• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Yes @MrsN constant sipping, its a full time job, im gonna try weekly weigh ins but i cant lie i did hop on the scales this morning, well stepped lightly, but felt like hopping off when I was 7 pounds lighter than tuesday, top that with 4 hours uninterrupted sleep and (sorry for the overshare) bowel movement, it feels like christmas come early today :0icanfly:

Well done you!!! That's fantastic!
Yeah I'm sipping away. I've made a NAS black currant 500mls and added 2 tbs of marvel so it's like a watery milkshake. I was not not to worry about protein in the first 2 weeks but think it's wise to add some. What are you doing?
@Chill I lost 12lb on the LRD but see Friday (op day) as day one so I'll weigh in next Friday.
The one thing I'm really worried about is bowel movements. I do suffer with constipation quite frequently so really need to keep on top of that.

Im constantly sipping on NAS juice, Ive also been having ready made protein shakes called USN, similar to slimfast but nicer, less sweet and more protein, they are a little thick on their own so i add extra skimmed, one 330ml bottle lasts me at least a day lol! Also found NAS crusha milkshake very nice.

Im constantly sipping on NAS juice, Ive also been having ready made protein shakes called USN, similar to slimfast but nicer, less sweet and more protein, they are a little thick on their own so i add extra skimmed, one 330ml bottle lasts me at least a day lol! Also found NAS crusha milkshake very nice.

Ah good I've those shakes too.
I was planning on splitting one into 3 today and having juice around it.
I've no sense yet of my sleeve or what I can manage.

Crusha was a big help for me on the milk diet, just adds a bit of variation to it. Although I like milk, and didn't have any issues on the diet like a lot of people do. You just need to find what fits you best.

So who's up this week?

I'm on Thursday and anxious as all hell. About everything - will I get all my work done before Thursday? will the house be clean before Thursday (I don't intend to do any housework for some time!!)? have I done enough shopping? the right sort of shopping? is all the laundry done?

And then there's the surgery itself. Will it work? This time? Will they be able to do the bypass - are my adhesions too bad? Have I done enough on the LRD? Etc etc etc.

I've not been great on the LRD as I've been travelling for work and it's almost impossible to get the right food. Even though half my suitcase was filled with cans of salmon and tuna, pots of marvel and instant porridge and NAS squash - who knew you could get super concentrated NAS squash! Perfect for travelling. My goal was to have three meals and three snacks all in under 800 Cals. I swerved between 800 and 1200, mostly 800 - 1000. Amazing for me but not good enough. For the last four days (oh god, is it only 4 days!!!!) I'm doing very very low carbohydrate. Trying for less than 20g carbs. But also low fat. So no Atkins style butter and cream pig outs ;0) so far have had a two egg omelette with tuna (in spring water) and a teaspoon of grated Parmesan. Still hungry

So who's up this week?

I'm on Thursday and anxious as all hell. About everything - will I get all my work done before Thursday? will the house be clean before Thursday (I don't intend to do any housework for some time!!)? have I done enough shopping? the right sort of shopping? is all the laundry done?

And then there's the surgery itself. Will it work? This time? Will they be able to do the bypass - are my adhesions too bad? Have I done enough on the LRD? Etc etc etc.

I've not been great on the LRD as I've been travelling for work and it's almost impossible to get the right food. Even though half my suitcase was filled with cans of salmon and tuna, pots of marvel and instant porridge and NAS squash - who knew you could get super concentrated NAS squash! Perfect for travelling. My goal was to have three meals and three snacks all in under 800 Cals. I swerved between 800 and 1200, mostly 800 - 1000. Amazing for me but not good enough. For the last four days (oh god, is it only 4 days!!!!) I'm doing very very low carbohydrate. Trying for less than 20g carbs. But also low fat. So no Atkins style butter and cream pig outs ;0) so far have had a two egg omelette with tuna (in spring water) and a teaspoon of grated Parmesan. Still hungry

Hi Maggy, I'm in for my band on Tuesday have to be there at 6.30 feeling nervous now and feeling a bit sick on the milk diet these last few days but not long to go.

@maggy I'm on thursday too! I struggle with my housework as it is with working full time and running the husband and kids around so not sure how caught up I'll get!

