• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2013 Surgeries

Hi all.....great to read this thread after 5-6 weeks under the radar, FAB losses!! Can't believe we will be approaching the 6 month mark soon, seems to have gone so quick (although there have been some seriously loooong days and weeks)!

I've realised lately that I'm still addicted to food......the thought of dumplings, Yorkshire pudding, pie has me curling my toes! Not that I've tried any of it yet. I ate a large Easter Egg over the course of 2 days and loved every minute of it......weirdly I lost 4lbs during this time. I can only assume it pushed my calorie intake up and kick started a loss....but I'm not about to start doing it regularly.

Otherwise, weightloss is steady, 2-3lbs per week and I'm getting more exercise in....always a chore for me no matter my size.

How's everyone else feeling about the 6 month milestone??

X

Well done Nicola! Thats fantastic :) 12-14 is just a dream for me atm. Getting into clothes with '1' in front is my aim. Ive lost 5st 10lbs since the start of my pre op diet at the end of october. Im proud of that :) Looong way to go yet though!

5st10 is loads! How are you feeling? Xx

Im feeling quite good about the loss. Just wish i could see a difference! Im not really eating all that much, dont feel real hunger anymore. And when I do, a bite usually satisfies me!

Breakfast is a struggle. Half a small breakfast bar and a cuppa is my limit. Lunch im having a dairy lea dunker and piece of fruit. Try to fit a pint a milk in before dinner and then usually chicken & salad/veg. Avoiding carbs or having minimal like 1 boiled potato or a dessert spoon of cous cous. Im probably not eating enough but I hate the groggy feeling I get just after lol

Im guilty on the exercise front :( Dont go out of my way to do "proper" exercise just playing with my son (running around the garden) and im on my feet all day.

Id love to reach 6st loss by the end of april. Averaging a stone a month. 4 lbs and counting!!

Has anyone noticed a pattern with rates of loss and menstrual cycle??

Bring on the 6 month mark, I can't comment on monthlies as I was really lucky and had the menopause in my 30's I'm with Flick I have no hunger and often forget to eat if I'm busy if I do eat its a finger of cheese and a few baby plum toms, soon we will be saying its the year mark :)

I was bleeding daily pre-op. I had one normal cycle in the first month pre-op and haven't had anything since. I think I had PCOS. I didn't realise until recently that RNY reverses PCOS totally due to bypassing hormones/chemical process in the large intestines....can't remember what it's called!!

I was bleeding daily pre-op. I had one normal cycle in the first month pre-op and haven't had anything since. I think I had PCOS. I didn't realise until recently that RNY reverses PCOS totally due to bypassing hormones/chemical process in the large intestines....can't remember what it's called!!

Omg, I hope this is true! I had a normal cycle (albeit long) once upon a time. I have PCOS which screwed them up completely. Since the op they have varied between 34-46 days. I want them to return to normal! I say that now :p

In some areas PCOS is listed as criteria for Bariatric surgery due to it being so effective. Do a bit of research Hun, it should reverse all your PCOS symptoms but it doesn't reverse hurtuism so bad luck if you have a beard!! :)

My 5 month pic comparison.....can't believe how big I was!!!

Nearly 9 stone down....and still such a long way to go!!

Attachments

• image-3898702264.jpg
    image-3898702264.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 47
My 5 month pic comparison.....can't believe how big I was!!!

Nearly 9 stone down....and still such a long way to go!!

However long it is to go you will get there, already looking sassy xx

looking fab already

Hi Audrasharon and Flickalicious

Great to see you back.

Hi Audrasharon and Flickalicious Great to see you back.[/QUOTE

Hi how's life treating you? Are you happy you had it done? And had your nausea settled? Life had been good for me. Steadily loading and feeling great still got a way to go but I feel confident that if I relax and do what I know I should do it will happen ( which is a nee feeling for me)

You look great ceecie! You've done amazingly!

My periods have got longer and worse since the weight loss! I think my body is seriously confused!

Plateaued again this week. Annoying!! Xx

Ahh thanks Hun :)

Such a shame your periods are misbehaving.....your hormones must be all over the place!

These things are sent to try us Nic.....you are doing so well. Hopefully your body will stop being stubborn and behave soon!!

X

I'm 11 weeks out from bypass and my periods are playing up, didn't know if it was all coincidence if it was down to op but I've had my period now for 4 weeks, I also got a period when I had op which also lasted around 4 weeks. They are so so heavy it's unbelievable. I'm getting an IUS coil fitted in 3 weeks to see if this will help. Don't want to end up anaemic xx

Back