• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New member of the forum and new bander

Keb2804

Hi everyone

I have been reading your fantastic posts for a long time now whilst preparing for my journey and you all have served as a huge inspiration to me. I haven't got up the courage before to post, but thought I'd take the plunge. I am a single working mother to my beautiful daughter (5years old) and work as a Midwife in Kent. I have battled with obesity since my early teens and progressively got worse until my late teens when my father passed away and it has been a struggle ever since.

I had a gastric band inserted yesterday at Dolan Park. So I am now 1 day post op and feel pretty amazing. I absolutely cannot wait for my life to begin. I am a little bruised and so far have minimal wind pain (hope it continues that way!). Not really hungry at the moment had a small amount of smoothie at the hospital last night and 1/3 of a small mullerlight yoghurt for breakfast. Had a small petits filous this afternoon and nothing yet as really not hungry.

I would love to share my journey as you have all done and share in your experiences if you'll have me.

Keb2804

Welcome. Hope you are feeling ok still. The wind pain may kick in one next few days, but it will pass. Just try to drink peppermint tea or have some other wind relief. Walking around does help too.

Look forward to reading about your journey. It will be so worth it! Onwards and downwards :) x

Welcome and congrats! You won't regret this just take this week easy x

hi Keb and Welcome

Hi Keb! SNAP! I had mind done yesterday by Mr. El Hasani as well...small world! I don't have any gas pain either and apart from some bruising and rib pain am feeling great considering how I expected to feel. I went down at 12pm for mine :)

Thanks for the welcome.

Bella - I went down at 9am which I was really pleased about. My mum stayed the whole time with me which was lovely. I slept for about 6hours after I came out of theatre and slept well all night. How are you feeling. I'm trying a smoothie for breakfast but not really interested as not feeling very hungry at all. It is a little uncomfortable going down to be honest, not sure why. I had a 10ml band and he said it was empty.

Thats nice, my husband stayed with me with I could honestly not have coped without him those first few hours. I slept on and off throughout the day and the same at night. I was given a 14ml band which I was surprised about, only expected a 10ml. Still trying to figure out if it is a positive thing to have a bigger band when it comes to restriction, but I will work with it either way :) I have been doing good foodwise also, well liquidwise :) Have had soup, yogurt, juice, water and an ice lolly too! I am not hungry but my stomach is making a lot of noises.
My band is empty too. And I have not had any gas pain at all. I just feel like I have had a good kick in the ribs but only took pain killers once today so that is a good sign.
A nurse from Dolan park called me today to see how I was doing and I already have been sent an appointment for my first fill, so everything seems to be going smoothly so far :)

looking forward to keeping up with your progress!! Hope everything is going well for you!

How are you getting on Keb? I am having my band fitted a week on Friday at Dolan Park so am interested to know how you are doing? x

Hi Caroline

I'm doing really well thanks. Back to work tomorrow and I can't wait I've been so bored!!

Physically feel great, a little tired occasionally as not eating very much but well. Not sore anymore, managed to get away with minimal wind pain I think partly due to my addiction to peppermint tea and wind settlers.

Dolan park is a lovely facility and the staff were great. Good luck with your journey x

Hiya and thanks for posting about your experience I'm hoping to get my band 7th oct and have my consultation next sat xx

Hi Keb,

I was banded yesterday too and now at home.

Its a strange feeling but we are on a positive track...

I too have a 5 year old and would love to be your bandit buddy x

Take care Jane

Whoops just saw this was some time ago! but heh we are all bandet buddys here whatever your date, think I might still me high from yesterday

Jane

Back