• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Hi all, surgery went well and I am now officially bypassed and on the losers bench :wee:

Went down at about 11am and I as back on the ward by about 13:45. Had quite a bit of gas pain for the first couple of hours but that has pretty much gone for now and I am managing to walk about and drink water with no issues. Now looking forward to the cup of tea I have been promised tomorrow morning lol
Well done Andy. Sounds like you are doing really well :)

I asked if there was a Facebook group to follow a few days ago and I got moaned at from a dizzy height. Why could I not just get this answer?
Thanx for the above logo, I shall have a look see
X
Only 31 people have liked that page - it's rarely updated if at all ( the last time was July) and there are far more active people on this forum than on the WLS page on Facebook. It's against the rules to ask for Facebook groups Heidi which is why something was said to you (you aren't the first person, I was also informed of the rules when I asked the same question). Reading posts on here do come across differently to various people with the way they are written. I think you'd benefit more from this forum personally. I know that I did at the start of my journey :) x

Has anyone else's calorie intake dropped since starting purée? So far today I've only had approx 320 cals.
6 teaspoon porridge for breakfast
Petits filous mid morning snack
Beef and veg soup (200ml) for lunch
Tea - purée beef stroganoff - about 100mls worth.
Protein so far only about 25g.
What am I doing wrong??
I'm going to have a protein shake for supper so that will take protein to 47g

Has anyone else's calorie intake dropped since starting purée? So far today I've only had approx 320 cals.
6 teaspoon porridge for breakfast
Petits filous mid morning snack
Beef and veg soup (200ml) for lunch
Tea - purée beef stroganoff - about 100mls worth.
Protein so far only about 25g.
What am I doing wrong??
I'm going to have a protein shake for supper so that will take protein to 47g
Don't panic you aren't doing anything wrong :) your restriction is affecting you more mainly due to the fact you've been on liquids too. It gets easier - it takes time to get where you need to be :)

@starryeyed so do you think it's ok? I guess the cals/protein are bound to go down at purée stage as I'm only managing a few spoons each time. Not sure I can survive 2 weeks on such a low amount though so maybe a protein shake would be a good idea.
So far the purée I've had has been fine, quite tasty actuallly. Just didn't want to not be having enough really.

I asked if there was a Facebook group to follow a few days ago and I got moaned at from a dizzy height. Why could I not just get this answer?
Thanx for the above logo, I shall have a look see
X

Pierce posted the link to a page on Facebook where you can like this forum or as was being suggested, members could use the page to let Pierce know if the site had gone down. It isn't a support group page.

No one moaned at you, from a dizzy height or otherwise. I just found it rather odd that you were asking for closed Facebook groups that do exactly what we do but also, and more importantly, pointing out that doing so is against the forum rules.

You said:

Does anyone know of a uk based support group on Facebook? A closed group of course

To which I replied:

Hmmm, wondering why you mention such a group? for the record, we don't encourage or otherwise our members to join Facebook groups that do exactly what we do.....

What followed was three further posts from you which upset some of the people who post on this thread. These posts and those related to them were removed in an attempt to allow the thread to return to its purpose, to support members having surgery this month. Can I ask that you respect that please and stop hijacking the thread with posts such as this.

@starryeyed so do you think it's ok? I guess the cals/protein are bound to go down at purée stage as I'm only managing a few spoons each time. Not sure I can survive 2 weeks on such a low amount though so maybe a protein shake would be a good idea.
So far the purée I've had has been fine, quite tasty actuallly. Just didn't want to not be having enough really.
It all sounds fine to me, nothing really different to my experience. You will feel tired as you are not long post-op and your body is still getting rid of the anaesthetic and you may need to rest more. I interspersed puree with shakes to start with to make sure I got a good amount of protein in.

Thank you @SAM55 - that's what I'll do tomorrow. It's so easy to forget my op was only 16 days ago as throughout the day I feel great really....then like tonight wham the exhaustion hits! Not that I can sleep though!

