• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New study,sleevers, pre and post op vitamins and proteins

Sharonimo

Sleeve to Bypass
Thanks -- only just found this -- I missed a few posts recently!

I actually already take a lot of vitamins and supplements as I was concerned for some time that my diet might be lacking.

I take: (1) basic multi-vit and mins tab, (2) Omega 3, 6, 9, (3) Chondotrin and Glucosamine, (4) Zinc top-up, (5) Vitamin C top-up, (6) Vitamin E, (7) Vitamin D and Calcium, (8) Echinacea.

Will be sticking to virtually the same pill box post surgery, but possibly plus an extra Vitamin B12 supplement.

stuckinafatsuit

POPPED THAT FAT SUIT!
I too have been taking a cocktail of vitamins pre surgery and have carried it on. Regular blood tests should keep on top of it also. My doctor has agreed to 3 a year.

Kim

Punkwitch

Its good advice. I have started taking multi vitamins with minerals and also biotin so that hopefully my hair loss wont be too bad!!!

mariew

My dietitian advised against extra zinc as there is enough in your multi vit, apparently it knocks your copper levels out.

DEANO76

I was told i dont need any vitamins by my hospital after surgery , when i went in for my 6 week post op check they never even took bloods.

Sharonimo

Sleeve to Bypass
My dietitian advised against extra zinc as there is enough in your multi vit, apparently it knocks your copper levels out.

Thanks for that Marie. I did wonder last night actually after having posted my message I looked at my bottles again and wondered if taking more than 100% RDA of zinc or anything else might cause problems.

But I am calcium deficient -- I am lactose intolerant and was (somehow?) surprised when the calcium deficiency first showed up on GP blood test about a year ago ...... then I remembered I had deliberately reduced the amount of milk, yogs and cheese in my diet and had switched from cereal with milk to plain toast for breakfast to cut even MORE milk out !!!! (Doh!)