• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New bander.... on Thursday!

Thanks for the tips hon, I have bought a jar of marvel in preparation, and got some protein powder off the Internet, but not the one you recommended, might try that next. :) My op is Monday, have to be in hospital by 12 so be sometime in the afternoon.
Going to get some deflatine at weekend, got windeze but terrified of the wind pain so going to stock up on anything and everything!
My Pre op isn't bad, just small portions and with no restriction it's mega hard, been in bed early every night to try and keep as far away from the kitchen as possible ? think I've gone a bit over on the protein, so hope that doesn't do any harm.
3 more sleeps... Like waiting for Christmas lol x

haha! I know exactly what you mean by having to go to bed early to keep away from the kitchen! It's a horrible feeling, especially because I usually wake up ravenous! Anyway, you seem to be well prepared for the surgery... you may want to add peppermint tea/cordial to help with the wind. In my experience, the most effective thing was walking around to help the gas distribute itself and exit your system ;).

Make sure to enjoy your weekend... and think that this time next week, it will not only be over, but you will be feeling back to normal. It is going to be a great year ahead of you... because you get to focus on yourself :D

Let the good times roll.....

S xx

2 sleeps to go! :)
Feeling full of enthusiasm today, going to pop out any get a nice long walk in to clear the cobwebs, Pick up my last bits and pieces for post op and pack my bag.
Cook everything tomorrow and freeze it all ready for Tuesday.
My son is a bit down at the moment, it's hard for kids as they don't really understand the reasoning, they love unconditionally! He says he doesn't want me to lose weight as I'll not be like the mum he is used to. Ah!!!
Been awake since 5 am... So excited :)
Thanks for all your support and advice, I really appreciate it :) xxx

keep on buzzing :D I was the same to the point as I walked down to theatre myself and the nurses were having such a laugh, all courtesy of the added adrenaline :D

Sharon! Best of luck for tomorrow!!! Make sure you get everyone to cater to you so that you can get some real rest for the first few days. Just remember - it is all worth it in the end, and stay positive! and also... try and get as much as you can out of the nurses (in terms of painkillers to take home - and extra dressings for the wounds). You may need to change them every couple of days (only to keep a sterile environment for them to heal in).

Ahhh!! I am so excited for you!!! :)
All the best, and hope to hear from you soon!

S xx

I weighed 260 lbs when I started my pre-op diet. Weighed myself this morning - am 3 weeks post op - and am currently 234 lbs. Am hoping to get to 210 lbs by Christmas. That means I have to loose a little over 10 lbs per month over the next 2 months. I don't know how reasonable that is... but I'm really trying my best.
S x

I weighed 260 lbs when I started my pre-op diet. Weighed myself this morning - am 3 weeks post op - and am currently 234 lbs. Am hoping to get to 210 lbs by Christmas. That means I have to loose a little over 10 lbs per month over the next 2 months. I don't know how reasonable that is... but I'm really trying my best.
S x

Well done on the loss so far slothey x sounds a reasonable amount each month x

Its funny because I see the weight loss getting progressively slower and slower... but as long as it is in the right direction, I am fine with it ticking away in the background.
Paula- I think you are a few weeks ahead of me - how are you feeling? have you managed to have a fill yet?
Sharon - a few more days and you will be feeling back to normal :) I bet you feel your clothes getting loose as each day goes by - how long till you are on mushy food?
S xx

I got banded 27th September and my first fill should be next Tuesday - yikes!!

Meggie moo said:
I got banded 27th September and my first fill should be next Tuesday - yikes!!

Banded on the 30th Sept and got band fill 10th November :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

p_relf said:
Banded on the 30th Sept and got band fill 10th November :)

How you getting on Paul? You on proper food now?

Meggie moo said:
How you getting on Paul? You on proper food now?

I'm good thx, proper food from this weekend! I'm good! Got dietician phone consultation 5th and fill 10th.

How u doing? How's the eating going? What's ur normal food for the day? X :)

p_relf said:
I'm good thx, proper food from this weekend! I'm good! Got dietician phone consultation 5th and fill 10th.

How u doing? How's the eating going? What's ur normal food for the day? X :)

Glad your doing well Paul x I've got my telephone dietician tues at 9:30 then fill later in the afternoon?

