• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New and looking for advice

Thanks rose that's kind of you. I tried to go on there but it's saying they are private and I don't have permissions to look at it xx

Join in the food game and can't remember what the other 2 are , like a link the word game thingy doodahh in here .. That will get your posts up quickly
Xxx

I was wondering about something and have a question for those who self funded. What happens with medication after the op, so if you have to have blood thinners etc.... Do they get prescribed by them or your gp? Just got me wondering after reading through the threads xx

Did anyone have the answer to this at all? I've made the decision to do it now it's just when, I'm a bit undecided between the sleeve and bypass still so gonna do some more research xx hope your all well xx

Did anyone have the answer to this at all? I've made the decision to do it now it's just when, I'm a bit undecided between the sleeve and bypass still so gonna do some more research xx hope your all well xx
Hi. Usually the company you have gone with provide for all your care. In my case I had a revision sleeve in Brno last week. They discharged me with all the antibiotics and tablets I needed. I have given my doctor all the paper work they gave me so I assume in the event I need anything I go straight to my gp. I have asked them to ref me to the dietician. I hope this has been helpful

I went private and was sent home with all the meds I needed for two weeks. Within days a letter was sent to GP (copy to me) requesting the drugs they should put on repeat for me, when they should arrange my blood tests plus a request for 3 monthly B12 injections starting at 6 weeks post surgery. It was all sorted for me.

I went private and was sent home with all the meds I needed for two weeks. Within days a letter was sent to GP (copy to me) requesting the drugs they should put on repeat for me, when they should arrange my blood tests plus a request for 3 monthly B12 injections starting at 6 weeks post surgery. It was all sorted for me.
That's lovely thanks I was wondering how it worked lol. I'm not sure who I will end up going with yet, do you mind if I ask who you went with? I totally underst and if you don't want to tho xx

Hi. Usually the company you have gone with provide for all your care. In my case I had a revision sleeve in Brno last week. They discharged me with all the antibiotics and tablets I needed. I have given my doctor all the paper work they gave me so I assume in the event I need anything I go straight to my gp. I have asked them to ref me to the dietician. I hope this has been helpful
Thanks that's so helpful xx

I booked directly with the surgeon prof Ammori at the Alexandra hospital in Cheadle. £4K to the prof and £3.5k to hospital. Good price for a sleeve round this area. And he was brilliant.

I booked directly with the surgeon prof Ammori at the Alexandra hospital in Cheadle. £4K to the prof and £3.5k to hospital. Good price for a sleeve round this area. And he was brilliant.
Thanks for that x I'm in Wales so probably a bit different. It's all so confusing deciding who to go with x need to read some reviews I think lol

So I've been quiet for a bit but I've been researching. I've decided on a sleeve and I just need to book a consultation now, the fear is still there and even though I've talked about it with hubby before he doesn't think I was serious. I need to have a chat with him and explain I am serious and I know he will just want me to be happy but I was wondering how your other half's reacted? I am going to self fund on finance so he has to be on board as it's his money too. I've read some things recently which has scared me people dying from these ops. I know there's risks but this just makes it feel real. I'm a real worrier and I guess I just need to know everything will be ok. Sorry for being like this but I need to get it out and you all are so lovely that'll it'll help to chat. I know I posted about this before but it's getting closer and I'm getting more anxiety xx thanks in advance for your time xx

My husband and sons did not what me to have the op ...
I explained that selfishly I was doing it for me !!
My sons are all grown up but said they'd worry I would die having op ( i said I'd die if I didn't !!)
One son Said he'd never had a slim mum and it would be weird
Hubby was worried about loose skin ...
9 wks and 4st 3lbs off their all delighted and glad I did it xxx

My husband needed time to take it in. I fed the idea slowly and talked about different options. He was soon on board and committed. We self funded so I understand how important it is to ensure you have the support and it is solid. I was going through the nhs system (in fact i still am, jumped through all hoops just waiting for funding - after almost two years I jumped ship) which gave him time to think it over.

My husband and sons did not what me to have the op ...
I explained that selfishly I was doing it for me !!
My sons are all grown up but said they'd worry I would die having op ( i said I'd die if I didn't !!)
One son Said he'd never had a slim mum and it would be weird
Hubby was worried about loose skin ...
9 wks and 4st 3lbs off their all delighted and glad I did it xxx

Thanks tracey. I am sure that once it's done and I'm ok he will be fine. We dont have children yet but I ache for a baby and I know that the op will help me get there as I have pcos. Also it will help my anxiety and paranoia I get whenever I leave the house and I will feel like I finally fit in. I've got to a place where I don't really care about food so I know having to change my eating forever will be ok. Your doing so well tracey I hope that mine goes as well as I'm still scared lol xx thank you for sharing tho xx

My husband needed time to take it in. I fed the idea slowly and talked about different options. He was soon on board and committed. We self funded so I understand how important it is to ensure you have the support and it is solid. I was going through the nhs system (in fact i still am, jumped through all hoops just waiting for funding - after almost two years I jumped ship) which gave him time to think it over.

Thanks Lynn. I have talked about it quite a few times over the years but now I've decided I need to have the chat with him. He will be ok in the end and I understand he will be scared as I am terrified myself but I have to do it for myself and for him and for the family we want. Sounds like you've been waiting s long time have you had it done now? Xx

Back