• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS Tummy Tuck Diary (Pics Included)

got the funding for my tummy tuck just got to let them know that i still want it and then i will be on the waiting list

:D :D :D Ahhh hun that's fantastic news. I'm so happy for you! You must be over-the-moon! Keep us posted and if you need any advice pre and post op you know where I am.
x

:D :D :D Ahhh hun that's fantastic news. I'm so happy for you! You must be over-the-moon! Keep us posted and if you need any advice pre and post op you know where I am.
x
i am over the moon and i will keep all posted of what happen's i have sent a letter back saying that i have finished smokeing since 11 jan and have not had any since . and that i would love to have my tt . and if i need any info i will let you know . thank's for the support of every on .

could i be added to see ur pics this is a op i will need when my weightloss is successfull

good news shelly, keep us posted on your progress xxx

Well I've had a stressful few months and needless to say I've put on enough weight to send me slightly over BMI 25! :(

I've tried being good and increasing exercise but my body just isn;t having it so looks like I'll being saying hello to my good old friend, Cambridge Diet.

Luckily it hasn't affected my flat tummy - it's mostly gone to my bum and hips as it usually does.

I went to see my PS today for another post-op consultation. I'll soon be getting those side bits that jut out nipped off and he recognises that the scar ends on one side, higher up than on the other. He is therefore going to make the other side go a bit higher so that the scar is more symmetrical. I'm having this done under local. He did talk about liposuction too but he said I should try some more dieting and exercise and see how this tidy up operation goes first.

Hope everyone else is ok and look forward to updating you with my progress.

xx

poppy I would love to see you picys. I have a quite significant overhang and I don't think excercise will sort it. Currently doing CD and have loads left to lose. Trying pilates 4 times a week but I think i will need to self fund a TT.

Hey Purplepixie (you're a PP like me :)) Lol!

I've added and you (and the others that have recently asked). Hope you all get some inspiration and hope from my pics and if there's anything else you need to know, give me a shout.

As you probably know, I'm back on CD again. When I reach my goal I'll put some new pics up - my scar has faded a bit more since my last pics (which were taken at 1 month post-op).

My waist measurement has increased since I've gained weight, but it's not made my tum less flat (thank goodness)!

PP
x

please can you add me, my tummy is absolutely disgusting x

please can you add me, my tummy is absolutely disgusting x

Of course, hun. Onto it now. I know exactly how you feel. :( Keep smiling though. :) More and more women are getting the go ahead now. :)

Let that fact give you an incentive to keep going with your weight loss. Ooh and well done on the great loss so far!

PP
xx

Sorry girls! If you read back up a few posts - I gained a stone during a period of stress and some horrible medication that not only sucked the life outta me but increased my desire for high carb/high fat foods. :(

Luckily it hasn't affected the flatness of my tum, but I do feel undomfortable with myself at the moment. I really do want to share some new pics with you guys and so I am using this as another incentive to stick to my diet. And when I feel better about my bod, I'll upload some new pics. Can't wait! :)

As many of you know, I'm a self-confessed serial weigher. I'm on Cambridge Diet again - SS+ this time (Day 4) and already nearly 6 lbs down! Woohoo! So it won't be long before those new pics are up. :D

Stay tuned girls!

Love PP
xx

I have had 4 c sections do u think when my weigh has gone that will count for me ?

Hi Mojo-jojo.

It isn't part of the criteria. It's more to do with drop in BMI and how long it's been maintained for.

However, c-sections do tend to worsen the overhang and so if this is the case for you too, the overall appearance of it that makes you unhappy could go in your favour (if you know what I mean). Also, my old c-section scar used to get sore and inflamed. If this is a problem for you, don't forget to mention it because it gives you more medical grounds.

Good luck with the CD hun! When's your WI? I'm on Day 4 and still starving! I think it's because I don't have much to lose. I'm in ketosis but because I have less fat stores to use up, the hunger is no where near subsiding. Roll on Friday when I jump up to the 810 plan. Can't wait! :)

xx

My PCT have declined to fund my mastopexy. I'm not upset though because I kinda expected it. My GP insists it isn't worth appealing. So I am now trying to figure out what I can do to find a way of affording to go private.

What I find weird is that they are happy to do tummy tucks but not breast lifts. I don't really get it because they are both stretched skin caused by a heavy weight loss and they are both as hard to live with right? I think it might be because there is a sexual stigma attached to the boobs. Or maybe it is because a lot of women's boobs stretch due to childbirth and prolonged breastfeeding. Well, yes, I am sure that has affected mine (2 years of breastfeeding one and 1 year of the other) but losing 6 stones and going from gigantic tits to average sized ones has impacted the problem even more.

Don't get me wrong, I am eternally grateful to the NHS for funding my TT, but I just don't understand the thinking behind the fact that they are more than willing to fund TTs - not many questions asked, but will point blank, not even consider mastopexy.

I am so desperate to sort it out I am seriously thinking about setting up a profile on myfreeimplants.com because I really don't know how else I am ever going to afford it unless I win the lottery! The most annoying part of that is that I probably don't even need implants, just skin removal (uplift/mastopexy). I reckon I could be a B or a C cup with an uplift which I am more than happy with (despite the fact that my natural pre-pregnancy/pre-weight gain cup size was a DD). I don't give a toss in hell about having big tits. I just want normal 34-yr-old ones that don't point so far south they make me look 90 yrs old! :(

I can literally roll em up there is so much loose skin there. They're like huge empty sacks! :(

Anyway, rant over. :) What do others think about it all?

PP
xx

go you!

hi to all just got my pre op appointment today and it is on the 26th may and my op is on the 9th june i really can't wait it is going so fast . but happy i will have a new tummy for when i go on holiday in october good thing i have already changed the holiday date as i was ment to go on the 3rd june lol .i really just can't wait now lol. hope you all are doing well .:D

Back