• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need to rant!

Jinjanut

I am so fed up with all this. Surgicare/hospital group/mr el Hussani are all absolutely useless. Waiting to be referred back to Mr El Hussani to do tests and fix the problem with not bring able to eat anything bur liquids at week 9. After being in hospital for 1 week have been told that Mr El Hussani maybe able to see me on Saturday 16th or the 23rd. I am livid seeing as I paid for this privately that he should make me wait up to 2 weeks to fix a problem his surgery caused! Has anyone else had any problems like this with these people.

Heya, what surgery did you have? Is Mr El Hussani a bad surgeon? I was hoping to have the Bypass with the WLS Group and he does the surgery in Kent.

Last edited:
Jinja it's appalling what they are doing. Get tough with them and start threatening them with legal action for negligence. Do you have a spouse/family member/good friend who can hit the phones and fight for you? With everything going on I'm sure you don't have the energy for this now!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Jinja - Shell is right - get some help and threaten legal action against the hospital and the surgeon - Hopefully it will be enough to get the ball rolling!

It is disgusting to treat people like this, whether Nhs or a Private patient.

Hope things improve for you very soon hun x

Love Kat x

I have been sent home by my local hospital and am awaiting the referral. I spoke to the Hospital Group and they agree that this is not on and are going to go to his superior to get an earlier date for tests. Fortunately my sister is a solicitor so she is going to look into what I can do legally.

The surgery seemed ok with Mr El Hussani it's just all the admin rubbish to get the complication sorted. I'm not sure who is at fault - it seems like a combination of all except the William Harvey hospital.

Will keep you posted on outcome.

Did you have the band? I have read that post op there are a lot more complication with the band. I obviously don't know what problems you are experiencing as you haven't mentioned them, but if you are banded it could be simple and that you only need an unfill. I hope whatever it is that it's not more serious than just needing some saline taken out x

If you have had the bypass I have done some quick research for you (obviously though, I am not a doctor, and if you did have the bypass I would suggest getting to the Hospital group yourself this saturday and demanding to see Mr El Hussani)

Nausea and vomiting are the most common complications occurring in the first few months after gastric bypass surgery. They may occur after eating too fast, drinking liquids while eating, not chewing enough, or eating more than the pouch can comfortably hold. It is necessary to learn to eat very slowly and chew foods thoroughly. Nausea and vomiting can also be triggered after trying new foods. If this happens, allow a few days to pass before trying a new food again. Notify a physician if frequent vomiting becomes a problem. *

*If you had surgery a few weeks ago and if you vomit every time you eat, you should suspect a possible stricture. If you vomit after drinking as well, a stricture is even more likely. If you think you might have a stricture, you need to contact your surgeon as soon as possible. If you are not able to keep down fluids, you may need IV fluids to rehydrate you.

Right after surgery, it is normal to have some swelling at the site of the stoma. There may also be some scar tissue developing at the site. Normally, this is not significant enough to cause any problems. However, sometimes the scar tissue causes the stoma to narrow significantly, making it difficult for food or even liquids to pass through into the small intestine. In some cases, the opening can close completely. This is known as a stricture.

Strictures after a gastric bypass are not that uncommon. They can be serious, however, because obviously you have to be able to get food and liquids in.

Hi there, I am 9 weeks out and had a bypass. I have tests booked in for Tuesday now to see what's wrong and why I still can't keep more than thick liquids down.

Thanks!

Tuesdays an improvement :) keep us informed x

Hi Jinja

So sorry you are having such a bad time of it all.

Glad that you amanged to get an earlier appointment too, fingers crossed they get it all sorted asap. x

Can't help you with the amounts as I'm pre-op but just want to wish you all the best for tomorrow Jinja
xx

Part of me is worried that maybe this is normal and I am only supposed to be able to eat tiny bits of food very slowly. I can only get 1 litre of water down if I drink any quicker it just comes up. I can manage a couple teaspoons of yogurt and managed 2 teaspoons of mash with a lot if gravy. I tried mashed avocado and that felt like it was stuck and came straight up. I tried a tiny bit of omelette today and that came up. I am worried it's just me and this is how it's supposed to be if your stomach is supposed to be the size of a walnut. Am I just being paranoid?

I don't think you're being paranoid Jinja, I was eating more than that at your stage. I could manage 1/2 a weight watchers ready meal, or most of a 1 egg omelette with tuna and a bit of cheese. I've always eaten 3 meals and 2-3 protein based snacks a day.

Even at 2 weeks post op I could eat more than just 2 tsp of food. Your stomach should be the size of an egg not a walnut.

Good luck for tomorrow, don't let them fob you off, tell them that you are concerned about malnutrition and that if they don't investigate you will take legal advice. I'll be thinking of you and checking regularly for updates x

Back