• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi from Orpington!!!

SarahAD

Hi all! I've joined this forum as it looks a good place to pick up info and share stories. I've been on waiting list for a bypass for 13 months and finally have a date of Feb 6th!!! Sooo excited!! Also nervous!!! The nurse told me to start the pre-op diet 3 weeks before so I'm having all my favourite stuff this week!! I look forward to chatting with you.

Welcome good luck on ur journey hun look forward to following it ;)

Welcome Sarah, and good luck, where are you having your surgery done?. I am currently on mr el-Hasani's list at the PRU and so far have been waiting 10 months.
Good luck with the pre-op diet
Kim x

Hi Kim
I'm under Mr.El Hassani too! I was having it done at the PRU but now it's at Chelsfield. The waiting list got so long apparently that they moved some over to the private sector to bring it down! So, I don't think you will have to wait too long now either! Where abouts are you?

Hi Kim
I'm under Mr.El Hassani too! I was having it done at the PRU but now it's at Chelsfield. The waiting list got so long apparently that they moved some over to the private sector to bring it down! So, I don't think you will have to wait too long now either! Where abouts are you?

I'm in Welling, so not too far, I went to the support group at the Chelsfield tonight, was very interesting. They meet every 2nd Friday in the month, the next one being 10th Feb, mind you don't thin you will be up for this due to having your op!

Best of luck hun

Kim x

Hiya and welcome, Good luck with ur op xx

Hi Kim

I just re-read your post on the support group at Chelsfield. The nurse said to come along so I will come to the March one! What time does it start please?
Look forward to meeting you there if you go!

Sarah x

It's on from 6-8 hun. I know it's short notice but there is one on tonight that I am going to, as long as there is no more snow!!
Best wishes
Kim x

happy healing hun xxx

Woops just seen you had your op on 6th!! silly me, I don't think you will be up for the group tonight!!

Hope all went well hun, keep me updated on your progress

Best wishes

Kim x

Hi Sarah,

The meetings start at 6pm, as you enter the reception there are normally signs on the wall that have arrows , we meet in the physiotherapy room on the ground floor.

I won't be at the March one but try and go if you can as lots of support there plus Sheila the bariatric nurse is a great source of information pos op.

wendy x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I hope to be there too!

Hello there im new to this site and have found it very useful ... I also live in orpington and would like to go to one of the groups if you have a date for the nxt one I would love to go ...... im under dr hasanni also and was put on the list on 30/3/2011 but told a 2yr wait and nt to phone his assistant but really hope it sooner like everyone else fingers crossed xxx

Hi Shirley!
There is a support group on Friday evening at Chelsfield Park Hospital at 6.30pm. I'm going and I think a couple of others from this forum are too!
Hope to see you there!
Sarah xx

Thanks will definitely try and make it can you just turn up and does it matter that I havnt got a surgery date yet .......just have a few questions and would like to meet ppl going through same thing, as some of my family members have tried to talk me out of it so would like to meet ppl in the same situation thanks for your reply Shirley xxx

Back