• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need to rant!

Good luck tomorrow, I have posted this a few times but I am 4 weeks post op and I eat 1 weetabix for breakfast then for lunch I can manage half a tin of soup or meatballs or 1 egg scrambled then for dinner a chicken breast with either gravy or melted philidelphia if I eat a whole breast there isn't normally much room for mash to go with it lol. The breakfast and lunch I don't generally feel a restriction but i do feel it more with my dinner as I think it's because it's more solid even though it's still in a sauce.
I hope you get it all sorted tomorrow xx

Hope things go well at your appointment xxx

Hi all. I had the xray with the horrid drink and they found a narrowing. It is nearly closed due to scar tissue so finally they know why I can't keep food down at all! They did the dilatation yesterday with a sedative only which was horrid. I have to go back to liquids for a week, then purée, then soft and solids. I may need another stretch but things are finally moving in the right direction. Thank you all so much for your support. It means so much xxx

Hurrahhhhhh! I am SO pleased for you! Not that you had to have the icky stretch but that they found the problem and have potentially fixed it :) plus I like being right ;)

Fingers crossed you can get back to normal now, watch out for anxiety over eating after having problems for so long, as you move through the steps try and keep mealtimes quiet, stress free and relaxed as anxiety tightens the pouch for a lot of people x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

So pleased you seem to have got it sorted....onwards and upwards!!!!! xxx

Its been a horrible worrying time for you Ginga, try to relax about it all now and follow the instructions to the letter and you should be ok in a week or two. Heres hoping that you can get lots of nourishment inside you with your liquids.
Are you managing to take your vits etc?
Lynne xx

I was asked to take clear liquids for 24hrs, then shakes and thick liquids for a day or so and then purée. I have a check up on Monday so I hope it's all fine. I had a little corned beef in purée today and it seems all fine :)

That's brilliant that you managed the purée today :) am keeping everything crossed that it will be all good for you from here on x

Not together by the way. Minced lamb with lots of sauce (moussaka) and then avocado and tiny bit of mozzarella :)

That sounds positive! I'm really happy for you, now you can start getting into your bypass and eating properly, and hopefully no more problems x

Ahh so you did have a stricture! I'm SO glad you got it sorted before it completely closed up, and I hope all stays well :)

Back