• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My weigh day tommorow and dreading it!!

emma-louise

my new life!!
I weigh myself every 2 weeks at boots,
And tomorrow is when I go.
And I'm dreading it,it's because I've had a bad stall and I'm hoping I'm going to see movement on the scales.
I know it's not a race,but it's heartbreaking when you have had surgery to see the scales not moving.
But I do kick myself up the bottom and say I can notice more on my clothes!
But I think secretly everyone who had surgery must be the same,and is gutted when those scales don't move..
Best of luck is needed here!!
Lol,,,xxx

Good luck for your weigh-in :D The stalls are really the pits, Ive had a few already and Im only 5 months out! This week I lost a pound which isnt brilliant but at least its going in the right direction! XX

Thanks jac,
I knew I could count on you giving me luck.xxxx
I know it probely sounds silly of me but it's so heartbreaking when you've not lost anything!

I agree, many a time Ive been close to tears! Mad things going through my head about the surgery not working for me, thats the last weight Ill ever loose blah blah blah lol.....we just need to think logically instead of emotionally........easier said than done but we will get there. :D XX

Very true,
I know a lot of people say it's not a race.
But in the early days like us,I'm sure everyone at one point must feel so gutted when you get a stall.
It's only natural when you've gone to the extreme of surgery.
Thanks Jacqui it a star x

Good luck for your weigh in. I know exactly how you feel. We can all say the things like 'it's not a race' or 'look how my clothes fit' but we all know the prize we are looking for is the scales going down.

However, the important thing to remember is you are trying to change you life for ever (at least that's what I keep telling myself) not just for a moment on the scales.

Anyway - really good luck for tomorrow.

hun i know exactly how you feel, its been seven months since my op and i have only lost 4 stone since op, and 2 stone pre op. i went almost 8 weeks without losing a thing, it really got me depressed, to the point where i smashed my scales, i felt like why on earth did i have the op, for it not to work, but hun even if you dont lose the weight i bet your losing the inches,
i know we all want to see the scales move, but my motto now is, it took me 30 years to get this big, so if it takes me a couple of years to lose it then so be it. but it has taken me a hell of a lot to get to this thought process,

i used to get down when i would read about people who had there op after me, and had lost more then me, but a friend the other day opened my eyes a bit, she said trace look at all the medication you have come off, and while at the gym i ran on the treadmill for the first ever time, she said this time last year you wouldnt of even been at a gym let alone be running ..lol
so try and keep your chin up and dont let the scales get to you, i only weigh myself now if i go to my mates and use her scales. and thats every 6 weeks or so.....

Thanks tray

Your so very right,nice to hear from someone who's knows where I'm coming from.
I'll post on here and let you know if I have lost some more.
But I've got a dreaded feeling I haven't x

Emma-Louise,I get weighed every week at Boots, and every week I'm shaking inwardly at what the result will be.
I know exactly how you feel. Although I've only had 2 weeks of the scales not moving at all, I had 6 weeks of losing 1 pound a week. I felt quite down about it all.

But then I had 2 good weeks completely out of the blue.

I'm sure your clothes are better/smaller and you're measuring less. Have you measured yourself?
It's another good way of tracking the changes.
Sending hugs and all the very best wishes too.
Grace xxx

thanks grace,

i wish i wouldnt let the scales get the better of me its silly really.
my clothes are a better sign of loss.
thanks xx

goo dluck for your weigh in hun! hope the scales show you some love xxxx

you sure will - if they dont - they might do next time xxx are you measureing your inches?

Wow Tray, A whole 4/5 sizes smaller, well done. I find my weight loss doesn't always reflect what my body is doing. However, my measurements will quite often be smaller even when my weight hasn't gone down. Do you take a picture of yourself each month or so so that you can see the physical changes. It is only when I look at my pictures that I can really see how well I have done.

Hope all goes well tomorrow. Sending you lots of hugs.

I put on a lb this week, I was rather upset! But I know its not the end of the world, I have been very stressed and not eating great the past few weeks. Stalls are a normal part of the process. If you are worried about your reaction to what the scales say just dont go, there is nothing that says you must weigh yourself so just leave it a few weeks x

Back