• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New and looking for advice

Just not drinking so much pepsi max every day has saved loads. That probably added up to £15 of every shop plus extras when I was out. I don't eat junk anymore and we don't have take out except very occasionally and if I do have something from say the Chinese, a single portion of tofu and veg (no rice, crackers, starters etc) will do at least 2 meals and I normally end up tossing half of it. Not grabbing chocolate on the go or splurging on treats for date night saves so much. We've gone from a fairly big shop a week plus 3 meals from a place called Gusto to one big shop a month with a couple of top ups :) The Gusto boxes are great too because they are portioned out, have all the nutritional info and make it easier for my husband to cook. Some I can't have so it does him for 2 meals, some I can have and split my half over at least 2 meals and sometimes he and the kids eat them :)

My protein bars were fairly expensive for a box but when you think £17 for 12 meals it's not too bad at all.

Thanks for taking the time to reply fee. I know what you mean I'm trying to plan and the more information I have the better lol. Looks like I'm going to be set back a few months but I'm not giving up. Gonna try my hardest to rein things in if I can maintain until surgery I'll be happy bit I'm struggling so much at the moment I dint want to put pressure on. Anxiety is not helping me at the moment but I'm dealing with it lol. Sounds like I would save lots too as takeaways is something that we have alot of but I'm trying to change that. Thanks again tho you've really helped xx

My interest in food has dropped off dramatically also .. I'm not even cooking to be honest at the moment .. I live on those slimmers world meals and a few other ready made meals that are just the right size for me .. Wiltshire farm foods has caught me attention also as they sell small meals for under £2 ..
Hubby tends to eat a meal while he's at work so I don't have to worry about feeding him ..
So I hardly spend money at all thinking about it ..
Strange sensation to know that food isn't the first thought of the day !

Thanks for that it really helps to hear how everyone does it. I'd be happy with ready meals he easier the better as I have illnesses that drain me and make me exhausted and they can be cheap too. Not cooking would be amazing lol, thanks for all your advice as mentioned I'm set back by a few months and I really don't know which provider to go with but I'll get there xx

You're very welcome. I have chronic fatigue, chronic pain and fibromyalgia among many other things and for a long time food was a comfort, especially when I couldn't do something or had to cancel at the last minute. Sometimes it was a reward for just getting through the day. My relationship with food now is the healthiest is ever been. Losing the weight isn't going to cure me or even change some of my conditions at all as I was born disabled but it does make it easier to manage them and mentally it makes a big difference too. I'm sorry to hear you've been set back but I just wanted you to know it will be worth it and your plan to maintain is a really good one. You don't want to pressure yourself and add to your anxiety as you rightly say and it sounds like you're doing your best to look after yourself x

You're very welcome. I have chronic fatigue, chronic pain and fibromyalgia among many other things and for a long time food was a comfort, especially when I couldn't do something or had to cancel at the last minute. Sometimes it was a reward for just getting through the day. My relationship with food now is the healthiest is ever been. Losing the weight isn't going to cure me or even change some of my conditions at all as I was born disabled but it does make it easier to manage them and mentally it makes a big difference too. I'm sorry to hear you've been set back but I just wanted you to know it will be worth it and your plan to maintain is a really good one. You don't want to pressure yourself and add to your anxiety as you rightly say and it sounds like you're doing your best to look after yourself x

Hi fee. I'm so sorry I've taken so long to reply. I've had a crazy time lately work has been flat out and my anxiety has flared as a result. I've been trying to keep positive as my surgery has been pushed back but it's so hard. I've been finding comfort in food since its been bad lately which is not good. I'm going to make a concious effort now to maintain like I said I would until I can get my surgery. You've done so well fee and it's lovely to hear that relationships with food do change. I know what you mean about being in pain and you've done so well and have definately made the right changes and it can only help xx thanks for your support though means alot xx

I'm just glad I can be some help :) keep talking to us all.
I have a 5 year diary which asks me a different question every day of the year and I go through it 5 times. On May 12th the question is what are you worried about? In 2015 I wrote "that I'm never going to get WLS. They keep moving the goal posts. It feels pointless." In 2016 I had my sleeve op on that day :) It's a long journey but we'll keep supporting you before and after x

I'm just glad I can be some help :) keep talking to us all.
I have a 5 year diary which asks me a different question every day of the year and I go through it 5 times. On May 12th the question is what are you worried about? In 2015 I wrote "that I'm never going to get WLS. They keep moving the goal posts. It feels pointless." In 2016 I had my sleeve op on that day :) It's a long journey but we'll keep supporting you before and after x

Aw thanks so much fee. I know what you mean and it feels like it'll never happen. In reality I know I just have to hang in there as I have 2 out of 3. I've made the decision it's what I ant, I have the support of my wonderful hubby. I'm hoping that the finances will fall into line soon. Your all amazing here and you all know what I'm going through so can relate. That's lovely fee nive to look back on it in the future xx

Back