• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi from Orpington!!!

Hey hon,

Back from Chelsfield for my pre op assessment. Have put a full account in my journal on here so you can see what to expect on your pre op assessment. What I didn't put is the receptionist will ask you for a credit card, you can refuse, this is for private. If you explai you've been referred from NHS she will be understanding.

The rooms are beautiful, Sheila is a right laugh as is her assistant (whose name I can't remember) and the grounds are beautiful.

If you are going by bus from Orpington, make sure you get the right R3 (the one that heads to chelsfield) as it doubles back on itself and if you ask the driver nicely he will let you off at the entry way to the hospital. When heading back, walk up to the primary school and the bus will come THE SAME way it came to drop you off, as it circles back round to orpington. If you are going anywhere further than Orpington then get off on the highstreet or the station and catch another bus as the R3 goes ALLLLL around the houses for about an hour before coming round to the PRU.

Leave about 2 hours for your pre op assesment, as that's how long it took me.

Good luck! Hope you get your date soon <3

Pleased it went well Kitty we on the final count down now xx won't be long xx

Nope not long now! I go onto liquid only as of tomorrow then laxitives then nothing as of friday. I go in 3pm friday and shoul dbe on the table by 4pm

Hi Sarah, have you had your surgery yet? I'm with Mr ElHassani too, just wondered if you had any thoughts you'd like to share with a very nervous pre-opper from Bexleyheath. :eek:)

HiddenBeauty said:
Hey hon,

Back from Chelsfield for my pre op assessment. Have put a full account in my journal on here so you can see what to expect on your pre op assessment. What I didn't put is the receptionist will ask you for a credit card, you can refuse, this is for private. If you explai you've been referred from NHS she will be understanding.

The rooms are beautiful, Sheila is a right laugh as is her assistant (whose name I can't remember) and the grounds are beautiful.

If you are going by bus from Orpington, make sure you get the right R3 (the one that heads to chelsfield) as it doubles back on itself and if you ask the driver nicely he will let you off at the entry way to the hospital. When heading back, walk up to the primary school and the bus will come THE SAME way it came to drop you off, as it circles back round to orpington. If you are going anywhere further than Orpington then get off on the highstreet or the station and catch another bus as the R3 goes ALLLLL around the houses for about an hour before coming round to the PRU.

Leave about 2 hours for your pre op assesment, as that's how long it took me.

Good luck! Hope you get your date soon <3

Thanks for the info hun, still waiting for a call with a specific date, wishing you the best of luck xx

Hi Kitty , I had my op at Chelsfield back in January, Sheila is lovely , her assistant Aichen ( probabaly spelt it wrong) looked after me all the way through, they were all lovely there and I could not fault any part of my admission ,pre op or aftercare, you are in very good hands :)
Kate xx

Thanks for the info hun, still waiting for a call with a specific date, wishing you the best of luck xx

Also wear a bra (i wore a vest top with built in bra) because you have to take your top off for the ecg which i didn't realise i was having :) poor assistant didn't know where to put her eyes

HiddenBeauty said:
Also wear a bra (i wore a vest top with built in bra) because you have to take your top off for the ecg which i didn't realise i was having :) poor assistant didn't know where to put her eyes

Lmao! I will definitely remember that! X

I'm really not particular.. i mean what have i got that she hasn't other than tattoos lol

Hi
Been a while since I posted on my own thread!
I'm now over 8 weeks post op from my bypass that I had at Chelfield park. It seems ages ago now!...

Well I've lost 4 stones in total and have gone from size 22-24 to 18-20! Sooo pleased with the results. It really is the best thing I've ever done for myself and I've no regrets at all.

I received fantastic care in Chelsfield. I went in on Monday and came out Thursday. They said to expect a 3 night stay. Sheila and Ichen and all the nurses were brilliant. I didn't have any pain from the wounds but had bad wind pains especially in the left shoulder which I expected. These went away after about 2 weeks. I had a central line, drips in my hand, a catheter and another sub cutaneous needle in my chest through which they gave me morphine.
I found the first 2 weeks hell post-op to be really honest. This wasn't anything to do with pain etc but I had great difficulty coming to terms with what I had had done. My brain could not comprehend that I couldn't have egg & chips or a curry etc when I felt like it (I would've ripped someone's arm off for my old favourite foods!) . I hated having fluids for weeks then soft diet. At one point I thought "what the hell have I done to myself? Can I get this reversed?" and was crying about it. Things DID and HAVE got better. I feel brilliant now and have come to terms with the whole thing. I love it now as I am realising that eventually going to be able to have anything to eat (in tiny portions) with the exception of chocolate and sweets but that doesn't bother me now!
As I said, it was the best decision I ever made!
So...good luck girls!! Ask any questions you want and I'll try & help!!!
Sarah xx

Thanks sarah.

I'm having a bad evening. Was doing well, being productive and my usual organisational self and I just passed the thought this time Friday I'll be out of surgery and just burst into tears sat on the loo.

My bf is having a hard time of it with his own depression problems and his fear that I'm gonna die, no matter how much reassurance I give him it isn't enough. I don't want him to see me like this even though I need his support.

My mum is driving down early Friday but I wish she was here now.

I know it's the right choice but the evil thoughts in my head keep telling me bad things and I'm just having trouble fighting them off. Not looking fwd to the laxative tomorrow.

It's good to see the happy stories so I know I'm doing right. I think I might meditate for a bit before I sleep.

thanks for lettimg me know i am away for a couple of days so i was a bit worried i even changed my answer phone message and gave telephone number for where i was staying . it would be nice if we were there together. wendy

Good luck for friday. Wendy 1963

Hi!!!
Good luck for tomorrow! You will be absoloutely fine!! My Mum was petrified I was going to die also and kept on about how I shouldn't have it done. Now she is so pleased with how well I've done.

Keep us updated!

Sarah xx

Kizzy70 said:

I have my date! 21st april wooooo hoooo x

Wooo hooo congratulations Kim :)

Nicky xx

Hi!
I just wanted to share what a great day I'm having today! I went clothes shopping with my friend and all the clothes I tried on we're size 18! And they all fitted! My friend is also an 18 and we swapped and changed the clothes about in the changing rooms with each other! It was great fun for me as I've never been able to do that with any friends before. Soo happy now!!!
Have a good Easter!
Xx

Back