• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

@SAM55 i have the soluable ones. I've only just started them today and literally by the time I finished half the drink my head was spinning.

@Dollydot that is still amazing!!! Massive well done.

As I'm back to work tomorrow dies anyone think starting the puree stage a day early would be a problem? I thought I might tart today while at home so I can make sure I'll be ok with what I'm taking and quantities etc. or am I worrying too much?

As I'm back to work tomorrow dies anyone think starting the puree stage a day early would be a problem? I thought I might tart today while at home so I can make sure I'll be ok with what I'm taking and quantities etc. or am I worrying too much?

I've started today. As @starryeyed says, if you feel ready you should be fine. The reason I started is that I really felt ready to and I reread my dieticians instructions which said that if I felt ready in the second week I could slowly introduce purée. I figured that was the go ahead for me. Ive had runny scrambled egg. Could only manage half an egg but it was soooo good to eat real food. :eating:

Productive visit to the GP. She had all my prescriptions waiting!
omeprazole To start at 3 weeks, Calcium tablets, iron tablets, lactulose and forceval. B12 injection booked for 2 weeks on Friday when I'll be 6 weeks post op and will then be done every 3 months.
GP weighed me and I've lost 37lb since I was last weighed there which was about 5 months ago but still nice to see it coming down on their computer.
GP said scars look beautiful - not how I'd describe them but good to know!
Anyone else have all of the above?
I have pretty much the same except for the latulose and I was told I didn't need b12 until 3 months. Love how quickly the weight is dropping so far, I am around 10lb down since Saturday when I had surgery and over 2 stone sine starting lrd which I will take while it lasts as I am sure that will slow down at some point soon.

Well done on the loss. Yes, I had all of those but have to wait until 3 months for B12. Getting my levels tested tomorrow, along with other vits, mins and iron. Have been mainlining on Horlicks so hopefully B12 won't be too low. Certainly not as weary as I was 6 weeks ago when it was always bed by 8pm.
Hi SAM55, is the Horlicks just normal or low fat? Need to find something nice to drink warm.

I have a problem - the forceval is making me sick! And dizzy. Just threw up in toilet at work. Read the packet and clearly says not to take on empty stomach but if I have them too soon after food that's bad too!

@MrsN @maggy @Chill Thankyou , i'm really pleased with my loss and hoping to be another stone lighter in time for Christmas. Have you got goals that you want to get to before xmas or just happy the weight is coming off?

@Dollydot no I don't have a Christmas goal. As long as I keep making progress. I'm definitely a slow looser so expect it to be a couple of pounds per week which is fine as it is NEVER going back on.

@Dollydot - sort of a goal for xmas. I'm hoping to be under a BMI of 35 so I can say I m no longer severely or morbidly obese. I know 'morbid' can be 40 but some definitions have it as 35. Under 35 feels like nearer to normal. I'm about 5 and a half kilos away so similar goal to you. We'll get there together!

Went to my GP today, so have a blood test to do when I can get down to the hospital next, and he said we will look at my b12 levels and some other ones. Prescribed me a higher dosage of the PPI to start with, with the view to drop to 15mg then hopefully to nothing.

Going to try some big soup today and see how I get on again. Hoping to be able to eat some turkey for christmas, and also lose a bit more.

Hi SAM55, is the Horlicks just normal or low fat? Need to find something nice to drink warm.
low fat Andy. It still has sugar in but was recommended by my dietitian and has lots of vits in, including a good dose of B12. I found it alleviates some of the night hunger pangs

Back