• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nobody to relate to anymore on this site..just really fed up with abdomen problems

@ Marcus & Suzie. My understanding is that last year all the different designations have been placed under the one umbrella designation of EDS because it was recognised that EDS IS EDS and when you start grading it it does a huge disservice to those who are then classed as "benign". It's the the same with ME - you go on any ME forum and they refuse to use the term CFS. You tell someone you have chronic fatigue syndrome and the typical reply is oh well you just need a nap. The ignorance in the general population (and sadly also with many GPs) on these topics is staggering, and I hold up my hands to being one of them until my daughter started presenting symptoms around puberty.

I also agree that fibromyalgia is just a "dustbin" diagnosis. What I mean by that is when the GPs, physios, consultants etc can't identify exactly what it wrong fibromyalgia becomes a convenient label. The problem with this approach is that for the patient there is no resolution of their problems except for an increasing amount of pain meds while at the same time it is so overused as a diagnosis that many look askance at the sufferer as though they're making it up. My daughter has the benign label but she subluxes on a daily basis - her toes, her fingers but particularly her shoulders. If we go to say a large airport, of an event at the NEC I have to get a wheelchair for her. I'm glad they changed the labelling, I should add she has no weight issues, is under 8 stones at 5'4.
I'll contact you on FB Marcus, many thanks for the offer - have read your diary and been fascinated by your journey.

Hi Chrisa - thank you so much for sharing about the pain you now have. Do you mind if I ask when it first started post op, and do the doctors have any idea what causes it? Have you been told that it is just something you have to live with? Don't feel obliged to answer as I don't want to be intrusive but obviously want to understand what I may be letting myself in for with my bypass.

Hi Isabella my pain started around 6 weeks post op. The docs just say it is bowel colic and when it comes on I take buscopan to help with the cramps. I now get that on prescription and have bouts of pain. The pain can be severe and debilitating. Sometimes can last a few hours sometimes a lot less, I have found no rhyme or reason or specific cause it just occurs. I have thought it is a kink in my bowel it certainly feels like that as though something is trying to push through that just can't make it. Sometimes it presents as wind n I have to lie on my tummy which helps. Hope that explains it clearly for you. xx

So sorry to hear that you have to live with this and for so long. It is certainly sobering to realise that this sort of pain may be a consequence of wls, still it's better to know. Eyes wide open! Thank you for sharing this - in case good wishes and positive thoughts help at all I'm sending you loads x

I have the same thing and I also take buscopan I discussed it with my GP but he just said it must be something I'm eating, but I know it's not because it's to random. Mine can last from a few minuets to. Few hours and I'm doubled up. I had my check up on Tuesday and they couldn't give me an answer.

I have the same thing and I also take buscopan I discussed it with my GP but he just said it must be something I'm eating, but I know it's not because it's to random. Mine can last from a few minuets to. Few hours and I'm doubled up. I had my check up on Tuesday and they couldn't give me an answer.

I haven't had an answer to mine for 3 years mouse...fingers crossed I will soon though

Hi Isabella my pain started around 6 weeks post op. The docs just say it is bowel colic and when it comes on I take buscopan to help with the cramps. I now get that on prescription and have bouts of pain. The pain can be severe and debilitating. Sometimes can last a few hours sometimes a lot less, I have found no rhyme or reason or specific cause it just occurs. I have thought it is a kink in my bowel it certainly feels like that as though something is trying to push through that just can't make it. Sometimes it presents as wind n I have to lie on my tummy which helps. Hope that explains it clearly for you. xx

It definetly does feel like a kink doesn't it Chrisa?..do you find your kinking is brought on by bending or doing strenuous activity or even wearing a tight trouser or belt?

Good luck Emma, thinking of you hon.

Good luck!

Thank you tranquil..
Having little moments of panic now though...my hospital date is getting near x
Good luck, I still think you should ask for a H Pylori test as well just in case.
What date is it? I must have missed it on this or your other thread. X

Hi Emma Louise. I am yet another pre opper who is more than grateful for this thread, alot of great info has come from it and has brought the wls community together. It's sad to know that alot of you are suffering and I hope everything gets sorted out for all of you and that you get the answers/diagnosis/treatments needed to restore your health.
I would like to hear about how long term post op sleevers are getting on too, it seems like it's only the post op bypassers are the only ones that have contributed to this thread. I would love to hear about their experience 4 or 5 years down the line. All the doctors will tell you is that the sleeve is a relatively new procedure (only around 25 yrs) and that they have very little info regarding the long term effects. So it would be greatly appreciated if some long term post op sleevers could also tell us newbies about how they are getting on. It would be interesting to see if these problems are general and common within people that have gone through any wls or whether its subjected to bypassers due to the rearrangement of the digestive system.
Emma Louise I'm sorry you felt that you no longer fitted it but I hope you are now comforted by the fact that us newbies need you long termer! So keep up the good work, hope you and others get well soon and again thank you so much for this thread.

Good luck, I still think you should ask for a H Pylori test as well just in case. What date is it? I must have missed it on this or your other thread. X

It's in a weeks time my investigations...I'm wondering whether I'd need to ask for this test at the hospital or I'd need to ask my GP?

Hi Emma Louise. I am yet another pre opper who is more than grateful for this thread, alot of great info has come from it and has brought the wls community together. It's sad to know that alot of you are suffering and I hope everything gets sorted out for all of you and that you get the answers/diagnosis/treatments needed to restore your health. I would like to hear about how long term post op sleevers are getting on too, it seems like it's only the post op bypassers are the only ones that have contributed to this thread. I would love to hear about their experience 4 or 5 years down the line. All the doctors will tell you is that the sleeve is a relatively new procedure (only around 25 yrs) and that they have very little info regarding the long term effects. So it would be greatly appreciated if some long term post op sleevers could also tell us newbies about how they are getting on. It would be interesting to see if these problems are general and common within people that have gone through any wls or whether its subjected to bypassers due to the rearrangement of the digestive system. Emma Louise I'm sorry you felt that you no longer fitted it but I hope you are now comforted by the fact that us newbies need you long termer! So keep up the good work, hope you and others get well soon and again thank you so much for this thread.

I'm glad this thread has been of some help to people...even though i seem to be all doom and gloom these days.
That's why I don't post much these days as I'm getting on my own nerves!

It's in a weeks time my investigations...I'm wondering whether I'd need to ask for this test at the hospital or I'd need to ask my GP?

It was my GP who did mine, its a simple blood test.

Emma Louise I am so glad you do keep posting I do look for your posts and you have been a great support to me. Being able to share with someone who understands is a great source of encouragement to carry on even when its rough. Coping with this type of pain is no picnic. xxx

I'm glad this thread has been of some help to people...even though i seem to be all doom and gloom these days. That's why I don't post much these days as I'm getting on my own nerves!

Lol. I get on my own nerves all the time. I get sick of my own voice thought etc and wonder how hubby puts up with me ....good luck xx

Back