Absolutely nothing wrong with protein shakes mixed in it's just reintroducing textures :D all part of the fun for post op ;) hope today is better for you. You're only 16 days post op so make sure you are getting enough rest too and don't over do it throughout the day :) x

Last edited:
Thanks @starryeyed - I'm wfh today so staying in pj's and chilling out. Protein shake for mid morning snack will help too. I think I just wanted to cut them out as I think they're too sweet with what seems a lot of sugar but re read the sugar info and it's all ok.

Pierce posted the link to a page on Facebook where you can like this forum or as was being suggested, members could use the page to let Pierce know if the site had gone down. It isn't a support group page.

No one moaned at you, from a dizzy height or otherwise. I just found it rather odd that you were asking for closed Facebook groups that do exactly what we do but also, and more importantly, pointing out that doing so is against the forum rules.

You said:

Does anyone know of a uk based support group on Facebook? A closed group of course

To which I replied:

Hmmm, wondering why you mention such a group? for the record, we don't encourage or otherwise our members to join Facebook groups that do exactly what we do.....

What followed was three further posts from you which upset some of the people who post on this thread. These posts and those related to them were removed in an attempt to allow the thread to return to its purpose, to support members having surgery this month. Can I ask that you respect that please and stop hijacking the thread with posts such as this.

Oh pls enlighten me as to what I said to upset people? This is ridiculous and I find your responses so over the top and confrontational.

Oh mazzagate has started up again! Can we just move on from this..hey I've had fall outs on here with folk over the past few years but you put it to bed.
I think Mazza was concerned about the genuineness of your posts perhaps as sometimes people do come on here to troll, take the pee out of folk, or advertise things and sell..there a vulnerable people on here, desperate for that miracle weight loss cure and they will try anything..as many of us know! (Including orlastat that makes you crap orange slim in your own pants on a bad day!!) so please let this go now. Mazza is just looking out for forum members..sorry if you have been offended and are looking for genuine advice, this is a good site, it's helped me with my bizarre journey!!

Right peeps let's just leave it there. Move on and make this thread positive again.

Morning!

Have had my stitches out this morning, feels so much better!

Does anyone else forget to eat or is it just me? I forgot about breakfast this morning and have gone straight for lunch now, haven't been having snacks either as I've always eaten when I feel hungry but now I don't feel hungry I don't have that reminder, anyone have any tips to get round it? I guess I'm also worrying about having too much and doing damage.

Morning!

Does anyone else forget to eat or is it just me? I forgot about breakfast this morning and have gone straight for lunch now, haven't been having snacks either as I've always eaten when I feel hungry but now I don't feel hungry I don't have that reminder, anyone have any tips to get round it? I guess I'm also worrying about having too much and doing damage.
I had to set alarms to remind myself and get into a routine :)

Morning!

Its a big relief getting the stiches out hey? I actually had staples and they had started to feel uncomfortable.

I do still get hungry so dont have that issue, I suppose you could plan yourself set meal times to make sure you do actually eat? x

Hi @Chill - hooray for no stitches now. How do the incisions look?

I'm trying to eat via a bit of a timetable really but it's easier said than done in reality.
So far on purée I'm having around 6teaspoins of porridge - I'm having the golden oats one so give a bit of flavour. Visually it's a real challenge for me and if it looks yuk (in my head) I've always struggled. But the counselling I've had is helping and I keep revisiting what I've learnt....anyway....
I've then been having a mid morning petits filous yogurt. I can manage almost all the pot. Lunch I'm either having soup or one of my purée pots. So far I've tried shepherds pie, spag bol, and some chicken n mushroom in black bean. I'm having around 100ml puréed and I feel fit to burst afterwards!
In the evening I'll have soup or purée depending on lunch choice.
I'm going to add a protein shake in from today either mid morning or mid afternoon and switch with the yogurt as my cal and protein intake dropped significantly on Saturday and Sunday once starting purée.
It really is a learning journey. I read my dietician booklet everyday and have had lots of wonderful advice on here which I'm very grateful for.
What have you been having?

Back