I've been eating protein bar for breakfast and small milky coffee, lunch I've been having 6 Melba toasts with either Philly light or peanut butter, muller light Greek yogurt. Dinner I've been having fish cakes with cauliflower cheese or m&s individual cottage pie - managing to get between 55 - 75g protein but really having to think about it lol guessing it will come naturally eventually x

Tesco does a cheese and chive burger (meat free freezer section) that's got 10g protein and gorgeous!!

Meggie moo said:
Glad your doing well Paul x I've got my telephone dietician tues at 9:30 then fill later in the afternoon?

I've been eating protein bar for breakfast and small milky coffee, lunch I've been having 6 Melba toasts with either Philly light or peanut butter, muller light Greek yogurt. Dinner I've been having fish cakes with cauliflower cheese or m&s individual cottage pie - managing to get between 55 - 75g protein but really having to think about it lol guessing it will come naturally eventually x

Tesco does a cheese and chive burger (meat free freezer section) that's got 10g protein and gorgeous!!

Sounds good :) just be reading the THG website and on there it says that u can eat normal food from 3 weeks :-O

Need to get my head around the protein bit! How may cals are u getting a day? X

I'm having between 1000 and 1200 cals a day religiously logging everything through my fitness pal x

Normal food yum yum c

I had my 4 week post-op check-up with both my doctor and dietician yesterday.

First the dietician: She weighed me - I am now 105kgs, which means that I have lost 13kgs since the pre-op diet. That takes me from a BMI of 38 to a BMI of 34! She was very happy with my loss - slow and steady decline makes it easier on the body. I think I am losing approximately 1kg per week on average, so its been good so far. I have managed to eat everything... bread, rice, chicken, fish, potatoes (amongst many other veggies), cereal, porridge... you name it. The dietician is happy that I have managed to eat everything without a problem, and that I have yet to throw up... so good news... Although I am not starving between meals, she thought it would be best to start off with my first fill in 2 weeks. Am very excited!

Now.. for the Doctor - he looked at the scars - was very happy with the way they were healing. He said that I should not be able to notice them in a few months :) We discussed my progress, weight loss... etc... and he seems very happy with everything so far. He said that I can fully go back to the gym - So I'm going to give spinning a try on Saturday. If it goes well - he suggested I do that 3-4 times a week. I have to wait a few more weeks to lift weights though.

It was very sweet of them to take the time to check on things to make sure I was on the right track. Funny enough, my dietician has set my goal for the end of January - 93kgs. That means a loss of 12kgs in a little under 12 weeks. That would take me to a BMI of 30. I am secretly working towards reaching that weight by Christmas :)

All in all, my target weight is 70kgs, and I am hoping to get there by June 2013...

Fingers crossed....

S xx

Good for you, you are doing so well hon!
Bet you are pleased with the way it's coming off, and a goal of 30 BMI will be amazing!
Are you getting any comments now? Bet you can notice a real difference.
I think you have really got it Sussed and have a decent plan for the journey. Good on you yay! Xxx

Thanks for all your support Sharon! xxx
In all honesty, I have gotten some comments, only because when I lose weight, it shows on my face mostly! I do hope I can reach a BMI of 30 by Xmas. I'm going to work my ass off for it, so that even if I dont reach it.. I know I tried my best! I am a realist, and I have known from the start that this was not going to be easy, and that the loss was going to be slow, but I've prepared myself mentally for this... so I have to keep the faith.
A good friend of mine is a personal trainer, and he has watched me struggle with weight loss, but he also knows what works for my body... so basically - we have a plan to limit the plateaus to a minimum.
This entails changing up the calories I eat every day, so that my body can't tell I'm on a diet. If I maintain on 1200 calories a day... usually within 2-3 weeks... my body reprograms itself to hold on to everything I consume... and thus a plateau. So... I alternate like this:

Monday: 1200 cals
Tuesday: 800 cals
Wed: 1200 cals
Thursday: 800 cals
Friday 1200 cals
Saturday: 1500 - 2000 cals (cheat day)
Sunday: back to 800 cals

And repeat the cycle.

Also, the best way to stay motivated is to weigh yourself once a week or once every 2 weeks so that the effect of an STS week gets diluted.

Tell me... how are you finding things? Are you managing to eat okay? Do you feel any restriction? Or is it mainly dependent on will power right now?

Best wishes,

S xx

Back