• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The story so far

Andy74

Great to hear, & well done with your loss that's good going.

I've put an update on my thread. A few complications with infection but I'm feeling ok now. Going back to work a week Monday.

ItsmePaula

12th July Andy. Because I am in North Essex I am getting the driven service. So they will pick me up on the 11th when I get all my pre ops done and then drive me home on the 14th. They paid for the driver and for the hotel.

Andy74

That's great.

One of the providers I saw offered that service, in a way I wish I'd have gone with that one.

I drove to the hospital about an hour from home & my friend was meant to have drove me home. They let me down big time so ended up having to drive myself home (don't try this at home kids). I felt ok to drive, hadn't had any pain medication & I was so determined to get home. I stopped half way at my Aunties just in case. It was the anxiety of it all that was the worst thing.

ItsmePaula

OH MY... You are so lucky that nothing happened. Especially so soon after anaesthetic. Please kids DO NOT try this at home indeed. Shame that your ride let you down. I would not have been a happy bunny. Well at least you got home safe and sound.

Andy74

I was absolutely fine put a pillow & between my & the seatbelt, I wouldn't have drove otherwise.

No I was absolutely livid especially as they had been out the night before & got pissed.

Moral of the story is you can't really rely on anyone even in exceptional circumstances. Lesson learnt.

ItsmePaula

Ahhh shame about that one person who let you down. Please dont be downhearted on those who can be relied on. Not everyone is unreliable. But certainly when you needed them the most.

jojo22674

Hi Paula I'm here now waiting to go for my pre op don't know why I'm so blooming nervous I'm only having bloods and stuff I've had a couple of surgeries but I'm just extremely nervous think it's just making it real if that makes sense lol I'm such a div lol xx

ItsmePaula

One more day at work Andy. Tuesday they come at 9:30 am .. Yeah I am ready for the flip side.. I am not to worried about the op itself. More worried about the aftermath. I think that is pretty normal? I'm 20lbs down pre op - so feeling great, nervous, excited all in one.. But most of all I feel very positive for the future in a long long time.

Thanks for asking Andy :hugs:

What about you, you are back to work tomorrow. Are you ready? You will get lots of comments about your weight loss that will be so boosting for you. Do people know about the surgery at work? And how are you in general? I do hope you are well and adjusting comfortably.

Andy74

Well done on the 20lbs, that's great going.

You will be fine, the worst pain will be from wind. Make sure you have some Peppermint tea/cordial, some infacol & calpol. I couldn't tolerate soluble paracetamol I got really bad stomach ache when they gave me that in hospital.

I work from home which is a blessing & also a curse as it contributed massively to me gaining so much.

Only my Line Manager & Department Manager know as I wanted to keep it private.

I'm good thanks, I'm really starting to feel the benefits now, I'm down 5lbs this week so very happy with that. I'm nearly half way to my goal now which has taken 8 weeks. I've already had comments about losing too much weight from the same people that said I'd got too fat. You can't win.

Think I had another dumping episode yesterday, it seems I don't dump like other people if that's what it is. I had a custard/caramel desert thing. I couldn't stop burping & got quite painful stomach cramps. Felt abit a bit like IBS cramps but more painful which came in waves. I didn't feel sick or had the runs.

All the best for tomorrow & look forward to seeing how you got on.

Laaux

Good luck for tomorrow Paula will be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery. Will look forward to hearing from you. Xxx

ItsmePaula

@Andy74 How did you do back at work? Stomach cramps are my nemesis - They make me so ill. I am going to do what everyone has suggested and take it slow.. The day is getting closer I can't believe it is here. Tuesday will rock by then I am in on wednesday new beginnings xx

@LJJohns2017 Thank you LJ I will be telling you all. I think my surgery is late because my admission time is 1pm. That morning will be slow I bet lol.. I hate waiting - I was not blessed with patience.

Thank you guys for your support it really helpful.

TiaLi

2 days left - soon you'll be on the losers' bench! Bring a pillow for the ride home. Pillows are your friends ;) I think I had a pillow pressed against my stomach for like 2 weeks after surgery, it eased the pain when I coughed or used my stomach muscles.

Don't be nervous, you'll be fine. Easier said than done, I know - I was a wreck the day before my surgery. x

jojo22674

@Andy74 How did you do back at work? Stomach cramps are my nemesis - They make me so ill. I am going to do what everyone has suggested and take it slow.. The day is getting closer I can't believe it is here. Tuesday will rock by then I am in on wednesday new beginnings xx

@LJJohns2017 Thank you LJ I will be telling you all. I think my surgery is late because my admission time is 1pm. That morning will be slow I bet lol.. I hate waiting - I was not blessed with patience.

Thank you guys for your support it really helpful.
Hi Paula not long now what time you driving up here which hotel is it your staying in ? Don't worry not stalking you lol just curious as to where they put you or did you choose ? Xx

ItsmePaula

I'm in Shirley premier at the moment @jojo22674 just chilling. My surgery is now at 4pm. I have to be there at 3pm. Just the waiting game. I get bored easy so we will be having a nose round the high street before we come. Good luck for tomorrow hope to see you around Thursday xx

jojo22674

I'm in Shirley premier at the moment @jojo22674 just chilling. My surgery is now at 4pm. I have to be there at 3pm. Just the waiting game. I get bored easy so we will be having a nose round the high street before we come. Good luck for tomorrow hope to see you around Thursday xx
Oh yeah I know that one on stratford road ! I'm actually quite calm I'm in at 7 am but not sure of time I'll be going down hope it's not a long wait though , yes definitely as soon as I am able to I want to be up and about walking off all the gas ( sooo dreading the pain from that ) so I'll be looking for you are you in a private room ?

x.Nicky.x

Asif ur guna meet each other hehe :) ...so nice that ur both in at same time at same place ... hope I meet some people in hospital too hehe xxx