• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

newbie susie starting out.... help

Seems you've got it sussed Susie :)

wow - your ticker is looking great already Susie. How are you?

cant keep down tpp much as yet. started soup, need one hour to eat it or it comes up. stomach feels worse when i first wake up (nausea)
soes this stop when im able to eat more? anything help with tha nausea?
susie

Hi Susie,

Are you managing to get fluids down?

You can ask your GP for an anti-emetic to help with the nausea, something like Buccastem would be ideal as it sits by your gums instead of having to be swallowed.

Are you taking any ant-acids yet? Like lonzaprole or zoton fastab? It may be an acid problem.

I would say if it's still going on now then it might be time to contact your surgeon or your GP and ask for some guidance. I didn't have the problems you're having at all.

Huge hugs :hug99:

Shel

susie excellent weight loss, the fastab's are for reducing acid in the stomach i am on one twice a day for the 1st 6 months then one a day for 2 years

yes i am on lonzaprole fast tabs one a day for three months but they cause diarea. i dont like them. do you really think i have to take them??
susie

Yes! Otherwise you run the risk of ulcers forming around the staples and stoma. If those don't suit you you'll have to ask your GP for an alternative, but you need something.

yup as shel said you need them or an alternative so speak to your Dr if there is a problem with them

sickness all stopped then now?

lol take that as a no then :( when are you seeing your surgeon again?

ummm think it was about 2 - 2+1/2 stone by the 6 week check up.

Is that cos of the sickness Susie? Your weight loss is looking fantastic for one month!

Back