• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My New Life started 13/9/12 diary!!

Carre

So like most of you on here I'm going to start a daily/ weekly update of the good the bad the ugly!,

So a little about me, I'm 31 this December, I have a 2 year old and a 7 year old married 4 years but together on and off 16 years, we were school sweethearts lol, cheesy ....xx

Had my gastric band on the 14.09.12 at Dolan park with thg for £5000 when I weighted 16.9 I'm 5.7 .

It's been two weeks and I have lost 1 stone 9 pound on the liquid stage, tomorrow I go onto the muSh, I have made and portioned up cottage pie ready for this. I made it with chicken mince as I don't like beef mince also grated carrot and swed in just to be healthy.

Omg that's amazing! In 2 weeks!! :)
I had my band on 22nd September and so far I've lost 5lb :)
Can I ask what your were having daily on the liquid stage?
Well done again that's brilliant!!! Xxx

Glass of milk for breakfast, cup of soup for lunch, maybe a soup for dinner.

I have had no desire to eat or drink, so I have had to remind myself!!

I have been living on lolly's loads of different types from smoothie ones to 100% fruit..

I've been having banana liquidisers with milk, home made soup and mouse desert, think around 500 cal, but starting to feel hungrier now, do you not feel hungry at all? ?

Shepards pie isn't 'mush' is fork mashable texture. It can me come mush if you blend it with lots of gravy an then sieve the bits out :)

Shepards pie isn't 'mush' is fork mashable texture. It can me come mush if you blend it with lots of gravy an then sieve the bits out :)

You may have been told different but my dietitian told me to have these things on the mush stage!!

Plus I only have to do it for one week unlike two which others have to do??

Thanks anyway

Hey hun glad you've started a diary can pop by and say hi!! you have done amazingly well I can only hope I have the same success as you have well done!! Xx

Maybe mush stage is different for bypassers and banders...but I was also allowed things like fish or cottage pie on mush stage...enjoy x

Maybe mush stage is different for bypassers and banders...but I was also allowed things like fish or cottage pie on mush stage...enjoy x

I'm allowed fish and cous cous next week on my semi solid stage.
Can wait to start trying foods to see what's going to match my new tool!!

Oh and also looking forward to starting my running back up!!

Hey hun glad you've started a diary can pop by and say hi!! you have done amazingly well I can only hope I have the same success as you have well done!! Xx

I'm sure you will di great, just don't set to high expectation's, let your body do what it wants for 2 weeks. X

My thing was what ever happens I'm going to just go with it although the weight loss is great I had no goal in mind that way I wouldn't be dissatisfied !!

How's you doing on your ore op xx?

So just working things out and I'm setting myself a mini goal, this goal I feel is achievable !!

My goal is 18 pound for Christmas ......

Me and my little girl have made a chart and everytime I lose a pound she gets to cross it off.

So just working things out and I'm setting myself a mini goal, this goal I feel is achievable !!

My goal is 18 pound for Christmas ......

Me and my little girl have made a chart and everytime I lose a pound she gets to cross it off.

What a great idea as you won't want to disappoint your little one it will keep you on the right track x might try that myself x

So today my body has decided to want food ...

Breakfast - one Wetabix with lots of milk

Lunch - hand size portion cottage pie very small..

Dinner - same as lunch with 2 custard pots.....

I feel guilty but I'm sure this is under 1000 cals..my cottage pie is made with chicken mince and only a thin mash layer...??

What do you lot think ?

Sounds yummy to me. 1000 cals is not a bad level I think ?!

That's sounds delicious xxxxxx - I've come on and got horrible stomach cramp - my hubby is in the middle of making me an omelette - cant wait x

Yummy I will get some eggs and have that tomorrow, and yes Kells carrot and swed mash yummy....

I think I could have eaten more but stopped myself!!

Te custards were 125 cals each, Wetabix 100 and cottage pie 300 = 950 in total ..

This is much better then my usual 3000 !!!

So just a quick update, my weight has stayed the same since Friday!!
This I'm not to bothered about just yet as I have gone on the mush stage, and after my body was starved for 2 weeks on liquid, I think it's holding on to everything lol xx

I feel so good at the moment still tender around my port, but only to touch.

Dropped a whole dress size and gone down 1/2 a size in my shoes..?

I'm looking at this long term and I'm just so happy that I made this choice to get my life back this may be the first step of 64 but I will get there!,

Hope everyone is all well xxx

Glad all is going well Carre, suffering a bit myself with wind pain but hoping it will shift soon, drinking pep tea and taking windeze. Trying to drink and have soup but like you not very hungry ( how odd is that).

Should be back at work Thursday not sure am ready yet so may try wangle till Monday.

Keep up the good work and positivity x

Back