• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2013 Surgeries

Poor you xx

Due on tomorrow and with all that's going on, today's the first day since op I've wanted to binge eat (in my head)! I had visions of pizza, Big Mac, Chinese, curry, KFC! My head was full of images of it! Luckily for me, it made my tummy start to feel sick! Food had always been my go to in a crisis and now I can't have it I feel kind of lost! Thinking of starting kickboxing or something to release my feelings!!
Kick boxing is amazing for fun and fitness. I shall be going back to my hubby's class in a month or two. I say go for it Nicola x

Jesus. Gastroenteritis + dumping is some scary stuff! Not recommended, I'm so weak and can barely move. Hubby wants to drag me back to a&e - he says I look pale with yellow eyes. :/ Ffs!

My whole household have caught this dreaded D & V bug that's doing the rounds. I've been scrubbing and laundering 3 peoples vom for the last 3 days. This eve I'm starting to feel icky too. Oh no :-(

We are such a bunch of sickos Nicola !

Ew you lot! Nicola, go to A&E. You'll only end up going out of hours over tge weekend. Dont wait hun, whatever it is could only get worse!

Just wanted to ask you guys a question.. How long before you started taking medication in tablet form? My anti depressants liquid form is making me what to throw up it's so disgusting... But I'm scared the capsules will get stuck and I'll throw up... :(

Kirsty

Just wanted to ask you guys a question.. How long before you started taking medication in tablet form? My anti depressants liquid form is making me what to throw up it's so disgusting... But I'm scared the capsules will get stuck and I'll throw up... :(

Kirsty

Hun,
I was basically sleeved & bypassed at same time due to previous surgery.
I was give tablet medication 2 days post op by Consultant 1000mg paracetamol - swallowed no problem. Capsule shaped x

Hun, I was basically sleeved & bypassed at same time due to previous surgery. I was give tablet medication 2 days post op by Consultant 1000mg paracetamol - swallowed no problem. Capsule shaped x

I feel stupid but I'm just worried... I'll try in the next few days, see how I get on xx

Kirsty

I feel stupid but I'm just worried... I'll try in the next few days, see how I get on xx

Kirsty

I promise I wouldn't tell you fibs about something your obv worried about chick, you will be fine & you'll feel far more comfortable with your meds & no after taste, or stress of build up knowing you have got to swallow the liquid.
X

I still can't manage big pills. The thought makes me want to gag!
I take chewy multi mins & multi vits. Vit D, Folic Acid & a skin, hair & nails - horse pill! I take that with a hot drink.

Its not silly. Have you tried taking it with fruit tea? Or even mixing it in?

I'd try not to crush and mix your tablets as it changes the way it is absorbed...cutting pills is fine, but try to take them with cold water. X

Back to the constipation this week! Also dumped hard on tinned tomatoes. God, I hate it! Having a bit of a emotional regret week this week. I know I've done the right thing but sometimes it doesn't feel like it! :/

Poor you, I've not dumped yet but I have avoided anything sugary/fatty but you seem so sensitive to lots of things :(

Yes natural sugar as well as refined. The tomatoes were 3.2g/100g I've eaten them before and been ok. Temperamental little pouch!! Lol

I promise I wouldn't tell you fibs about something your obv worried about chick, you will be fine & you'll feel far more comfortable with your meds & no after taste, or stress of build up knowing you have got to swallow the liquid. X
I still can't manage big pills. The thought makes me want to gag! I take chewy multi mins & multi vits. Vit D, Folic Acid & a skin, hair & nails - horse pill! I take that with a hot drink. Its not silly. Have you tried taking it with fruit tea? Or even mixing it in?
I'd try not to crush and mix your tablets as it changes the way it is absorbed...cutting pills is fine, but try to take them with cold water. X

My tablets are capsules and the pharmacist said DO NOT open them and take them because the outter capsule is there to protect the stomach lining and I obv don't want to damage that!! I'm putting up with them at the mo.. Thanks though ladies xxx

Kirsty

Hi guys, I had my op 28.11.13, and weight loss seems very slow, does anyone else find this, I keep questioning myself am I doing it right?

Back