• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I'm new and looking for nice people to chat with.

keeks

Hi,
I'm 23 and yesterday was told that i was going to be referred for a gastric bypass as I have tried everything else and nothing helps. I know what the surgery is but i don't know a lot about the build up to it and what happens before and after.
I would love to hear from people who have already had the gastric bypass so i know roughly what to expect.
I've not used sites like this before so if i come across as a bit stupid, i apologise now. lol.

Hi Keeks and welcome to the site. It's full of lovely people to talk to. I don't know what happens in your PCT, but I'm sure someone will be along soon who know's what's what in your area.

I had my gastric bypass on 1st Feb and can honestly say, it's the best thing I've done.

Good luck with your journey & chat to you soon x

Thank you for replying, I'm excited at the prospect of having it done and a little nervous. lol

Thank you mixman, i am just having a nosy round now. well done on losing so much weight. I hope i am as succesful. :)

Thank you rybens. Thanks to this site, i feel a lot more at ease about the journey i am going to take and can't wait to feel good about myself.
Well done on losing so much weight. :)

Morning keeks & welcome to the site. It takes a while to find your way around but everyone is very friendly & helpful here so just shout out if you need any help. I notice you're from Wolverhampton so you should fit in well as there's a large posse of Midlands peeps on here :D

Thanks for the advice twiggie, I didn't realise there were a lot of people from the midlands on here. hopefully i will be able to find a few friends who will be going to the same hospital so they can help me with what to expect.
Its nice to meet you. :)

Thanks for the advice twiggie, I didn't realise there were a lot of people from the midlands on here. hopefully i will be able to find a few friends who will be going to the same hospital so they can help me with what to expect.
Its nice to meet you. :)

If you have a look on the WLSurgery forum further down there's a sticky thread called Walsall Massiiiiiivvvve where they all hang out ;)

Hi Keeks and welcome ! I'm so pleased you have come across this site as it has been a great help and source of info and understanding to lots of us. All in the same boat here whichever operation we have had/are having/hoping for etc.
Feel free to ask what you want as everyone is more than happy to help and just be an ear when you feel like a rant or generally want to chat :)
Looking forward to hearing how it all goes with your bypass and hope that being with us on here will really make it a lot more easy and enjoyable to adapt to life after surgery and that slinky new you underneath xxx Hugs xxx

Hey neen, thanks for the support. I am looking forward to making new friends on here who will be there for me through it all. i can rant on here instead of getting on hubby's nerves. lol. its nice to meet you.

Lovely to meet you Keeley xx
I had my bypass six months ago and to be honest I hated it to start with but now I am soooooooo thrilled with it and would literally jump back on the operating table to do it again if I had to, so I love it.
You will love it here, I credit my smooth journey to this site and I personally feel that every WLS patient should be directed here because it is an awesome invaluable place.
Take care and if you ever have questions or anything just hollar.
Steph xx

Thank you steph, i have fallen in love with this site already and i only signed up this morning. lol.

hi keeks
welcome girl you will find this a great site for all advice and info on all things weight loss surgery and more
get stuck in girl have fun
regards steve x

Hi rambo, thanks for the warm welcome, i see you are a leicester tiger supporter, my in laws live near the training ground and are big supporters too.

Hi rambo, thanks for the warm welcome, i see you are a leicester tiger supporter, my in laws live near the training ground and are big supporters too.

sound like my kind of people lol,
nice to have you on board all the best with your journey

Hi Keeks :welcome: As everyone has already said, this is a great place!I have had some great advice here and hopefully will get a lot more. Im from Manchester so cant really help with advice about your PCT as they all differ so much, but I will help with what ever I can, Feel free to ask X

Back