• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Injections depends on your doctors assessment of the risk of you developing a clot - based on you as an individual. Also based on the surgery you have had. I had injections after my knee op but not after my bypass. I questioned this and was told that the evidence for protection after knee surgery is significant but that it is not statistically significant for WLS because there have been no major specific studies, however the studies that have been done show no significant benefit to having the injections.

Please don't think there is a blanket rule about having the injections, you are not at greater risk by not having them if that is what your surgeon assessed. Just because one surgeon prescribes them doesn't mean they all should. Also the number of injections is not related to how protected you are - most only have 4 or 5 days.

As is said a lot on this site, you must go by your own doctors/teams advice. What applies to one person does not necessarily apply to someone else.

Don't worry. Your surgeon will have assessed if you need them.

28 days of injections blanket policy for my NHS. Thankfully only 7 injections left(one needle bent trying to inject it where I kept injecting :oops:). Looking forward to 30th last day:)

I could not walk more than 400m without having to sit down
Today we walked more than 3 miles
I cant tell you how much this new way of life is pleasing me
So much energy ... I can not sit still... Bathroom make over today ...
Favourite day tomorrow looking after my young grandson

First day back to work today, and I think I did ok. It was a little tiring, and I managed 7902 steps, which is not too bad. I'm usually around 6.5k nowadays, this time last year I was hitting 18k as a minimum.

Really hoping I can make it onto solids for Christmas, so I can have a tiny Christmas dinner. Just some turkey will be enough :)

I queried the injections when I was in the clinic, and was told it was for the dvt reasons, and a precaution as a result of the surgery and being under. Added to the fact that I was flying home a week later it was a belt and braces type thing. I've got 7 left I think, not going to miss those.

First day back to work today, and I think I did ok. It was a little tiring, and I managed 7902 steps, which is not too bad. I'm usually around 6.5k nowadays, this time last year I was hitting 18k as a minimum.

Really hoping I can make it onto solids for Christmas, so I can have a tiny Christmas dinner. Just some turkey will be enough :)

I queried the injections when I was in the clinic, and was told it was for the dvt reasons, and a precaution as a result of the surgery and being under. Added to the fact that I was flying home a week later it was a belt and braces type thing. I've got 7 left I think, not going to miss those.
Hope your day goes well ... wishing you a speedy way forward for Christmas .... thats for all the November loosers too

@Heidi C - each surgeon requires different things. I was prescribed them for 5 days others for 28.

From my doctor writing to put me forward for weight loss surgery to operation date was 16 months
I think that is good going
what is your story?

I think I was lucky and was a year from asking my gp for surgery to getting it, although had a cancellation not come up it would have been 15 months which would still be good going

I went private. Had a consultation a year or so ago now and hubby wasn't keen. Spent a year researching and thinking it through and doing a lot of talking to hubby. Then booked a further consultation and op was about 3.5 weeks later. I'd been in the NHS tier 3 before and knew I could be referred back but once I'd decided surgery was the right option for me didn't want to wait.

Week 2 weigh in I've lost 4lb.
So 1st 13lb in 4 weeks. Shame it's not rounded off to 2stone. But hey who cares it's coming off and never going back on!!

I went private. Had a consultation a year or so ago now and hubby wasn't keen. Spent a year researching and thinking it through and doing a lot of talking to hubby. Then booked a further consultation and op was about 3.5 weeks later. I'd been in the NHS tier 3 before and knew I could be referred back but once I'd decided surgery was the right option for me didn't want to wait.
Well done for taking your own destiny ... bet the hubby is glad now

Back