• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

I can manage cream of tomato soup ok, about half a can. Chicken soup had the same effect on me as it did @maggy

I also had covent garden tomato and vegetable soup, blended smooth. I'm going to try a banana later to see how that goes. I have started protein shakes too, to up my protein intake and overall calorie intake.

Poor you. It's a bit yuk!! I'm sticking with Covent Garden for the mo. Blended up a chicken and root veg soup, mixed it with some skim milk and marvel and that's been fine.

How long after surgery (particularly Bypass) did everyone start to introduce spices back in to their diet? I go straight to puree following surgery but like to add spice to my food normally and worried i will regret it if done too soon.

First day back at work completed. Setting off home now and feel ok. Glad I decided to go back.

How long after surgery (particularly Bypass) did everyone start to introduce spices back in to their diet? I go straight to puree following surgery but like to add spice to my food normally and worried i will regret it if done too soon.

I've been adding them from a few days out. Can't stand bland food!

Well done for taking the next plunge @Want2b3. I think every new stage is a bit scary.
Thanks @maggy the liquid was a breeze compared to this lol. Had to throw the meals re to salty so gravy another food off my list. Natural foods with nothing added
I am loving which I guess is kinder to my stomach. Bit worried as managing 4 tablespoons when should be 2-3 so worried it is streched already!
NAS is my saving grace. Drinks loads of water pre op - can't face it now!
@maggy and @MrsN this must be something post op too as I am the same!
Thanks @starryeyed and @Hannah2.

So my silly question... I stood in the scales this morning and they were exactly the same as the day of my surgery. I'm guessing maybe I'm still swollen. Can anyone tell me when the inflammation from the surgery settled and when they started losing weight. I know everyone is different but would be good to know what has happened for different people.
dont worry @maggy @Chill I was the same after 3 days when I came home. I think it is the gas they pump into the abdomin.
Stitches out tomorrow .. feel like a hedgehog with my 9 incisions ... how many do you sleevers get?
good luck @jeff20stone, thankfully mine dissolvable.
@MrsN well done to get out for 2 mile walk wow! You are doing fab! I only managed a longish walk 1 ? Mile today nearly three was post op eek!
My stitches are glue. Good luck getting yours removed @jeff20stone.
Good to hear 6 weeks is the benchmark for recovery @Chill . I'm sure many of us would want it to happen sooner but it's good to give ourselves the time to properly recover and get used to a very different way of eating.

How much protein people managing to get in in the first week or two? I have no target from my dietician. Only the fluid intake target.

Here's to the start of another week of good recovery for those of you already on the bench and good preparation for those joining soon. There's loads of room over here :D
@maggy others here said fluids more important too and I agree hydration more important early after surgery. I using marvel but developed post intolerance to milk as you know so it was harder getting protein in but on meats now purée stage 2. It will soon fly! Yes count all fluids too advised here to final fluid daily intake.
You guys are are doing ace with the fluids!! I'm getting nowhere near that. Maybe 1200-1400 per day max but often less.
@MrsN Its a full time job drinking I take a bottle to bed too to get 50-100 in at night all adds up! I have 1400mls on average. Hope work went well and you rest lots in evening.

OMG sorry for long reply:oops::D

@Want2b3 thanks - it's went well. My job is very stressful and emotionally challenging at times but not really physically demanding so felt ok to go back. I get bored easily and my mind needs to be stimulated.

Sounds like you're doing well exploring foods to purée. I'm guessing you aren't counting cals etc at this stage as harder to do with purée. I really don't think you'll have stretched your sleeve!!

Ouch - took a gulp of NAS. Ooh that hurt. I was driving and sort of did it automatically.

@jeff20stone i did spit it out and oh boy did it hurt going down!

So - what's everyone having soup wise. Last 2 days I've blended with some water 1/2 can of Heinz big soup of different varieties. They're less bland and I'm tolerating them no probs though 200ml is my max. Prob around 130-160 cals each time as they vary slightly. I'm hitting around 500cals each day now.

The last 2 days I've had smoothies for breakfast and dinner and the other meal has been French onion soup strained. Today I had a milkshake and for lunch 1/2 Tin of baxters scotch broth. I've also manage nearly a litre of nas too! I think that's the most I've mangled so far I think I'm worried about having too much and being ill.
I can't afford to be off for 2 weeks so I'm going to work from home after 1 week but my colleague is so good I can't see her letting me do much!!
I did weigh myself today after a bm and I've lost 3lb!
Who else has to use a spiro-ball?
I've no idea what one is either! Does it go with your mankini?!!

The last 2 days I've had smoothies for breakfast and dinner and the other meal has been French onion soup strained. Today I had a milkshake and for lunch 1/2 Tin of baxters scotch broth. I've also manage nearly a litre of nas too! I think that's the most I've mangled so far I think I'm worried about having too much and being ill.
I can't afford to be off for 2 weeks so I'm going to work from home after 1 week but my colleague is so good I can't see her letting me do much!!
I did weigh myself today after a bm and I've lost 3lb!
I've no idea what one is either! Does it go with your mankini?!!
incentive spirometer after surgery will help you keep your lungs clear and will help keep your lungs active throughout the recovery process
my surgon is hung up on me using it every 15 mins

@Chill are you having fruit smoothies?

Yeah 3 deep breathes an hour here too.
And I'm not allowed fruit yet. Can't wait!

Back