• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

newbie susie starting out.... help

sounds like you are doing very wekk ali, bet you felt great after shower and rest. are there any urfes for food after surgery??
susie

not at all hungry yet susie - my sister came back from holiday yesterday and she had asked me to get her some cook books from the library - sat looking through them for at least an hour last night with her and although there was plenty in there that I could eventually fancy, I can honestly say at this stage, I was not even remotely tempted x

wow ali thats great. i constantly have utges for certain foods (chinese) and give in. i hope after my surgery i will no longer have these urges to binge eat.
susie

Hi Ali,
I know what you mean. Eating is such a chore sometimes! Isn't it great to say that? Honestly though, almost 7 weeks post gastric bypass, I'm still not hungry either. Mentally I can fancy everything under the sun, but that's not a big issue because I'm on a mission to lose weight, plus being full after a few mouthfulls soon stops any urge to pig out. You're doing fantastically Ali. Well done!

hi susie, i think that the mental urges are probably still there for a while, but in my experience the tummy says no (but it is very early days for me!!)

well my gp called the hospital and my phychiatric appointment has been pushed up to wednesday. they sent me a 20 page questionaire to fill out for the phychiatrist before i go .
susie

thank you so much Gerry. have you had surgery yet? give me a few tidbits of whats going on with you.
thanks susie

Hi Susie,

I'm around, but on holiday in Blackpool!

Shel

ok shel, enjoyed reading and catching up on your story. please rest and take care. will wait to hear more on your return. congrats on 25 pound wait loss that is super baby!!! god bless susie

well today i had my phyiatric appointment for funding and it went really well . we talked about eating patterns, eating in front of tv ( a big no no) and why i wanted surgery. there is also a help group at the hospital for WLS , all the stages and people headed for the surgery. these meeting are at UCLH. in two weeks i will know or not if and when i will have my surgery yippee!!
thanks all susie

thats great Susie :)

oohhh exciting, not long to wait to find out now Susie, good luck x

Back