• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

I had the occasional stall, but funnily enough those weeks were the ones when I most noticed body changes. To bear in mind if it happens a lot, is that if the body isn't getting enough protein it will think it is being starved and hang on to what weight you have.

I did wonder that, am trying hard to get more protein in but struggling, think I might try some protein shakes

Hi @Chill the nicest ones ive found are USN and are actually sold in poundland they arent as sickly as slim fast and have 27g of protein per shake and only 165 calories x

@Chill very common I believe so try not to worry.

I've had a few of the co-op own brand protein shakes - £1 and 25g of protein. 172 cals.

How are you all getting on?
Have to say my food intake is very limited. My restriction is tight and I can't get much in so still around 600 cals per day.
What's everyone doing for Christmas dinner? I'll have a piece of turkey or maybe the ham some veg and one potato with gravy.

Went for my first meal out since the op, (actually was my 2nd as had my Christmas do last week but that doesn't count!) I went to Harvester and ordered the kids omelette with beans and mash, managed 1/2 the omelette 1/2 the beans and didn't touch the mash! I think I'll just go for a starter next time as got a bit of a funny look that I couldn't eat all of that!

Well done @Chill - eating out is tough going!!

@jeff20stone well done!

I've lost 3 1/2 stone since visiting my gp in November 2015 asking for the surgery. I've been being naughty and weighing myself every other day and have decided I'm going to stop that. One of my best friends is a slimming world consultant and has offered to weigh me weekly so I think I might get rid of the scales at home and take her up on that offer!

@MrsN I plan on just having some turkey veg and a little potato for my dinner on Sunday.

@Chill i say every day I'm not going to weigh the following day but I can't help myself!!

@jeff20stone well done!

I've lost 3 1/2 stone since visiting my gp in November 2015 asking for the surgery. I've been being naughty and weighing myself every other day and have decided I'm going to stop that. One of my best friends is a slimming world consultant and has offered to weigh me weekly so I think I might get rid of the scales at home and take her up on that offer!

@MrsN I plan on just having some turkey veg and a little potato for my dinner on Sunday.
Can not help weighing myself any time I pass the scales .. great loss Chill ... goose turkey and veg for me ..
Poor appetite at the moment with a chest infection but time to get better

@jeff20stone hope you're ok and fight it off quickly in time for crimbo.
Just having my first proper meal out with hubby - tapas so I'll just pick a couple of bits (protein) from his.

@jeff20stone hope you're ok and fight it off quickly in time for crimbo.
Just having my first proper meal out with hubby - tapas so I'll just pick a couple of bits (protein) from his.
My weight stems from a sleep problem I never knew I had so I sleep with a BIPAP NIV which takes over my breathing so I am prone to chest infections which I usually have antibiotics and steroids for ... But the steroids are now off the list due to my little stomach but my increased lung capacity should help
Have a good night out enjoy the pickings and have a good Christmas

Back