• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

need advice please

helen mellons

Hey all need some ht he help. I am now week 6 post op and things seem to be getting worse for me on the eating and drinking side . 80% of the time whatever i eat or drink comes back up. I know this sounds nasty but the amount of bile i am bringing up is horrendous. i am tacking all the tablets i am supposed to and still not helping . even water seems to be a problem . the weight is flying off but i am feeling tired and have no energy . i am still on soups and liquidized food but even these most of the time wont stay down.2 sips of milk and my tommy starts making the loudest noises followed by pain then bring it back up. some days i can manage bits and pieces but not much . Apart from tired i feel fine but i must admit this is starting to get me down a little.Has anyone got any suggestions. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would suggest that you contact your WLS team as a matter of urgency, you run the risk of becoming dehydrated and other complications. Don't suffer in silence please!!

I agree, contact them asap, they are more experienced than all of us.

Let us know how you get on hun and big hugs coming your way.:hug99:

Definitely contact your provider, you may need a bit of a stretch as it sounds like there is a bit of constriction. Don't bother with your GP or A&E go back to your team asap.

Helen
I had the same problem as you a couple of weeks ago, I contacted my team and had to spend a couple of days back in homerton hospital as I was very dehydrated, so as the other guys have said, contact your team now

Hi hun

gosh you still having probs phone anna up let her know its going on bit too long. Glad someone is losing lots. You know where i am. Its still a couple weeks before you go back so give them a ring. Poor you

xx

Ring the Manor Helen, this doesn't sound right at all....

Slightly off track now, but whitt whoo John aka Glenville, looking good :) xx

Please contact your team asap. You have the same symptoms as I did and I had a stenosis. I could get fluids down ok though so they weren't so worried about me and wasn't as urgent but if you're struggling to get fluids down you can become dehydrated very quickly and this needs sorting asap.

If you do have a stenosis like I did your surgeon will probably want to perform an endoscope and stretch the entrance to your pouch. I had to have this done twice.

My surgeon also told me that 6 weeks is about the time when symptoms of a stenosis will appear.

But please contact your team as a matter of urgency.

good luck hun x

Back