• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yvonne23

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I had my gastric band fitted 2 days ago!!! Feeling overwhelmed and emotional........ Any advice would be greatly appreciated xx

LadyLumps

Welcome, Yvonne23 :)

I'm afraid I'm some way behind you in the WLS process but I am sure that some of the lovely people on here will soon be giving you plenty of helpful advice.

Congrats on the band and good luck with the next chapter!

BFB

Hi Yvonne, welcome to the forum. Good luck with it all, exciting times ahead :)

Yvonne23

Hi Kate,

I'm feeling good still tired, I would recommend you give yourself time to recover away from work. I've not had any problems. I was very tearful the first 2 days felt so overwhelmed and frightened if I'm honest but feeling positive and ready now for the start of my new life.

Where are u having your op? I had mine in Birmingham and the whole experience was good. The staff were really caring. Keep in touch Kate we can support each other.

Yvonne xx

I am having mine at transform pines clinic in Manchester...

I have all week off work so fingers crossed I can recover in that time!

How you going on with the liquid diet??

Xxx

Sarah101

Hi Yvonne. I'm new on here. Well done on taking the leap.... I'm looking forward to hearing all about the new you xx

Crystalrainbow

hang in there sweetheart first few weeks are a huge learning curve and an emotional rollercoaster !!! be gentle with yourself and get plenty of rest ..........slow and steady x x x x welcome to a fab friendly site :) congrats too x x x

Yvonne23

The liquid diet is hard as your expected to drink so much which I haven't been able to do!!! I spoke to my bariatric nurse today and she assured me it does get easier.

I have also taken a week of work and so far feeling better everyday. Although i did have a tearful couple of days and I have felt tired.

I am based in Berkshire but work in Buckinghamshire. Thank you for your kind words and support I finally do not feel alone in this massive change in my life xx

Toddshar35

Hi Yvonne you said you had your band in Birmingham where did you have it and who with? I'm having mine fitted in a couple weeks. Good luck and hope all goes well with the rest of your journey x

Yvonne23

I had my gastric band done at the Spire Hospital in Birmingham by Dr Super. Where are u having yours done and who by? I was very anxious leading up to surgery but the staff completely put me at ease. Good luck with your surgery ..... keep in touch we can support each other ?

Yvonne23

Dr Super is so nice and really reassuring. You are in safe hands he totally put me at ease and I was sooooo anxious. 3 days post op and feeling better every day ?

Toddshar35

That's great your feeling better each day. When I met Mr Super back in March he came across as a lovely man. I was really excited about my surgery and couldn't wait for it but now it's getting closer I want it to be further away if that makes sense. I'm guessing I'm just having pre op nerves x

Yvonne23

It makes total sense...... It is pre op nerves even on the morning of surgery I was wishing my op wasn't on day!!! I think it is normal to feel anxious prior to surgery. My husband was with me who is so supportive. Do u have someone coming with u for support? X

Toddshar35

My husband is dropping me off at the hospital then picking me up as he has a phobia of hospitals. I'm only having day surgery and Mr Super said if everything goes ok I should only be in 5-6 hours. Fingers crossed everything will be ok x

Grrrr I work nights I've done 2 this week but off the rest of week as going to Manchester to watch Taylor Swift (13 year old daughter obsessed with her) and I'm laid in bed wide awake playing on my iPhone as I'm bored lol x

los in it

Hello Yvonne 23
well done on making it to the losers bench!