and others will be thinking of you x x

Well got under 14 stone....yea! Down to 13 stone thirteen and a half pounds. That's 4 and a half pound post op. I can live with that in 6 days :)

Total weight loss now 19.5lbs

Finding it hard to get comfortable in bed at nights and the inactivity is making me not tired

I normally sleep on my left hand side. Can't do that yet, finding it uncomfortable even on my right side

My wounds all feel fine, a wee bit tight and achey but the one on my left hand side feels totally different. Nippy and a bit sore. I think this may be where my port is but I'm too squeamish to poke about. Lol

Despite the moans, I'm still doing great and dead positive about the future xxx

Good morning peeps

Irish girl. Can't find your thread....good luck for your op today

Well got under 14 stone....yea! Down to 13 stone thirteen and a half pounds. That's 4 and a half pound post op. I can live with that in 6 days :)

Total weight loss now 19.5lbs

Finding it hard to get comfortable in bed at nights and the inactivity is making me not tired

I normally sleep on my left hand side. Can't do that yet, finding it uncomfortable even on my right side

My wounds all feel fine, a wee bit tight and achey but the one on my left hand side feels totally different. Nippy and a bit sore. I think this may be where my port is but I'm too squeamish to poke about. Lol

Despite the moans, I'm still doing great and dead positive about the future xxx

Good morning peeps

Irish girl. Can't find your thread....good luck for your op today

Yeah!!! Another loss!! :) amazing!! I weighed myself today and had lossed 2lbs....down to 267.5lbs...1.5lbs from 2 stone -- hoping to get that 1.5 and little extra to fall into the 18 stone bracket!!

I am uncomfortable at night, sleeping mostly propped up, but can turn slightly onto my right side as no wounds there, although initially feels strange!

I thought ports were at side, maybe making it up, but im sure he said mines was in the centre?? all wounds look ok, couple at side have little blood under but nothing major!!

cant wait to hear how Karina gets on xx

Morning girls!
Wow well done on more weight loss I'm chuffed for you!! You're both officially losers!!
Thanks for the support all, I will try update later tonight as I think the op will be late afternoon!
Take care x

Great news on the weight loss. I was a little dissapointed till I thought about it. If I lost 4lbs a week for the next month that will be over a stone which would be amazing.

You will reach your next goal by the weekend I bet :)

My friend has her port in the middle just under her rib cage. I'm dying to have a poke around but still too tender just yet

How is your pain and discomfort with the wind?

Great news on the weight loss. I was a little dissapointed till I thought about it. If I lost 4lbs a week for the next month that will be over a stone which would be amazing.

You will reach your next goal by the weekend I bet :)

My friend has her port in the middle just under her rib cage. I'm dying to have a poke around but still too tender just yet

How is your pain and discomfort with the wind?

its definetly reduced, still little bit but more just a bit of tightness when im trying to do anything, like get in/out bed xx

Same here Sharon. That must just be the healing process everyone goes through. Great to be able to compare notes and reassure ourselves that it's situation normal x

Hi all, got home Sunday afternoon, op when very well, feeling more human now, wounds are starting to itch so I think that means there mending.
Only had milk and soup so far, milkshake they gave me in hospital was very sweet, made me feel sick. Been waiting all day for the dietian to call to advice me on what I can and can't eat, have any of you got any suggestions? As they have not called...

Hi Kim

Everyone's advice seems to be different. I was told by my surgeon, we have no dietitian available right now, that after the first couple of days I can eat anything that would slide off a spoon!!!

But for now I am sticking to sharks...the unfit ones ok, slim fast I find too sweet. Heinz tomato soup, orange juice, bovril and yogurts.

My husband made me some broccoli and Stilton soup, which was blended to a smooth soup. Last night I tried some baxters highland game soup, but gad to sieve it as it had some meat in it.

I'm just trying to get As much protein in as possible

I also made a big pot of chicken soup. I left all the veg chunky, sieved it, used the clear broth as soup and my freezer is full of wee tubs of the puréed remains for next week...or I am thinking of taking my surgeons advice and going on to puréed today

Hope this helps

I think you can also have runny custard and jelly and such. I am avoiding this as I don't want to start eating empty calories or get into the habit of eating crap :)

I am a week post op today

Hi Kim

Everyone's advice seems to be different. I was told by my surgeon, we have no dietitian available right now, that after the first couple of days I can eat anything that would slide off a spoon!!!

But for now I am sticking to sharks...the unfit ones ok, slim fast I find too sweet. Heinz tomato soup, orange juice, bovril and yogurts.

My husband made me some broccoli and Stilton soup, which was blended to a smooth soup. Last night I tried some baxters highland game soup, but gad to sieve it as it had some meat in it.

I also made a big pot of chicken soup. I left all the veg chunky, sieved it, used the clear broth as soup and my freezer is full of wee tubs of the puréed remains for next week...or I am thinking of taking my surgeons advice and going on to puréed today

Hope this helps

I think you can also have runny custard and jelly and such. I am avoiding this as I don't want to start eating empty calories or get into the habit of eating crap :)

Oops! Of course I'm not eating sharks, I'm having shakes lol

Hi all, got home Sunday afternoon, op when very well, feeling more human now, wounds are starting to itch so I think that means there mending.
Only had milk and soup so far, milkshake they gave me in hospital was very sweet, made me feel sick. Been waiting all day for the dietian to call to advice me on what I can and can't eat, have any of you got any suggestions? As they have not called...

For a bypass I think you will find times at different stages will not be the same as banded. I am two weeks post op sleeve, and still on liquid stage, just slowly moving over to puree. I know my dietician asks 2 weeks liquid, 2 puree, then slowly building to mashed potato thickness over the next 2 weeks. Have seen others have put they were told 3 weeks at each stage. Might be best to try and ring your health team to check, but would stick at the liquids for at least 2 weeks x x

Hi Kim

Hope this helps

For a bypass I think you will find times at different stages will not be the same as banded. I am two weeks post op sleeve, and still on liquid stage, just slowly moving over to puree. I know my dietician asks 2 weeks liquid, 2 puree, then slowly building to mashed potato thickness over the next 2 weeks. Have seen others have put they were told 3 weeks at each stage. Might be best to try and ring your health team to check, but would stick at the liquids for at least 2 weeks x x

Now that sounds like good advice!

If you can't speak to anyone, some of the health boards have post surgery diets online, the Berkshire NHS do, you could google a couple and be safe by sticking to the strictest

Good luck

Back