• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

newbie susie starting out.... help

woot woot :woohoo: so pleased they've not cancelled!

YIPPIE SUSIE - your surgery is finally here! So very pleased for you. Don't worry, you will be fine and everything will go by in a flash. I still have trouble believing that 3 months have gone by for me. Please let us know after you are done that you are okay. Will be waiting to hear all the details when you feel up to it.

Nichole;)

Good luck susie, hope it all goes well hun:D

cancelled for the fourth time now. this is crazy, was called late last night. but transport came at 530am to fetch me even though that was cancelled. i should have went lol
susie

oh god, how frustrating for you Susie. Is this on the NHS?

omg susie that is just not on! can't believe that they've done this to you again! Can't you kick up a stink and demand to go to a different hospital or something? I understand why they keep doing it but it's not fair on you to go through the emotional preparation for the procedure, and also the pre-op diet stuff all the time.

I think it's butt-kicking time.

:patback: Oh Susie I am so sorry hun.

I agree with Shel Susie. This is absolute madness. You must contact someone immediately, it is starting to sound like punishment!!! You have to complain and make them send you elsewhere so that you can actually have the darn surgery. There is no question you have an immediate need for it so make a stink & like Shel said kick some butt!!!!

Nic

well now they say feb 11th. i was yelling and so was hubby. she said to call thursday and they will ask whose on for the 4th to switch with me. its a nightmare.
susie

Susie if it were me I would contact PALS and make a complaint. It's really not on.

If you need help, PG and I are two of the most excellent butt-kickers in the whole wide world :D

Thats awful susie, have they given you reasons for cancelling? I know that at Walsall M they sometimes have to cancel you, if you are gona need a hdu bed, because of a shortage of them.

the third time they cancelled was a shortage of beds cuz everyone had flu--now they completely lost my file they claim!!
susie

I'm so sorry, this must be really destressing for you, I hope they sort their lives out soon, so you can get on with yours chuck! x

has anyone had the bypass and was on their own and able to take care of themselves without any help???
thanks susie

yep i was susie although my 19 yr old son was at home during the night he was at work during the day. and then 2 weeks after the op he had a seriouse motorcycle accident and i ended up looking afterhim.
I was out and about within days and didnt really struggle with anything.
hope your recovery is as good as mine
hc

Back