I'm worried about the LRD too as I'll be on it half the time people usually are given I feel quite lucky on the one I've been given as I've had a chicken salad at 2 different restaurants and it's part of the diet so other than watching people eat starters and desserts i didn't feel too left out. I can send you the one I have if you think it might help?

@Nixon i didn't realise you could use crusha or I'd have opted for that one!

I've been told to get some soluble vitamins and minerals but not sure which ones to get

So who's up this week?

Hi maggy my surgery is on Tuesday. I think we all have the same concerns regarding pre op diet, I really thought that i'd of lost more weight during the last two weeks but I can just hope that it's done enough to shrink my liver. I really hope you get a good result this time. @Damienw1, @Chill Good luck with your ops , see you on the losers bench!

My surgeon said my liver was lovely.....one of the best he's seen. And said it made the operation so much easier. So stick with it guys it's worth it.

Crusha was a big help for me on the milk diet, just adds a bit of variation to it. Although I like milk, and didn't have any issues on the diet like a lot of people do. You just need to find what fits you best.
I used to it too. Preferred the vanilla but also had strawberry. Also used a drop to add to porridge post-op at stage 2 to make it taste less bland. I found the only way I could cope with food restrictions was to add different flavours so my taste buds didn't get bored :)

Think I've done too much today. Note to self take it easy!

Can anyone describe what their sleeve feels like? I know that sounds weird but I don't feel like anything really.
Yep I'm tired this evening from doing too much but I'm drinking ok (had about 800mls so far). When I sip I can hear a gurgling sound but that's it. I'm guessing if I were to put food in there (which I'm not going to) I'd feel full? Just read a comment on my dietician stuff saying be careful not to drink too much - how will I know?

What started out with 3 November Newbies this thread hasn't half grown!

Just want to wish all you lovely November Newbies all the best this week
@maggy @Dollydot @Chill @paulam @Rose2016
Are you all ready, bags packed? Everything sorted at home and post op foods ready?
Just to reassure you I did most of it day before! Not a great idea but I had so much to do organising home/family/getting their food lol! I found the time flew!
If their is anyone else I missed can you let us know who you are?

@Nixon belated well done and welcome to losers bench:)

Can anyone describe what their sleeve feels like? I know that sounds weird but I don't feel like anything really.
Yep I'm tired this evening from doing too much but I'm drinking ok (had about 800mls so far). When I sip I can hear a gurgling sound but that's it. I'm guessing if I were to put food in there (which I'm not going to) I'd feel full? Just read a comment on my dietician stuff saying be careful not to drink too much - how will I know?
I start to burp very quietly :D when I am full of liquid and if I carry on my stomach starts to scream in tidal waves at me! However this is only 2 days experience so not the most experienced as was in pain before this but it is a milk intolerance problem. Your doing fab MrsN:)

@Want2b3 i don't think I'm ready at all! I always leave things to the last minute. I'm kind of scared to get stuff in for post op as still can't quite grasp what I will and won't be able to have even though I have the paperwork! I think ive planned in my head what I'm going to pack and I guess it's only 4 days to go!

@Want2b3 i don't think I'm ready at all! I always leave things to the last minute. I'm kind of scared to get stuff in for post op as still can't quite grasp what I will and won't be able to have even though I have the paperwork! I think ive planned in my head what I'm going to pack and I guess it's only 4 days to go!
You are lucky you know in advance what you need post op! I only got the list day after op and no one to go shopping etc. If it wasn't for this site with sharing I would not have had a clue! I could not pack till days before and bought all new PJs , dressing gown the lot! It was like a mini break for me :D it helped having a fab NHS team, staff who were lovely and so caring:)

Hi want2b3 and thank you I like you am not quite there yet organised son is staying with his sister overnight but will do shopping today. I dont have a clue of what I can and cannot have after so I will probably have to wait until after I have surgery. Fortunately I have for girls ranging from 18 to 31 who I will ask to get my liquids in for me. Besides that as it is my BIG birthday today I am going to spend the day pampering myself. Hope they will still go ahead keep waking in the morning with a sore throat then it goes by mid morning

Back