• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Nice one @jeff20stone - is that since pre op diet began?

So how's everyone's wounds healing?? Mine are looking pretty good.
Looking forward to being able to have a bath and go swimming though!

So how's everyone's wounds healing?? Mine are looking pretty good.
Looking forward to being able to have a bath and go swimming though!
Mine are looking pretty good too considering it's only a week after my op. 3 more weeks till I can have a bath ....bring it on.

No baths/swimming for 4 weeks here .

My scars are looking ok now, still a bit red, but don't hurt. Looking forward to getting back to baths though.

Only 8 injections left for me :D

My wound seems to be fine on the outside but like @Chill im still having some pain at odd moments.

For some reason they haven't given me the injections to take home. I queried it but they said I didn't need them. These surgeons should really get their stories straight! So much variation.

Hope everyone whose gone through already is doing well.

I didn't get sent home with injections either, the hospital I was at brought me up from recovery and put me straight into a chair and I was given these boots that pumped my calves. I was then up and out of bed into the chair about 7.30 and once the physio had been and taken me for a walk of the 'circuit' I was expected to do that hourly!
They recommend once home walking a mile a day!

My wound seems to be fine on the outside but like @Chill im still having some pain at odd moments.

For some reason they haven't given me the injections to take home. I queried it but they said I didn't need them. These surgeons should really get their stories straight! So much variation.

Hope everyone whose gone through already is doing well.
The injections are for your safety In the days and weeks after your operation, you are still at risk of developing a blood clot. Extended DVT
I WOULD ASK YOUR DOCTOR

I didn't get sent home with injections either, the hospital I was at brought me up from recovery and put me straight into a chair and I was given these boots that pumped my calves. I was then up and out of bed into the chair about 7.30 and once the physio had been and taken me for a walk of the 'circuit' I was expected to do that hourly!
They recommend once home walking a mile a day!
Walk a mile a day after surgery?!? In a couple of weeks maybe. I'm struggling to walk 1500 steps a day. Yesterday was 1745. And today I've pushed it to 2200 but little steps. Certainly Nowhere near a mile. Well, if I was well over 6foot but I'm only 5 foot tall. And anyway, I'm still too sore to do marathons.

Ok, so I went and got all obsessed and googled stride length and steps and miles. Using the calculation below my average stride length for my height (60inches) means I need to walk 2555 steps to do a mile. That's a lot of walking around the outside of the house which is about as far as I'm travelling just at the moment. Hope nobody's watching ;0) They'll call the men in white coats. Lol. :cool:

The example is from a blog called The beach body blog. We will ALL have beach bodies very shortly so this is definitely for us :D
https://www.beachbody.com/beachbodyblog/fitness/how-many-steps-walk-per-mile

1: Convert Your Height To Inches
There are 12 inches in a foot. I’m 5’3”, so that’s 63 inches tall. (5 feet x 12 inches + 3 inches = 63 inches.)

2: Find Your Average Stride Length
Multiply your height in inches by 0.413. This is a predetermined number that figures out average stride length. Then convert your stride length back to feet for the next step. (63 inches x 0.413 = 26.019 inches per stride. 26.019 inches/12 inches per foot = 2.16825 feet per stride.)

3. Find How Many Steps You Walk In A Mile
Divide 5,280 by your average stride length in feet. (5,280/2.16825 feet = 2,435 steps per mile.)

Ok, so I went and got all obsessed and googled stride length and steps and miles. Using the calculation below my average stride length for my height (60inches) means I need to walk 2555 steps to do a mile. That's a lot of walking around the outside of the house which is about as far as I'm travelling just at the moment. Hope nobody's watching ;0) They'll call the men in white coats. Lol. :cool:

The example is from a blog called The beach body blog. We will ALL have beach bodies very shortly so this is definitely for us :D
https://www.beachbody.com/beachbodyblog/fitness/how-many-steps-walk-per-mile

1: Convert Your Height To Inches
There are 12 inches in a foot. I’m 5’3”, so that’s 63 inches tall. (5 feet x 12 inches + 3 inches = 63 inches.)

2: Find Your Average Stride Length
Multiply your height in inches by 0.413. This is a predetermined number that figures out average stride length. Then convert your stride length back to feet for the next step. (63 inches x 0.413 = 26.019 inches per stride. 26.019 inches/12 inches per foot = 2.16825 feet per stride.)

3. Find How Many Steps You Walk In A Mile
Divide 5,280 by your average stride length in feet. (5,280/2.16825 feet = 2,435 steps per mile.)
I'm also a short arse, 5 foot, so thanks for doing the calculation @maggy . I'm definitely nowhere near 2555 steps yet but walking further everyday.

Back