• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Soft diet today, does it sound daft to say im scared to go back on normal foods? Ive obviously got everything intention of making the most of the opportunity ive been given but Im scared as I move onto more normal diet, old habits may creep back, just venting really x

I'm a bit worried too as it's trying to make sure I have protein before anything else where I've always been one to have everything together.

I'm looking forward to not having to blitz everything though as that is a bit of a pain and time consuming so the last couple of nights I've just had soup for tea because it's easier!

I'm a bit worried too as it's trying to make sure I have protein before anything else where I've always been one to have everything together.

I'm looking forward to not having to blitz everything though as that is a bit of a pain and time consuming so the last couple of nights I've just had soup for tea because it's easier!

Me too. Especially as I had a really bad day with stomach pain yesterday. Out of the blue but I think it was something I ate that didn't agree with me. Makes the prospect of soft foods/new foods a bit scary.

Soft diet today, does it sound daft to say im scared to go back on normal foods? Ive obviously got everything intention of making the most of the opportunity ive been given but Im scared as I move onto more normal diet, old habits may creep back, just venting really x
Not daft @JakkiD , it is something a lot of us, including me have had that thought at some time, but we have found our tastes have changed. We don't fancy what it was we fancied before. After all those shakes all I wanted was savoury food! If I have had a craving for something i shouldn't have then I have usually found when I have thought about it that is was head hunger, or just simply tired and I need sleep instead...

We are here for you to keep you in check :) ;):D:p

I'm finding I can eat a little more today - I've had 10 teaspoons of my tea - puréed beans and chicken. I stop when I start burping or can feel the food sat high but not uncomfortable. It's really strange listening to my stomach / body as before I'd have just kept shovelling food in!

One more injection to go
Eating soft real food
Going to the gym
Loosing Weight
Feeling great
Hi Jeff well done on your weight loss and to our November family. I was told I have to wait 6-8 weeks before I can go to the gym. I have had a few issues since surgery but feeling a lot better 3 weeks post op. The only advantage to being very anaemic and low HB levels is no clexine injections :) . Well done for sticking with it. Just one question how are you all getting on with your vitamin and calcium etc, is there any improvement? Like many I found and still find it difficult to swallow them and it takes me a whole day to get through those calcium solubles

@jeff20stone your posts are great! Good on you! I too was told 6 weeks for gym and swimming after wounds healed - final scan just fell off today!
How much weight have you lost post op now?
I'm struggling to shake the feelings of disappointment at my slow weight loss post op when I'm doing everything I need to (perhaps I'm a little lacking in fluid some days but hit 1500ml).

@paulam ive stopped the forceval I just couldn't cope with the sickness and feeling dizzy. Taking chewable multi vitamins for now and calcium chewable until I can take tablets at 6 weeks.

Hi Jeff well done on your weight loss and to our November family. I was told I have to wait 6-8 weeks before I can go to the gym. I have had a few issues since surgery but feeling a lot better 3 weeks post op. The only advantage to being very anaemic and low HB levels is no clexine injections :) . Well done for sticking with it. Just one question how are you all getting on with your vitamin and calcium etc, is there any improvement? Like many I found and still find it difficult to swallow them and it takes me a whole day to get through those calcium solubles
I must be so lucky I have not had any problems at all ...I take Adcal-D3 chewable
If I am not very patient with my eating I get a pain well below my ribs which passes one minuet after I stop ..
I still have one wound which is not 100% healed.
My body functions have changed for the better ... never have to get up for a pee in the night even though I drink over 3ltr of fluid
Unfortunately the lady who had her operation before me is very unwell and will have to have investigations to what is wrong which is a bit of a downer for me in my joyous times
Last injection coming up and it is the only one I will enjoy
Enjoying life in my new body
Wishing all the November s loosers all the best

@jeff20stone your posts are great! Good on you! I too was told 6 weeks for gym and swimming after wounds healed - final scan just fell off today!
How much weight have you lost post op now?
I'm struggling to shake the feelings of disappointment at my slow weight loss post op when I'm doing everything I need to (perhaps I'm a little lacking in fluid some days but hit 1500ml).

@paulam ive stopped the forceval I just couldn't cope with the sickness and feeling dizzy. Taking chewable multi vitamins for now and calcium chewable until I can take tablets at 6 weeks.
My weight has not changed for 4 days but my shape has From being discharged I have lost 2.5 stone when it first fell of I had the feeling of floating very strange
Soon be in my mankini !!! but not at the public baths

My weight has not changed for 4 days but my shape has From being discharged I have lost 2.5 stone when it first fell of I had the feeling of floating very strange
Soon be in my mankini !!! but not at the public baths
@jeff20stone most people I have read there posts and they stop losing on the scales the inches fall off bit like the body needing time to catch up. After all it is the physical that is the best as everyone one can see it, well done!

@maggy and anyone else who can help. I have discovered it is milk proteins I am allergic too so can't have anything lactose free either. The dietician suggest hummus to me and I thought of peanut butter. Do anyone have anything snacky that is high protein besides meat/ fish (I am allergic to eggs too). Ohh and baked beans also.

@maggy and anyone else who can help. I have discovered it is milk proteins I am allergic too so can't have anything lactose free either. The dietician suggest hummus to me and I thought of peanut butter. Do anyone have anything snacky that is high protein besides meat/ fish (I am allergic to eggs too). Ohh and baked beans also.
weetabix do a high protein one which I like

They do a drink @Want2b3 but they also do a version of the breakfast biscuits with high protein too.

@jeff20stone thsts ace!!!
I went to a gig last night - first one where I didn't sink 10 ciders and I still had a ball!!

Anyone on soft foods / how's it going??

Back