• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Hairstyle

tendersage

Ok its time i got this mop of mine sorted out, been putting it off, but my face shape has changed so much i now need to consider a different style.

I do not want SHORT hair, and it needs to be long enough to tie back for work, i am going to try and book an appointment for on my birthday shhhh i am blowing out of work that night as i do not have any more holiday left.

LOL anyone got any suggestions on style? needs ot be easy maintanence due to the ungodly hour in the mornign i get up for day shifts

Last edited:
Hi Tendersage, just had a look at yr photo album to look at a better pic of your hair - wow the weight is really coming off. Is your hair naturally curly or just v thick?

I think a Bob that goes below your jaw line - this will be long enough to tie back and will be flattering to your face. I would also have it thinned a bit, and coloured with darker streaks as I think this will suit your colouring. That's what I think anyway, I expect you will have lots of ideas.

Hi Jenni it is naturally wavey, cant alter that and when i have had bobs in the past the bottom is never a clearly defined line as a result, even when blow dried within 30-50 mins the waves start creeping back so i have to work with that. I have fine hair just rather a lot of it

Have you thought of either having it permed, or chemically straightened?

Ahh, I have coarse curly hair which I never blow dry - just put the heating on in the car and open a window when I go out. This ensures ringletty look ( if i'm lucky, it never goes the same way) or at least curly and so when I have had Bobs it sort of works itself out.

Sorry not to of more use. Why not flick through a few mags at a hairdressers or ask their advice as they will know best what to do with your hair type. At the rate you are going with your weight loss, if you had your hair done every 2 months you would look totally different each time. x

OMG Sam if i had even a light perm i would have affro hair, i know this from experience LOL

Jenni i too allow it to dry naturally, to much heat and it frizzes even more. will talk to the hairdresser, as well as look through a few mags or sites online

Also, do you use frizz ease - I do and find it works well at calming it down - they have a serum that you put on wet or dry hair as well as the shampoos. I also use vo5 hotoil regularly, this seems to help. Plus I never ever brush my hair unless I am about to wash it as this makes my hair look the wild woman of wonga!

yes i use frizz ease their deep conditioner is great, i use other serums though as they are just as good.

The drop in nutrients has played havoc with it, plus the period of time in hospital. hence it needs something drastic done to get it back into a reasonable condition again

Hi TS, my daughter has really thick curly hair and she hates it. Having it cut made it more curly because with the weight out, the curls could bounce back and not just frizz..the natural curl now is lovely and she has it long enough to tie back. Me myself have had mine layered to lose my curls and each time I have a cut my hair seems to lose its curl so I can now manage a layered bob. Good luck on what ever you decide. x Gaynor x

Thanks Gaynor its going to be a tough decision, i have had long hair since my mid teens, short hair just did not look right, but now i have to consider how to recondition it, and keep it looking good and the only way is it have a fair bit lopped off

Looking at your pic Di, even if you have a good 3 - 4 inches off to improve the condition it will still be fairly long x

chuckles... Sam i am looking to perhaps take it up to shoulder length, thats a fair bit more then 3-4 inches :) and i know it will grow again

My hair used to be long, thick and wavy...

P120508_152601.jpg

But this length is good, you can tie it back, straighten it the night before and it holds the style...and it's modern and makes you look ten years younger...

HPIM0976.jpg

I think this sort of shape would really suit you too :)

I agree Ts, have a real good few inches off and then you will be able to manage it and keep it in good condition.
I also agree with Caz straighteners are great and can put a lovely shine to your hair if used properly. A nice layer to take out the weight and your ticker will probably move lol xx Gaynor xx

Well T I know you said you don't want to go short, but I had long permed hair, it was about 2 inches below my shoulders and one day I just had enough I went in to the hairdressers for a trim, and ended up spotting a picture in a mag that I loved, it was short and choppy and have never looked back infact have even gone shorter and have now been short for nearly 5 years and would never go back to having long hair.

Its knocked years off you Di. Looks great

no terri just a wash, cut & blow dry i colour it mysef to cover the grey.

LOL on hold to hospital trying to book GB appointment with hommerton

Back