• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass Need to excercise SOON..Is a WII FIT good BEFORE I buy one...THANKS

emma-louise

my new life!!
Hi everyone... been looking at a wii fit to start some exercise..are they good?
Hopeing someone on here may use one,and can tell me if they are good before I take the plunge to buy one...thanks in advance!!:D

hiya it has worked for me mate and i think it is a great way off getting exercise. I go on it everyday and have slowly built it up from 5 mins every day to 50 mins a day. Hope this helps. Janey;)

You get out of it what you put in and it can exrcise all of your body an here are so many more games you can get good for all the family. janey;)

Hi Em... I love it, love it, love it!

I haven't got bored with it... when I am not feeling as well, I do the yoga, there is something for everyone and I really have enjoyed the Wii fit, used most days since August....

Hope you are ok.... love and hugs xxxxx

hi bev,

yes Im sort of ok..lol
been quite sickly so not been on here much.
I like the sound of the wii fit now!
are you well ?

I'm up and down but keep plodding thank you.

My friend uses my Wii fit everyday too... it's been a great buy for us... I had friends over from Wiltshire last weekend and they did a load of the balance games and fitness challenges... it's good fun... but you have to use it... we do... and it's been a great thing... it does so many things too... I have the dance and sport, they are all good.

Love to you as always xxx

thanks bev,

I think I may go and buy one now,I havent got the courage to go to a gym.
As I imagine it to be full of posers!
I will start swimming soon as I have my post-op appointment,I was told not to start until Ive seen them at salford.
And my daughter will love to come with me,just need to buy a smaller costume..lol

If you have an xbox 360 hang fire because they are just about to release a new gizmo called Kinect, we have one on order and it is set to be fantastic, you control it all with your body and the games are supposed to be very active, it has a camera on it that maps your body and so all the controls are controlled by that, so when you do a dancing game you really do have to do the moves (unlike Just Dance where you technically just have to wiggle your arm lol).
It is going to be a VERY active game and promises to beat the wii fit. The Wii fit can be fun, but it has never seemed very accurate to me, you can half-ass your effort and still do it right, so I am REALLLLLLY looking forward to my Kinect. Its not really cheap, its £129 just for the extra bit to run it and then the game costs on top (does come with a multi game set) but if its half as good as it promises to be then it will be worth every penny.
Steph xx

I have never heard of the Kinect Steph... but I'm behind with a lot of technology... I'm just doing the Wii fit yoga...

Maybe this will encourage the cost of the Wii and games to come down in price...

Love and hugs to all xxx

The Wii is exactly like all home based exercise equipment, its only any good if you actually use it. If you're the kind of person who has the determination and discipline to workout at home each day then yeppers they are good. If not then like the hundreds of thousands of rowing machines, cross trainers, and stat bikes out there that are used to hang clothes on, not so much

I have the wii fit....I would say they are great for gentle exercises...you can work up a sweat,but you do need to be motivated to do it...!.
Its fun....my kids love it....and we all play most days...I have the board to..which you can play with other games(eg snowboarding)
There are some good deals out at the moment....
I say go for it.... x x

I think the Wii fit is brilliant in getting you to exercise after a long gap, it's gentler and gets your fitness level up. However, now that I go to the gym regularly and have a pretty good fitness and stamina level I find that the Wii fit doesn't really challenge me enough. I have another wii game called the fitness coach which is really good and I work up a sweat with that and the biggest loser too. I also use my kettlebells regularly. Its good to have the wii for days that I can't get to the gym. Its worth investing I think.

is there a weight restriction on the WII?

I love my Wii Fit <3 But I do find as I`ve got fitter, I need more of a challenge.

I just had a quick google and the weight I am mostly being quoted is 23st 6/8lbs

HTH Xx

Back