• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Nice one @AndyMc1978 - you do look loads younger!
@Want2b3 - size 12 is my goal!! I'd love to be there by my holiday to Florida in August.

@MrsN I can see you smashing that goal way before tbh! I would possibly feel too skinny being a 12 especially as starting out a 28 when I started. A 16 feels just AMAZING size to be at the moment last month it was 18 but now I hit that the goalposts I have moved...one size at a time lalala

Hi everyone, sorry ive been awol, been back at work and really busy, hope all is well, random question and im aware its winter in manchester but is anyone else always cold, I know i have 5 stone less to keep me padded but i still have plenty in reserve but can never seem to get warm these days, especially my hands and feet x

Hi everyone, sorry ive been awol, been back at work and really busy, hope all is well, random question and im aware its winter in manchester but is anyone else always cold, I know i have 5 stone less to keep me padded but i still have plenty in reserve but can never seem to get warm these days, especially my hands and feet x
From day one I have been cold as if my body is using the energy elsewhere
Now it is me that turns up the heating

I had to buy leather gloves...never wore gloves before and wear my dressing gown with thermal and fluffy PJs 2 quilts and a blanketo_O freezing all the time it's a good sign though @JakkiD your in fat burning zone;)

I feel cold lots too. I never used to wear a coat but rarely leave the house without one!
I feel like I've not eaten very well since coming back from holiday, but today I've cooked a batch of chilli and hoping to get better. I'm not eating the quantity I was but I'm wanting things like crackers at the moment.

Yep I'm always freezing @JakkiD. I was at United on Saturday and I thought my toes were going to fall off!!

Morning November family. It has gone so quiet on here. So I am just giving an update. I am 2lbs away from losing four stones :) and will weigh myself at the end of the month. I went to my first water workout since I have had surgery and over year since I did any water workout. Anyway OMG was it intense or what! Came out the pool with wobbly legs and palpitations started but after a while they simmered down. It was hard but you know what I LOVED IT:D. In fact I loved it so much that I am going back for another dose tomorrow :character00116::banana_dancer:

Morning November family. It has gone so quiet on here. So I am just giving an update. I am 2lbs away from losing four stones :) and will weigh myself at the end of the month. I went to my first water workout since I have had surgery and over year since I did any water workout. Anyway OMG was it intense or what! Came out the pool with wobbly legs and palpitations started but after a while they simmered down. It was hard but you know what I LOVED IT:D. In fact I loved it so much that I am going back for another dose tomorrow :character00116::banana_dancer:
well done keep it up

Yay well done @jeff20stone. You are doing a brilliant job :woohoo: I am trying to get as much exercise as I can without too much pressure on my foot. So still walking and now water workouts and going back to gym next week. Went to doctors today and she has referred me to foot clinic. (cant wait for this pain to go away so I can do more!)

Well done guys! I love exercise - seriously ant believe I'm saying that!! Going for a run tonight.
My weight loss is slow (I think) but my shape is changing and I've done from a size 24 to 16.

Well done everyone.

I've made a decision not to weigh myself at home anymore as my scales don't seem to have moved. People are telling me how good I am looking and my clothes are feeling too big!

Since my holiday I am worried though that my head has gone and I'm eating the wrong things but I'm not eating the quantity that I was. plus I need to start swimming again so someone kick me up the bum please!

@Chill heres a massive kick up the bum. Get the cozzie on and head to the pool.

Yes, have felt cold ever since op. I now have bedsocks, electric blanket, wear a vest, long sleeve top and have the heating on during the night. I used to sleep with the window open all year, and still be too hot! As well as less padding i think it is also less carbs and calories.

Lots of people have commented about being cold WLS, so guess it is something we have to learn to live with. If it means I don't suffer with the heat (if and when we have a summer, and I am further north than you) then that is a bonus. :)

Yes, have felt cold ever since op. I now have bedsocks, electric blanket, wear a vest, long sleeve top and have the heating on during the night. I used to sleep with the window open all year, and still be too hot! As well as less padding i think it is also less carbs and calories.

Lots of people have commented about being cold WLS, so guess it is something we have to learn to live with. If it means I don't suffer with the heat (if and when we have a summer, and I am further north than you) then that is a bonus. :)
so true ... I have special windows in my bedroom so it was like camping ... they are always closed now

Hi all,

Been back in the pool 2 nights in a row! I'm also going to be playing my 1st hockey match in 3 or 4 years on Sunday so that could be interesting!

I saw my Mother and sister in law on Sunday and they both said I now looked about the same size as when I got married so last night I got my wedding dress out and tried it on and it fitted apart from the bust being a bit big (I was 4 months pregnant at the time!) I was quite shocked and pleased as I can't really remember what size I was 16 years ago!

How's everyone else getting on?

Back