• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS Tummy Tuck Diary (Pics Included)

Hiya - would love to see your pics, please can you add me?

D x

Wowzers, what an amazing result! I was just wondering, have you tried Heal gel? I've just ordered some for a burn on my finger, and it's been developed specifically for post surgical patients by plastic surgeons.

hi every one can anyone tell me how long it would take for the pct to get back to me about the funding for my tt as had the hospital appointment on 9 jan and just so i am not always looking out for the postman just need to know how long or roughley how long it would take . ?:confused:

Wowzers, what an amazing result! I was just wondering, have you tried Heal gel? I've just ordered some for a burn on my finger, and it's been developed specifically for post surgical patients by plastic surgeons.

Thanks hun! Have been using Bio Oil as well as silicone gel sheets. I think Heal Gel contains silicone but applying silicone sheets is apparently meant to be a lot more effective. Can't say at the mo because too soon but the scar does seem to be flattening a lot quicker than my c-section scars did.

hi every one can anyone tell me how long it would take for the pct to get back to me about the funding for my tt as had the hospital appointment on 9 jan and just so i am not always looking out for the postman just need to know how long or roughley how long it would take . ?:confused:

Awwww hun! The anticipation is awful isn't it! :(

I don;t really know how to answer this because although you are going to the same hospital as me, I followed a different procedure to you. Also my GP is in West Norfolk so I don't know if it was West Norfolk or Cambridge PCT that funded it.

I went to my GP in the spring and received a letter from Addenbrookes in the summer asking me to make an appointment with the plastics team. My first consultation was in Autumn and I was told there and then that I could have the op.

Hope you find out soon hun.
x

Thanks hun! Have been using Bio Oil as well as silicone gel sheets. I think Heal Gel contains silicone but applying silicone sheets is apparently meant to be a lot more effective. Can't say at the mo because too soon but the scar does seem to be flattening a lot quicker than my c-section scars did.

That's cool! I work with my hands, so probably couldn't use the sheets, hopefully the gel will arrive soon and my ugly finger will soon be pretty again!

hi poppypoo I have finally made over 50 posts but I can not find your pix :eek:(

Hiya hun. They are in my profile albums.
x

wow what a differance in 4 weeks You are a braver person than me after having an open gastric bypass dont think I ever wanna have surgery again

Im nearly there on my posts now poppy so looking forward to seeing your piccies ;) Hope that everything is going good with you xx

Well this should be post no'50 so had to pop it on your thread poppy. So i should now beable to see your pics - yey! Hope you are doing ok and have a lovely weekend xxxx

Wow is all i can say, what a difference you look, it is fantastic and so could to see the week by week basis of it. I bet you really are over the moon with the way your tummy looks and the scar looks like it is coming along nicely.
Im keeping everything crossed now that the PCT agree for me to have it done. If i am lucky to get the go ahead i will post some first piccies of what i look like now ;) xx

hi poppypoo and everyone one else
Im quite new too, but would love to view your photos, can you add me as a friend? Or allow me to add you as one so i can view your photos.
I have provisional date for tt for 27th feb, and would love to see your photos.
thanks for sharing your story with us. I will do same.
BB
xx

hi poppypoo and everyone one else
Im quite new too, but would love to view your photos, can you add me as a friend? Or allow me to add you as one so i can view your photos.
I have provisional date for tt for 27th feb, and would love to see your photos.
thanks for sharing your story with us. I will do same.
BB
xx

Sorry for the late reply hun. My email updates haven't been coming through. I'll add you now but the site won't allow you to view pics until you've made over 50 posts, so time to get posting! :) Oh and best wishes for Feb 27th. Keep us posted. x

thanks for that, will look forward to viewing your pics when i get my total 50. Im getting really nervous now, got to phone on friday at 2pm to see if bed available (dont know what i will do if not - not wanting to think about that), but if one is, ive to be there for 7pm and op first thing sat morning. So this time next week it should all be over. Fingers crossed.

:p
xx

Hi there , had my letter saying surgery approved by pct now waiting for appointment , not sure how long that will take? In the meantime can i look at your pics? cheersxx

just got letter from my gp and it say's that the suffolk pct would like more info ffrom my gp so i have got to go back and see them so at the min it is not a no and not a yes . so i hope that after they get the info i will get fundding well i hope i get my tt . got an apointment for monday morning so figer's crossed .

Hi - your story has really inspired me to keep going with the weighloss. Would you be able to let me see your pics?

thanks

just got letter from my gp and it say's that the suffolk pct would like more info ffrom my gp so i have got to go back and see them so at the min it is not a no and not a yes . so i hope that after they get the info i will get fundding well i hope i get my tt . got an apointment for monday morning so figer's crossed .

had tha appointment on monday for more info the had to do atest to see weather i was depressed or not and found out that i am depressed and not just alittle quite a bit so i hope that this would help with my case but doc's said it look's like the is a good chance that i will get mine but not going to get my hope's up as i think if i did then i would get more down than what i am . and to all who have had there tt i hope it went well and hope ya get better so and for the one's waitting good luck to ya all . finger's crossed .

Back