• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New life day 1

loveday

Being banded on Thursday at Gatwick Park

Hi

I am getting a band on Thur from Dr Pring.

I have a BMI of 35 but this is on the up and has been since i had children 6 years ago and I decided to do something about it. Permanently. I have managed to lose a few stone a few times but it creeps back on leaving me feeling low and helpless.

My father died prematurely from cancer at 59 and I believe firmly you have one life so make the most of it.

So this is me, making a permanent change . I hope some of you come in my journey with me. My husband is supportive but thinks its drastic ( he is naturally very lean /borderline underweight ) no matter what he eats or drinks. So being overweight and no longer knowing who you are, is not within his comprehension .

I am feeling positive and know this is the right thing.

Background info: I am 36 , live in East Sussex and have 2 small boys.

Xx

Welcome and best of luck loveday :D

Surgery tomorrow!!!

I have my surgery tomorrow at Gatwick Park with Chris Pring. I am excited and nervous. I will update in my experience as I go along. Make some space for me on that losers bench! I have to admit I put a splash of amaretto in
My milk tonight!!!

wow...all the best with your op tomorrow... Im sure all will work out for you...xx

Good luck for tomorrow. Make sure you update us. Eager to find out how you get on. Here's to a speedy recovery. :) x

good luck - although avoid alcohol it's the perhaps worst thing to have on a liver shrinking diet!

Gowned up and ready for surgery.

I feel remarkably calm. I actually think being here on my own helps. I'm just waiting for the surgeon! Bring it on. X

Best of luck :)

Very glad your so calm. Nice snooze then you will be on your way to a new life xx good luck c

Well it's prob all done and dusted by the time you read this, hope your not to sore, and remember to drink plenty, it really helps xx

Surgery is done. It went smoothly . I felt nauseous for the first hour. This has gone now just some pain around ribs and port site. Staff have been fine and I have been sipping flavoured water. All in all Hurrah thank f@&k that is over. I am in overnight so I'm going to try to shut my eyes now . Night night !

Gastric band diary: Feeling much better this morning . Sore but not so bad it's distracting. I am about to drink tea which should make me feel normal!

Last edited:
Day 2 post op update

I started off so well yesterday , perhaps I still had some anaesthetic in me.

But by 2 pm I was in so much discomfort I couldn't find a position to lie in and the port site and ribs were excruciating . The paracetamol and codeine just didn't help. So I
Knelt against the bed and my friend rubbed by spine up and down . The burps came, helped along by peppermint tea and the pain started to ease.

But I am still really sore and I'm basically in bed still with no major desire to get dressed or be very active - is this normal? I feel like I have been stabbed then beaten up!

In terms of food I had about 1/6th of a can of Heinz cream of tomato soup. Plus water all day. Then in the evening I had about 8 sips of chicken soup but it wasn't much.

The worst bit was when I took some paracetamol in the night. Hubbie broke it into two bits but I noticed one bit was bigger than the other. After I swallowed the larger piece my cheeks started tingling and saliva started pouring into my mouth. So I take it that with all my swollen insides right now even that was too big for me. It passed fairly quickly but felt horrible at the time. Again, can this be normal at this stage?

Today is day 2. I am very sore still but I am going to sip on a meal replacement drink to get some nutrients in me!

Hope things improve. I would really like some assurance from bandsters out there !
X

yes t's all normal and at this point it's more common to take soluble tablets or liquid for the very reason you've found. Head off to the chemist to get some!

As for wind pain, gentle moving of arms in windmill motion can help shift the wind, moving around as much as you're able, grab some peppermint tea too.

Food wise, yes, if you don't want it, don't have it but do stay hydrated, you may find some fruit or veg juice would be good, or actimel as the n you're getting some vitamins, nutrients and a bit f energy too.

Just a hint, as its always nice to be able to look back on the journey in one go, you may just want to post in one diary thread rather than starting a new one each day, it's great when you're further down the line to see how far you've come (and easier to find lol) and people often read diaries to get an idea of what their own journey may be like :)

If you ever have questions about specific band things or concerns certainly post on the banders section of boards cos thats where mst people read and reply too :)

Hang in there, it gets easier and altho the band isn't always the easiest, it's a great tool!

Back