• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS Tummy Tuck Diary (Pics Included)

Hi Poppy

I have really enjoyed reading your story from start to finish. I had a c section 8 years ago and also had gestational diabetes which resulted in me being huge. My overhang has prevented me from having sucessful relationships ever since. Finally plucked up the courage to go to my GP today and as hard as it was to bare my soul it was the best thing i ever did. I am being referred to a surgeon at Whiston Hospital as she thinks i have a good case for funding, so fingers crossed. Please can you add me as a friend so i can look at your pics.

Thank you

xxx

I wanted to see your pics too, 50 posts is alot isnt it !!
Dont think i have enough to say lol !

I had a csection a year ago and whilst pregnant put on 4 stone.
My overhang really gets me down , the size of my belly is stupid, its heavy and hurts my back. I have had post natal depression for 11 months now and my main problem is my belly. I dont know what to do.

Sorry girls for the delay in reply and for the lack of photo updates. Have been going through a tremendous amount of change lately - house move, uni exam, kids starting school after 5 yrs of home education :0

Anyway, I'm back on track and since the kids have started school and I have a study break til October, I have a lot of time on my hands for going to the gym and power-walking my high energy dog so my body is really changing.

I put half a stone on with the stress of moving house but have lost it with my old friend, CD. I'm now working on my fitness levels, conditioning and toning. Something I couldn't really do when I had tummy overhang and collapsed upper abdominals as it just kept flopping about and making me feel awful about myself.

The TT has literally turned my life around. I feel great now and hope that this positive news spurs on the rest of you ladies that need this op but have not plucked up the courage yet to pursue it.

I haven't put any new pics up of late, mainly because I've been so busy. I am not going to update them now until I've had my little tidy-up op in late July. The one I mentioned earlier in the thread as I have two sticking out bits at each end of my scar that my PS says he wants to remove under local anaesthetic.

Anyway, hope you're all well and enjoying the sunshine.

I've responded to all add requests since last logging on.

Speak to you all again soon.

Love PP.
xx

Hia PP, been following your thread all the way, can you add me so I can see your pics. Also, flirty girty made upto hear your going to whiston as I liver in knowsley and this gives me hope for when the time comes!!! Im only early days of trying to lose weight and hvae had 1 c sec but have big flabby belly with overhang!! Great inspirations. x

hi there i have now had my tt and i feel great but in pain lol . you were right about addenbrook's they were great the staff there were lovley they talked to you and had a giggle to well worth going throught it all i look slim at the side's bbut i am swollen on me tummy but that is to be expected can't wait to see it once the swelling has gone down but i will be takeing pic's on what it look's like 4 day's post op . all i need to do is fined some big knicker's they say is better that the corset thing they have gave me. hope everyone is ok and doing well.

Hey Shelly,

I got the 'big' knickers on the advice of the PS nurses but ive gone back to wearing my binder (corset).

The knickers made me worse and swell much more because the compression wasn't sufficer enough.

I was 3 weeks post op last thursday and im planning to keep my binder on until week 6.

In terms of buying them i got mine from tesco, matalan and debenhams :D

Welcome to flatlands hun!

I had my consultation with the PS at Whiston hospital last Saturday 21st November and he has agreed that i can have my tummy tuck done on the NHS. He examined me then went through the operation with me and drew a diagram and that was it. I was in that much shock that i forgot to ask him what happens next. Hoping i will get a letter soon to tell me when i am going to have the op. Im so excited, its finally a dream come true and i can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Congratulations I don't think many people manage to get it on the nhs so you have done really well. Hope you don't need to wait too long for it.

Thank you :)

It has been quite a long battle i was refused once by the PCT and it left me that distraught i had to leave it for a while as i think i would have had a break down if i hadnt shut the door on it. However this year i tried again with a new Doctor who was really sympathetic, she wrote a very good letter explaining how i lost alot of weight and maintained etc etc. She managed to secure me an appointment at Chester, after 20 long weeks Chester wrote to me telling me they had refused me based on their PCT criteria so i went back to my docs devasted as i was told i was ensured at least an appointment with a PS. They then got in touch with Whiston hospital on my behalf and got me an appointment with their PS (that is originally where they wanted me to go but he was booked up)
and the rest i have already told you.

I still cant believe he said yes, i was preparing for another battle but after 5 mins of being in the room he agreed. No letter yet, im waiting impatiently, haha

xxx

Back