• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

@SAM55 i have the soluable ones. I've only just started them today and literally by the time I finished half the drink my head was spinning.
How much water are you adding? I tried half a mug and also just enough to dissolve and got different reactions..

How much water are you adding? I tried half a mug and also just enough to dissolve and got different reactions..

Tried one in 500ml made me so dizzy and felt really queesy. Then one today in a cup and after a few sips my head was spinning and I threw up in the toilet (I threw up a few times!). I haven't been sick at all since surgery and 100% sure it's linked to the forceval.

I also was really dizzy and had various blood test with the doctor and they couldn't find
anything wrong,l stopped taking forceval for a while because my doctor didn't want to prescribe
them so I bought other vitamins, I have been feeling so much better but didn't connect the reason why
Now my doctor has decided to prescribe them again,so be interesting to find out how I react to them
So glad I read this thank you for posting

@erscrack i thought it was just me (and Sam). Keep us posted on if it happens again. I'm not taking them. Just bought some chewable ones in the interim then I'll ask for tablets from GP.

So when is everyone allowed to have a bath? I can't for the life of me remember what my nurse said so I'm going to drop her an email. I've only been having showers so far.

@starryeyed most if my incisions no longer have scabs and look pretty good but the largest one still has a scab so perhaps I'll wait til it's come off. I'll see what the nurse says too. Thank you.

@Dollydot - sort of a goal for xmas. I'm hoping to be under a BMI of 35 so I can say I m no longer severely or morbidly obese. I know 'morbid' can be 40 but some definitions have it as 35. Under 35 feels like nearer to normal. I'm about 5 and a half kilos away so similar goal to you. We'll get there together!
maggy I think I have to lose another 2 stone before i'm no longer defined as obese, overweight is going to sound GOOD. Being short doesn't help because you don't have to be massively heavy to be defined as obese. Good luck with your goal, it looks like you've had a good loss already, we can definitely do this together.

Hi November Newbies....well not so new now! It is 4 weeks post op today. Had my last injection yay! Starting soft foods too. Weighed in 6lbs off this last week but think it is because I have had problems with side effects of drugs I am on post op. Hopefully sorted now. Can't believe the month has gone and so many joined the losers bench! Had tinned soup today for first time and chewed it well. Struggling with protein intake and fluid.
Things getting their slowly!

maggy I think I have to lose another 2 stone before i'm no longer defined as obese, overweight is going to sound GOOD. Being short doesn't help because you don't have to be massively heavy to be defined as obese. Good luck with your goal, it looks like you've had a good loss already, we can definitely do this together.

I'm with you there! If only I was ten inches taller I'd be the perfect weight lol. I'm five foot (and a half an inch)

Hi November Newbies....well not so new now! It is 4 weeks post op today. Had my last injection yay! Starting soft foods too. Weighed in 6lbs off this last week but think it is because I have had problems with side effects of drugs I am on post op. Hopefully sorted now. Can't believe the month has gone and so many joined the losers bench! Had tinned soup today for first time and chewed it well. Struggling with protein intake and fluid.
Things getting their slowly!

Well done on getting through the ups and downs @Want2b3. I think we're all struggling with protein and fluids. Eating and drinking at the right times in the right amounts is a full time job! The only way I'm keeping my protein up at all is by having a hot cocoa with extra marvel once or twice a day. 200ml skimmed lactofree milk, three teaspoons of marvel and a spoon of old style cocoa powder (no sweetners). Because of the sweetness of the lactofree milk and marvel I don't add anything else - 16.7g of protein according to MyFitnessPal.

@SAM55 thanks - your support is appreciated! I've really enjoyed the September thread and your diary so far.

I am now three weeks post op ... 7 injections to go ... experimenting with puree food but still on liquid as well
Never felt sick and things couldn't be better
A year ago I had respiratory failure and was struggling with mobility after 35 years on painful diets things were at the lowest
I still have two scars that are not 100% heeled so not swimming yet. But walk 3 miles or cycle 10 nearly every day
I have lost two and a half stone and full of energy
Thanks for all your support on this site it helps to be part of other peoples experiences on this wonderful journey
My next goal is to eat a small Christmas dinner as I will be the cook on the day for my large family feast

Well done on getting through the ups and downs @Want2b3. I think we're all struggling with protein and fluids. Eating and drinking at the right times in the right amounts is a full time job! The only way I'm keeping my protein up at all is by having a hot cocoa with extra marvel once or twice a day. 200ml skimmed lactofree milk, three teaspoons of marvel and a spoon of old style cocoa powder (no sweetners). Because of the sweetness of the lactofree milk and marvel I don't add anything else - 16.7g of protein according to MyFitnessPal.
@maggy thanks. It is hard I agree when can't have milk based products esp in liquid/purée/soft phase to get protein in takes so much planning. I am relying on fish With mashed veg. My taste buds have totally changed since this sleeve and I am struggling to think and try new foods. Totally sensitive to sugar and salt in foods. Went round supermarket and bought fish chicken and veg again. What's fitness Pal? That sounds great how it works out protein? But gets easier with more choice now on soft but meat/fish big part for protein.

@jeff20stone thats great. Is that loss since your op or pre op? Well done on the exercise. I've been doing some walking but will up it at 6 weeks and when I can swim.

@Want2b3 download my fitness pal app.

@MrsN thanks I will have a look for it.

I've got my fitness pal but I'm hopeless at updating it!

Can I ask I anyone else has lost the sensation of a full bladder? I've always been able to hold a lot but I got home from work today about 6.15 and realised I hadn't been to the loo all day! I'd had 2 mugs of tea and about 400ml of squash but I don't know if I'm drinking enough and retaining a lot

@Chill im going less that's for sure

Back