• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Ha ha Jeff!!

My stitches are glue. Good luck getting yours removed @jeff20stone.
Good to hear 6 weeks is the benchmark for recovery @Chill . I'm sure many of us would want it to happen sooner but it's good to give ourselves the time to properly recover and get used to a very different way of eating.

How much protein people managing to get in in the first week or two? I have no target from my dietician. Only the fluid intake target.

Here's to the start of another week of good recovery for those of you already on the bench and good preparation for those joining soon. There's loads of room over here :D

My stitches are glue. Good luck getting yours removed @jeff20stone.
Good to hear 6 weeks is the benchmark for recovery @Chill . I'm sure many of us would want it to happen sooner but it's good to give ourselves the time to properly recover and get used to a very different way of eating.

How much protein people managing to get in in the first week or two? I have no target from my dietician. Only the fluid intake target.

Here's to the start of another week of good recovery for those of you already on the bench and good preparation for those joining soon. There's loads of room over here :D
14 stitches out now more comfortable ... can see a little swelling and bruising but pain free .. I have been given a target of 60g of protein/day but low fat
Good start to the week

14 stitches out now more comfortable ... can see a little swelling and bruising but pain free .. I have been given a target of 60g of protein/day but low fat
Good start to the week

@jeff20stone Glad you're more comfortable! 14 stitches!! Blimey.

And Thanks Jeff, 60g sounds doable. And sensible. My dietician doesn't want me fixating on protein - and I get why that is - but no info isn't quite what I need either. Useful to know from another bypassed too. :0)

@jeff20stone Glad you're more comfortable! 14 stitches!! Blimey.

And Thanks Jeff, 60g sounds doable. And sensible. My dietician doesn't want me fixating on protein - and I get why that is - but no info isn't quite what I need either. Useful to know from another bypassed too. :0)
so what is your fluid target ? They had problems getting blood from me this morning said I must drink more ... that means pee more and thats my problem going out

My fluid goal is 1.5 - 2 litres a day. And I'm counting everything fluid as part of that on MyFitnessPal on the water counter. Yesterday I had about 600mls of lactofree skimmed milk as coffee, with soup and as plain old hot milk. Then I also had 200mls of soup - Covent Garden chicken and veg strained and Heinz cream of chicken. The Heinz soup made me dump so not doing that again! Lol. Then 800mls of NAS which I sip constantly. Oh, and 400mls of water with my liquid vitamins in. I'm swimming in it! I'm not bothering about 30 mins before meals as all I'm having is more liquid and if I didn't drink constantly I wouldn't get it all in. As for peeing, I'm peeing for England!! TMI?! But I'm going to keep it up. I have low blood pressure anyway and if I don't get the fluids I will fall over. Lol

My fluid goal is 1.5 - 2 litres a day. And I'm counting everything fluid as part of that on MyFitnessPal on the water counter. Yesterday I had about 600mls of lactofree skimmed milk as coffee, with soup and as plain old hot milk. Then I also had 200mls of soup - Covent Garden chicken and veg strained and Heinz cream of chicken. The Heinz soup made me dump so not doing that again! Lol. Then 800mls of NAS which I sip constantly. Oh, and 400mls of water with my liquid vitamins in. I'm swimming in it! I'm not bothering about 30 mins before meals as all I'm having is more liquid and if I didn't drink constantly I wouldn't get it all in. As for peeing, I'm peeing for England!! TMI?! But I'm going to keep it up. I have low blood pressure anyway and if I don't get the fluids I will fall over. Lol
wow some difference ... I have to drink 2ltr of water on top of other fluids so I am over 4Ltr per day and they are telling me to drink more

I can manage cream of tomato soup ok, about half a can. Chicken soup had the same effect on me as it did @maggy

I also had covent garden tomato and vegetable soup, blended smooth. I'm going to try a banana later to see how that goes. I have started protein shakes too, to up my protein intake and overall calorie intake.

You guys are are doing ace with the fluids!! I'm getting nowhere near that. Maybe 1200-1400 per day max but often less.

Heinz chicken gave me awful cramps - and its bland and boring!!! I'm more adventurous with my soups now - currently eating Moroccan chicken - 200ml blended with water. Really yum.

Back