• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

I can't wait. I can have it in the purée stage.

@Chill my food plan booklet says no fruit in first 2 weeks - no yoghurt either.

So many variations across providers. TBH I'm doing ok without at the minute. Thinking I might get some of those petit kids yogurts if they're not full of sugar.

TBH I'm not a yogurt person and go through phases of eating them and at the moment it's not a yogurt phase for me!

Thanks @starryeyed and @Hannah2.

So my silly question... I stood in the scales this morning and they were exactly the same as the day of my surgery. I'm guessing maybe I'm still swollen. Can anyone tell me when the inflammation from the surgery settled and when they started losing weight. I know everyone is different but would be good to know what has happened for different people.
I think i only managed a pound or two loss in the first week. A combination of gas from op and constipation. Took about four weeks for stomach to go down from the gas and swelling. Weight started coming off in other places before then though so i am sure next week there will be something. Our bodies are in shock and also weight will stop coming off when they go into starvation mode. That is one of the reasons why we need to keep the protein up. Not a silly question at all. It is why we are here...

I had a yogurt just now, and that felt like too much. I will ease back a little bit, maybe it was the thickness.

I think i only managed a pound or two loss in the first week. A combination of gas from op and constipation. Took about four weeks for stomach to go down from the gas and swelling. Weight started coming off in other places before then though so i am sure next week there will be something. Our bodies are in shock and also weight will stop coming off when they go into starvation mode. That is one of the reasons why we need to keep the protein up. Not a silly question at all. It is why we are here...

Thanks @SAM55. Good to know other people's timelines. My tummy definitely still feels bloated. Though I stepped in the scales today to find a nice surprise- 1.8kg down from pre-op weight. Probably no coincidence that it coincided with my plumbing kicking into gear again yesterday. That was an experience! Never heard such a musical performance- sounded like an orchestra played by badly balanced radiator pipes!! :rolleyes:

Thanks @SAM55. Good to know other people's timelines. My tummy definitely still feels bloated. Though I stepped in the scales today to find a nice surprise- 1.8kg down from pre-op weight. Probably no coincidence that it coincided with my plumbing kicking into gear again yesterday. That was an experience! Never heard such a musical performance- sounded like an orchestra played by badly balanced radiator pipes!! :rolleyes:
Excellent Maggy :) Another step on the road of WLS. Love that the band played at such a momentous event! :woohoo::whistle:

Back