• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Robert macadam

Gail-michelle

likes to post
Hi there, Whoopeeeeeeeeee!!!!! I now have my pre assesment date 22nd June and the full funding for my gastric bypass. Soooooooo excited. Now the reality realy does start to sink in. I feel like ime going on me holls L.O.L my surgeon is Mr Robert Macadam has any one had the pleasure!!! I would like you ladys to tell me more if poss.:talk017:

:D:D:D hello its me again, i am like a bad smell ...... i just wont go away. I am so excited for you , its great news!!!!!!!
I have just written a post for you gail-michelle on the other thread.
I am really looking forward to see if anyone replies to this thread....
when i was at my pre-op the other day and there was a lady there who had lost 13 stone , well she was done by mr macadams team (and she lives in south shore). She paid privately though! Aren't we really lucky!!! Thats all i keep thinking....

:p hi g.m., no the lady had dark brown hair that was short. She showed us a picture of herself from 18 months ago were she was 28 stone. What a difference!! The weight loss took years off her. She ownes a hotel in shouth shore and she said she always enjoyed a couple of drinks with the guests. However nowadays she only has one drink and she is drunk!:party0036:cheap night out eh, lol x
If you send me a personnel message with your e-mail address(not that i know what to do as i have never done it), i will forward on the letter i received today regarding the support group. Dot worry if you dont want to send me your e-mail address i totally understand and i will type up the relevant information for you and put it in a thread, no problem.
I love talking to you too!! x

Hiya Sue, no probs I will its, [email protected] I have a textile shop on Bond St south shore, opp the sea food restaurant, next to ethel austins. But if there is any staff about when you come in say nowt for there little ears if you get my drift L.O.L I will go into the office and have a chat with you over coffee. G.M

Hi Baby Jayne thank you so much , Ime not looking forward to the pre-op diet much though?? I am so scared that I might relapse. My hubby had better not speak to me that week L.O.L bless him I dont realy mean that He has been my rock and sole mate through this W.L.S route. :17729:G.M
Great news Gail Michelle, good luck with pre-op diet and Surgery xxx

Thank you so much ladies your all a blessing to your kind words. I also found this site by accident and now Ime bloody well hooked L.O.L I have got a dinner party to do at 4`oclock and here is lil`o me still typing away as if I have all the time in the world. Oh well its all most sorted anyway just a matter of dishing it up, so whats another hour L.O.L G.M xxxxx

Great news Gail michelle I can understand why you are so pleased like me you are now on the road to better things
Like you I am dreading the milk diet I have to do it minimum of 4 weeks here at Luton but will just have to get on with it. It will go right through my hols. .......boooooooooo, but it is in a good cause so have to grin and bear it. We will get there eh??

Jay xx

:D Hi Gail-michelle, hope your having a great evening. i have just dug out the paperwork for our pre-op diet so i thought i would tell you a few things that are on it. I must be honest i dont think its bad at all (listening to some of the other peoples! :)) lol
so here goes:
We have to follow a low carb diet for 2 weeks (if you are insulin dependent then you must see your diabetic nurse first)

General points:
- it is recommended that we take a multi vitamin tablet
- choose foods that are low in fat and sugar
-keep alcoholic drinks to within or below the recommended limits

Typical amounts allowed in one day:
Choose 2 of any of the following per day
- 3 tablespoon of breakfast cereal
- 1 weetabix
- 1 slice of toast
- 1/2 pitta bread
- 3 crackers
- 2 small (egg sized) boiled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of boiled rice / pasta

Fruit and veg per day
Choose 3 of the following
- 1 apple, orange, banana
- 100mls unsweetend fruit juice
- 1 small bowl of salad
- 2- 3 tablespoon of veg

Meat, fish and alternatives
choose any 3 of the following per day
- 2 to 3 oz of lean beef, pork, lamb, mince, chicken , turkey, or oily fish
- 5 oz tuna fish in brine
- 2 eggs
- 2 - 3 slices of lean bacon
- 2 low fat grilled sausages
- 2 oz of quorn

This just gives you a taster of whats on the pre-op diet plan. There are a few menu examples and snack examples to help. The amount i am eating at the moment i know i am going to find it hard, but i think we are very lucky as it doesn't seem anywhere near as bad as some peoples!! But to be honest even if they told me just to eat bread and water just for the next month i would do it!!! lol :D

:D hi gail-michelle, its not too bad is it?!?!
there is more on the menu too - like yogurt and milk. So i think we will be just fine. I cant wait to get friday done and dusted with the anethnetist. When the lady made the appointment with me over the phone she said the anethnetist could still say no to me, oh gosh i hope not! I would be gutted. Fingers crossed he wont!
Hope your well xxxx

Oh my god :eek:Sue you poor thing I had no Idea they could say no to you after coming all this way you are on your last hurdle.Gosh I bet your not going to have much sleep either this week:wave_cry: Any way dont you worry I will hijack the theatre and me and my chums on here will do your op for ya!! Cum onnnn whatdayasay:patback:

:D lol g.m.!! Yes please... whilst your there can i have a tummy tuck too!!! lol
my hubby said i have nothing to worry about, so i am trying not to worry :(
only 4 more sleeps and i will know!! :talk017:

Back