• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newly bypassed and a new year new start for me

DietingDeb

Hi Guys,

Would just like to introduce myself, my name is Deb and I had bypass surgery right before Xmas and I must say I have found this Xmas to be very different indeed. Firstly my sister-in-law did xmas dinner this year and decided to do soup for start so at least I could feel like I was still part of the family meal yay for her but I did find it strange afterwards when everyone had their main meal and I wasn't hungry . . it was like my brain was telling me yeah tuck in you know you love this food but my stomach was like you have had enough now quit while your ahead if that makes any sense to you people out there. Also same thing happened at night we always have crackers and cheese in the evening over xmas and although I wasn't hungry I still kind of missed them like it was something I was supposed to do as a part of xmas . . . it is all feeling rather bizarre at the moment.

Next thing . . . oh lord my scars are itching like crazy at the moment have any of you experienced this and if you know anything I can put on them to calm it down that would be great.

Other than that I think I am doing really well they were impressed at the hospital at how quick I was up and about (check me out) just a bit fed up I can't go for a walk or anything at the moment as it is like dancing on ice around here at the moment.

Also I have decided to come clean and tell all my friends I am having it done - this is a 2 fold thing. . Firstly I could do with the additional support and the more they know and can help me now the better . . Secondly those who want to make bad comments and typically be arsy can do one now I am determined I will only have the good and supportive people around me now.

Sorry if I have bored you to death but couldn't sleep and feel it is sometimes better to get these thoughts out in the open - looking forward to making many more friends x x x

Hi Debs - and :welcome2::welcome2::welcome2:to the forum. You will find lots of information on here and make lots of new friends. If you have any questions; someone will be along to answer them for you.

Congratulations on your surgery, hope you are feeling ok, and are not having too much discomfort!

I found my incision areas very itchy as well, and I used calamine lotion which did help relieve it. But I guess any sort of cream that you can put on regularly, should do the trick. Its only the area drying out while it heals, it should`nt last too long thankfully.

You were fortunate that your family have been around sorting out food for you all over Christmas. Good thing s/i/l cooked some soup, so you could have some; and the best thing about the early stages is, that it prevents hunger, which is a plus at Christmas.

I like your attitude regarding friends and family, sometimes its best to take the bull by the horns - and if they don`t like it, they can lump it!

Enjoy the rest of Christmas as much as you can, and I wish all the best for the coming year - and look forward to following your weight loss story.:)

Take care hun x

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

morning and welcome to our family, good luck on your journey xx

Morning Debs and :welcome: to the gang! Sounds like you are doing great! Its really strange to not feel the hunger but still feel like you want to eat! Im approx 3 months post-op and it does get easier, I think your head adjusts better to what goes on in your tummy lol....Im also getting used to portion control a bit more. I still put a bigger portion out than I can eat but Im getting there :D You will find that as time goes on your body will tell you more what you can eat and when to stop.........good luck with your journey and if you have any questions just shout :S XX

Welcome on board hun!Maz x

hiya, You have a fantastic attitude to the wls and only just a few days out :) well done you xxxxxx
I look forward to hearing your success xxxxxxxx

Hi Deb and welcome to the forum. Your scars do itch, it's a sign that they're healing. Use anything to moisturize and that will help. I use either Bio oil or Palmer's coco butter skin firming lotion for weight loss.
As to how you're feeling about food; I found I actually grieved food for a while and I think that's quite normal. It does get easier
I look forward to getting to know you and following your journey.
Grace xxx

Welcome Debs
Sounds like you are doing really well. Hope your scars stop iching soon.
All the best
Jo
xx

Hi Deb, welcome to the site. My scars itched like mad. I found that just exposing them to the air helped, the warmer I was, the more they itched. Also Arnica cream, or to be truthful any moisturising cream seemed to help. Avoid having wool over the wound. I found cotton t-shirts under tops helped.

Hi Deb and welcome to the forum!
Where did you have your op?
I had mine on the 8th of this month. The itching is only temporary. My incisions felt very itchy as well. Once the staples are out you'll feel much better. Good luck! I look forward to following you along on your journey x

Welcome Deb!
xXx

Hi Blueeyes,

I had my op at Derby Royal - it was an amazing team right from begining till I was discharged so excited about my new life now yippee !!!

Back