• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New and looking for support

Miss hungry

7 stone lighter!
Hi all, I just found this site and it looks just what I need.
I had a gastric band last Thursday. Friday and Saturday I was in pain and very uncomfortable, but today I'm ravenous. Is that normal? I have had soup, slimfast, yogurt and various drinks but nothing hits the spot. I'm disapointed that I'm so hungry after only 3 days. Does anyone have advice for me? :cry:

Your body is in shock from the op and everything will be still tender in there. Please stick with your providers after op eating plan to make sure you don't hurt yourself and if necessary, just have extra slimfast or soup.
You won't necessarily have anything in the band yet , depending on what your surgeon prefers to do on the op day....you should have your first fill in about 6 weeks time.
In the meantime, get healed first and then when you are allowed solids again, check out Mazza's food list which is below my signature for guidelines on good stuff to maximise your band.
Make sure you don't try and eat solids too soon before you're advised to.
Maybe the end of next week try some runny mash or porridge but try not to panic at this stage. First job is to let it all settle down.

Thinking of you, very pleased to see you on here and wishing you all the very best. There are some really helpful, experienced and knowledgeable banders on here.

Hoping you are soon feeling very much better. Love & hugs xxx

Aw I know xx But it's not for long ! If you think about it, you must be starving from the aftermath of the pre-op diet, then your body has a massive shock being operated on, at this stage I wouldn't worry about trying to lose weight. You have to heal up first, so as I said, if you feel hungry have another slimfast or yogurt or soup etc.
You can get down to the proper weight loss bit when you are recovered and back on real food.

Aww Bless... it's very early days for you...

I did exactly the same watching my hubby's plate... post surgery... but as things settled down it becomes better, when you start to eat and enjoy your food again.

Good luck and thinking of you xxx

A friend of mine had bypass and said she felt the same way, but it was mostly in her mind. She said everyone was eating around her and she was sad that she couldn't eat. She said she thought she was "hungry" but she really wasnt, she just wanted to chew and eat.

Hang in there. I know it will get better!

Back