• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Nice one @Chill!! Ooh your holiday sounds wonderful.
I'm going to join the gym next week and have signed up for a kettle bell class for 8 weeks too. Need to sort the bingo wings!

Had a wonderful time with my children and Grandchildren who have not left yet
Eat so many nice things in small quantity's Had a nice Rjoca
Got on the scales before Gym today and nearly fell over HOW did I loose six pounds over Christmas ??? Amazing
Good luck to you all

Just got home from my 1st swim since the op and in ages! I felt so much fitter thank the last time I went and managed 60 lengths. Bought a month pass for the pool so going to try and swim 2 or 3 times a week hopefully as am off to Tobago in just over 4 weeks and would like to need to buy a new dress for my friends wedding as have found one in my wardrobe that I have never worn but fits me just right now but would love to think it'll be too big for me in a months time!
I had a chest infection but now am looking forward to a swim ... well done on 60 lengths

@jeff20stone fantastic!! Well done! 6lb over Christmas is amazing.

Yay I've finally said goodbye to the 17's! Weighed myself this morning after finally having a bit of a clear out (sorry if TMI!) and I'm now 16st13!

I think my bowel movements are the issue as going not even once a week now so think I might need to sort something to keep me regular.

Not long to go now and I'll be be back to eating normally. I just have to keep reminding myself to chew things for longer as that was something I was bad at I chew something a couple of times before i swallowed it.

Hope everyone's run up to Christmas is going well?
I shot out of the 17's without knowing it Yes 16st11 knock me down with a feather

Hey Chill you are doing so well I went to the gym today for the first time since surgery. I have to admit I was totally Wacked but loved it that I have started to exercise again. Onwards and upwards as they say x

Hey Chill you are doing so well I went to the gym today for the first time since surgery. I have to admit I was totally Wacked but loved it that I have started to exercise again. Onwards and upwards as they say x
All my flab is disappearing by using the gym.... I am hooked
No Pain no gain

@maggy thanks for sharing your story, I went for the sleeve as like you I thought a bypass was a bit extreme. But also my aim is to be at a weight I can donate a kidney to my son when he needs it and a bypass may hamper that.

Did you not suffer with dumping after sugary things? I am too scared to try too much chocolate, I must admit I have had the odd celebration that has been around but I had an after eight the other day and it made me feel a bit odd.

I do like my sweet things and nas jelly I my saviour for that thankfully!
Hi Chill, yes I do get dumping when I forget to be careful. Happened a few times over Xmas but it's not too bad. Makes me feel yuk for about an hour and I need to lie down. I'm learning what makes it happen and where my
Limits are. I'm sure it's different for everyone. The closer something is to pure sugar the worse it is eg. Maple syrup gave a bad reaction but with chocolate I can tolerate one or two pieces. Perhaps that's why the celebration was ok but the after eight made you feel yuk. Hope it passed quickly.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I had problems drinking and eating from day one. I have had 9 Endoscopies and a number of laparoscopies, plus I had a feeding tube for 18 months.
The cause has now been found to be damage to my Vagus nerve probably during the original operation. I have continued to have trouble getting nutrician and have lost a lot of weight. I have tried medication to help with the Gastroparesis but it remains the same. A By-pass has now been suggested.
I am really glad that it's now working for you and clearly you are in a good mindset now. Well done on your weight loss and I wish you good luck in the coming new year.
I will be interested to see how your journey continues and send you all good wishes.

So sorry to hear you've had such a tough time. I've also experienced lots of laparoscopic surgeries, for endometriosis and other gut problems - every time was meant to be THE cure. So I'm now very sceptical about repeated surgeries for me and wonder what it is they think they will fix by giving you a bypass? But I'm sure you're asking all the right questions and keeping them on their toes. Good luck with it all. I hope you get some resolution soon.

So sorry to hear you've had such a tough time. I've also experienced lots of laparoscopic surgeries, for endometriosis and other gut problems - every time was meant to be THE cure. So I'm now very sceptical about repeated surgeries for me and wonder what it is they think they will fix by giving you a bypass? But I'm sure you're asking all the right questions and keeping them on their toes. Good luck with it all. I hope you get some resolution soon.
Thanks Maggy, I think the By-pass is supposed to help me eat more and to put weight on! I need to ask more about the Gastroparesis and how much of my gut is affected no point if the problem is below my stomach I will still have the same problem.
After so many procedures close together it made me a bit of a wimp, my teeth start chattering aas soon as I get near the hospital and my brain disappears. Still I will right my question down for next time and if all else fails can hand over the list!!
Thanks again and I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Anyone else struggling to get the desired amount of food in? Dietician wants me at at least 800 cals but I'm struggling getting past 500 most days. I think I'll have to add a protein shake in. Can anyone tell me what their average day consists of?

@jeff20stone hi Jeff you are doing fantastic as well. I am hoping the gym will work for me too decided I would start off with twice a week and two swims and work my way up. Hopefully iron levels should increase soon and I have more energy to do more
Well done every bit helps ... my aim is to try and tighten the loose skin it is working so far

Think maybe ive over done fish lately, its never given me any issues, where as chicken sometimes does so most meals contain some kind of fish for the protein but the last couple of days a couple of bites of anything with fish in and it feels like its getting stuck or like im really full, back to the drawing board :rolleyes:

@JakkiD im the same with most meat. I'm struggling.

Think maybe ive over done fish lately, its never given me any issues, where as chicken sometimes does so most meals contain some kind of fish for the protein but the last couple of days a couple of bites of anything with fish in and it feels like its getting stuck or like im really full, back to the drawing board :rolleyes:
My pre op diet was 90% fish so was first soft food but now only buy one of anything as taste changes

I get over my taste problem by eating a very little of any protein even cheese tut tut

I've just had risotto- chicken and chilli. Had about 5 spoons and felt full (very full). I think I'm in starvation mode perhaps - not got over 500 cals this week.

I've just had risotto- chicken and chilli. Had about 5 spoons and felt full (very full). I think I'm in starvation mode perhaps - not got over 500 cals this week.
Eat protein only then veg and last carbs .... eat this little and often and you can not go wrong

Back