• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New bander

Claire m

Hi everyone,
Im new to the site looking for a bit of advise, i was banded yesterday and am in quite a lot of pain when i move, sit up etc, is this normal??
Many thanx
Xx

Hi and welcome!

Its normal to feel discomfort but if you are in pain take some pain killers - dont suffer.

If however its wind pain, move around little and often to shift it :479:

I was banded 2 and a half weeks ago.... Took a good week to get over the initial pain.... It still feels sore now ( but bearable).
It will get better xx

14459.jpg

Hi am pre-opper so can't advice but wanted to wish a speedy recovery and welcome to this wonderful site. Can't wait to see your weight loss :)

Mazza, i was reading on another post about you not posting as much. I love you, you are the number one reference. i have started reading the banders unite, i am on page 60 out of 400 or so, so long way to go but you and Neen gives so much of yourself and time to this and I for one (and i am 100% sure all future banders and just banded people) value your advice and opinion so much. So don't you go anywhere!!! :) big hugs to all xxx

I got banded on the 13th (10 days ago) and still a bit tender, mostly in the port site area (which I think is mainly due to them putting it in right where my bra band sits >_<). Days 2-4 were the worst, but once I got moving the aching got better and the wind pain went. As well as Windeze, I also recommend a heatpack on the sore area/s and also bending/stretching a little bit to move things around inside and release trapped wind.

:)

I'm 6 weeks post band op now but remember feeling very sorry for myself the first few days after my op; but felt loads better each day and was fine to go back to work in less than a week.
Take care, get plenty of rest, but try to move about a bit too, hope you feel better soon xx

Mazza, i was reading on another post about you not posting as much. I love you, you are the number one reference. i have started reading the banders unite, i am on page 60 out of 400 or so, so long way to go but you and Neen gives so much of yourself and time to this and I for one (and i am 100% sure all future banders and just banded people) value your advice and opinion so much. So don't you go anywhere!!! :) big hugs to all xxx

Ah thank you, that is so kind of you xx

Back