• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey one year on

Alexandra410

Well hy to you all I hope everyone is doing well , I will begin with my story which started August 2010 when I got stuck in a chair in a cafe and I heard the familiar sound of laughing I felt totally deflated and run as fast as I could once I freed myself , once outside my grandson asked me why were they laughing at you nan? How could I tell him it's because I'm to fat and got stuck in the chair , so I brushed it off once I got home I just sat and cried then I sat on my computer and looked up weight loss surgery watched the videos for over a week then decided I need to do this now or I'll be dead by the time I reach 60 if I keep getting bigger and believe me I was .Anyway I made an appointment to see the surgeon and was shocked at my weight I was very nearly 19 st and I'm only 5'2" so the strain on my heart alone was a lot not only that my legs were always swollen and in the heat I suffered with blisters as my legs would chaff together , my breasts underneath would be all red and sore even my bum would crack and bleed not pleasant at all so let my journey begin .

It was 13th October 10 when I was reborn , I had my surgery felt sore after but been through worse, after an overnight stay I was allowed home back on the liquid diet for 2weeks then ate small amounts I think I got my first fill after 6weeks then it started,nothing to do with the band it was me still trying to eat what I used to so it was down the toilet I used to visit Hughy regular till I realised what I was doing wrong that was my learning curb as I like to call it don't get me wrong I still have the odd visit when I get a bit greedy lol, well by April I had lost 4st 5 lb had to by new clothes as mine were like tents varied from 22/24 24/26 and here I was now an 18 great I thought then the weight just kept coming off it's now November and my new size is 8/10 and weighing in at 9st 2lb when I got the chance last week I went into that same cafe sat in the chair Yes you guessed it ,it was to big so you could say I have the last laugh, I just thought I would let you all know how I've been and why I had the surgery I would just like to add Good Luck To You All x

Attachments

• image-1989272957.jpg
    image-1989272957.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 78
I'm not having a band , but its still great to hear success stories , well done xx

:)Great results:)
Thanks for sharingx

Well done and thanks for sharing.

Well done, congratulations for reaching your new weight, I am similar to you, I started out at 19 and a half stone, I am 5ft 1" and I had bypass surgery in May, I have lost 6st 1lb up to now, my goal is to be 9 stone, I just hope in May I can be like you. Have you got any loose skin, will you need any nips and tucks? (If you don't mind me asking)

Last edited:
Karen19745 said:
Well done, congratulations for reaching your new weight, I am similar to you, I started out at 19 and a half stone, I am 5ft 1" and I had bypass surgery in May, I have lost 6st 1lb up to now, my goal is to be 9 stone, I just hope in May I can be like you. Have you got any loose skin, will you need any nips and tucks? (If you don't mind me asking)

Yes Karen I have loose skin on my breasts ,legs , and arms but they are always covered so what the heck I have been trying to get my arms done on NHS but still no reply and to do it private it's £3000 so that will not be an option as I paid for my op myself anyway good luck to you on your journey you will do it that's an amazing loss just now and don't worry about loose skin if you are young exercise will help I'm near 60 so mines is age related you go for it girl x

Back