• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to the Site, Hello everyone

kim53

Hi my name is Kim
I live in willington co durham. Married to Peter and I have a 26 year old daughter.
I am "lurking" around because my husband and doctor want me to have the surgery. My husband had a bypass last may for his diabetes.
so looking for inspiring stories and answers to my questions, which will give me courage to do this, because i desperately need to.
looking forward to getting to know you all

Hello Kim, welcome to the site. I am sure you will find the answers to any questions you have here x good luck! (And I hope your husband has inspired you with a new zest for life)

Hi hun and very warm welcome :) i believe your in the best place for inspiration and information, great support and friendship. I'm sure you know such alot already , as you've been thru it with your hubby. im guessing he has been a great source of inspiration too. It is a scarey thing to do, but for me was a last resort to get some sort of normal healthy life back. i wish you all the best :)

welcome Kim, Just think, now your husband can chase you up the stairs but once you have had your surgery you will be able to chase him as well! You will find plenty of support on here as we have all got one thing in common, read all the threads and ask any questions you may have however silly they may seem, someone here will have an answer or at least a view.

Thank you so much everyone, such a lovely warm welcome. I feel stronger already. I am giggling at your suggestion slaz, and Crystalrainbow I agree that's what i want too, a return to being normal and healthy.

I have replied on your other post let me know where abouts you are and we could arrange a meet up if you wish xx

Thank you so much everyone, such a lovely warm welcome. I feel stronger already. I am giggling at your suggestion slaz, and Crystalrainbow I agree that's what i want too, a return to being normal and healthy.

Although being new to the surgery, i believe the benefits are going to far outweigh the negatives. I had a few wobbles and tears wondering what the hell i done, but we wouldn't be normal if we didn't (or am i the odd one maybe lol) but i know now i'm healing the discomfort is becoming less, and when the weight starts to shift and i can get out walking i'll be on cloud nine. For me its about getting my life back becoming gorgeous, slim and sexy is just a bonus LOL :eek: don't be shy come on in and ask away x x x always someone happy to help no matter day or night

Welcome, I'm a bander so don't know about the bypass, but you've come to a great place :)

Thanks Clare, I am amazed at the terrific support and all you amazing people and your wonderful transformations!!

Thanks Clare, I am amazed at the terrific support and all you amazing people and your wonderful transformations!!

Everyone's been really helpful & supportive, no negativity with advice given, even when the request for advice is not always so positively requested.
xx

Hello Kim from another Kim :)
xx

Hi Kim and welcome I'm
Just up the road near Chester le street, had my bypass 4th jan although I'm only losing very slowly I've had no problems at all and no regrets :)

I understand how scary it is to have weight loss surgery. I had type 2 diabetes diagnosed about 6 months before my surgery but I'm sure I'd had it for a while. In hindsight, I know I must have had it for years because of the symptoms. I had worsening eye sight and an occasional tingling in my feet. I don't know how long I really had it but definitely a few years. Even if you don't have diabetes or major health issues yet, you can stop yourself from getting to that point with surgery. And how nice is it to fit in smaller clothes? Definitely a perk! I wish you all the best!

Hi Tracey nice to meet you. I suppose its good in a way because you will probably not end up as "baggy" if you lost it quicker . did you lose some before, because 43 is a lot if you only had surgery 14th jan.

Hi Chris just realised after seeing your before and after pics I recognise you and you will probably recognise me when we meet.

Back