• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lizzie337

Hi Guys
Im Lizzie im new on this site
I have my first appointment for Biariatric surgery at the whittington and im really nervous was just wondering if anyone could shed some light as to what they would do and roughly how long it takes to finalise a date for my surgery? Would really appreciate it thanks

Hi and welcome Lizzie,

The journey for surgery is hugely varied between hospitals as is the timescale and even this can vary hugely from individual to individual at the same hospital so there is no clear answer but hopefully someone at your hospital may be around to offer more insight.
Have you completed tier 3 or is this your first appointment since GP referral?
I'm still pre op but my surgery date is coming up on July 24th. I was referred in November 2016 but had an unexpected pregnancy so a around a year of my journey was on pause.
It can seem like it's a long time to get your date but it's important to make sure you are ready for the surgery mentally as much as physically.
I'd spend some time looking through some diaries to read people's journeys (both pre and post op) although most of the newer and more frequently updated diaries are in the bronze section which requires more than 100 posts to view so get commenting (playing the game posts is a good way to boost your post count quicker).
The site is in a quiet patch ATM but hopefully it'll pick up again soon.

Hi and welcome, I can only echo @Parsnip words, research, research, research and research some more, it may sound crazy but you honestly cannot gather too much information, this site is great for support, tips, advice and even cyber shoulders to cry on, it can be a long wait, mine was 22 months from first appointment to surgery but that time honestly does go by quickly and I found the amount of research I could do in that time invaluable.
Keep in touch x

Back