• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

I'm not even sure how many carbs are too many really @Chill. I bet you're losing inches!!

Brilliant @Chill!!! My friends keep saying it but I can't see it yet.

Same here @Chill and I'm in a smaller size pair of jeans. But I would've expected to drop more than 1 jean size with over 3 stone lost. I think I've lost it all from face, fingers and toes! Ha ha!

Ladies have you got pictures from the start of the process? I took a few just before I started the LRD and then found one of me at my heaviest and got the shock of my life when I took some more a couple of months post op and compared them. I couldn't really see it myself at that point but the difference in the photos really brought it home to me. I've done it once more since holding a pair of my old jeans and again it really shocked me. I'd really recommend it :)
You are both doing so well x

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well, it has been a while since i have been on here properly. I had my 6 week check up at the hospital yesterday morning and the nurse was happy with how it is all going and i am now 4 1/2st down from before i started my LRD so i am pretty happy too. Looking to join the gym later this month once i get paid so hope to see the weight keep falling. Looking forward to 2017 and the start of a new me.

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well, it has been a while since i have been on here properly. I had my 6 week check up at the hospital yesterday morning and the nurse was happy with how it is all going and i am now 4 1/2st down from before i started my LRD so i am pretty happy too. Looking to join the gym later this month once i get paid so hope to see the weight keep falling. Looking forward to 2017 and the start of a new me.
That is a fantastic loss

My gym work is paying off replacing fat with muscle very worthwhile 6 hours a week

Well done Andy. :)

Almost 9 weeks post op and been lucky enough to be pretty smooth sailing compared to some, this last weeks been funny though, started with not being able to manage fish after being ok, the last couple of days literally more than one mouthful of food and I feel really really uncomfortable, tried eggs, chicken all the protein stuff ive tolerated before, tried more than one mouthful yesterday and 10 minutes later was physically sick then felt rotten for about an hour, fluids i have no issue with at all, have had to resort back to shakes today, feeling a bit fed up x

Almost 9 weeks post op and been lucky enough to be pretty smooth sailing compared to some, this last weeks been funny though, started with not being able to manage fish after being ok, the last couple of days literally more than one mouthful of food and I feel really really uncomfortable, tried eggs, chicken all the protein stuff ive tolerated before, tried more than one mouthful yesterday and 10 minutes later was physically sick then felt rotten for about an hour, fluids i have no issue with at all, have had to resort back to shakes today, feeling a bit fed up x
Just stick with it and have just a mouthful of what you rely fancy and do not push it

Our body is an amazing thing and sometimes has to take a pause before working out its next strategy

My experience is similar ... you are doing the right thing and let it catch up

All the best

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps something has got stuck and is getting in the way? I can usually feel a lump with my fingers if it has. Try going back to the puree stage, check your fibre levels, and whether you are constipated and need to take a laxative? I still have problems with some fish, can't tolerate eggs in any form, and have only just been able to tolerate chicken and I am two months further on than you. Make sure everything is well cooked too. Hope you are soon to rights again.

Catching up after what seems like a year away ...well was last year I last posted on here lol. After a poorly first 3 stages I went onto solids a bit too easy. My body needed the food ! But I discovered crisps again my main pre life style weakness. So got into a bit of bad habit with these daily! Hence stalled for 3 weeks over Xmas. From hardly eating to then possibly now eating too much...I never get it right!

So from today no more crisps...there said it here so have to carry it out! I will learn to count protein and carbs, weigh the right amount to eat to prevent having too much food and that very uncomfortable fullness after eating too much and keep eye on carbs.

Some of you guys here are doing amazingly well swimming miles daily going to gym doing lots of classes. Not quite ready for that but started today and build up slowly.

Had my first check with team nurse last week and we'll sadly my weight was a stone higher at start of surgery so need to change my profile at some point but did lose 4 stone and 2 lbs in first 2 months. But most of it was because I was too sick too eat not so much the sleeve as since being better because of milk allergy/asthma/wound infection issues my calorie intake has doubled at the least! But I do feel so much better just still suffering with some blurred vision, could hardly walk week 6 and thought I was going blind (not joking).
Didn't want to put others off so kept it away in my diary not to frighten anyone lol but still glad I had the surgery and a lot healthier and happier.

Anyway happy new year November not so newbies x

Hey in your diary you get to write what you want :) I was really glad for the honesty in the ones I read pre-op so I think just being open can be a godsend.
You're taking it at your pace lovely and you've done so well overall so far. Onwards and downwards I reckon ;)

Hey in your diary you get to write what you want :) I was really glad for the honesty in the ones I read pre-op so I think just being open can be a godsend.
You're taking it at your pace lovely and you've done so well overall so far. Onwards and downwards I reckon ;)
@FeeBee thank you, I remember writing in my diary won't dare write in November Diary as didn't want to frighten November Newbies lol! I guess I was feeling a bit of a failure or weakling as loads doing so well and I was first sleeved and should have been the role model for that month for others to aspire too. I didn't want to put anyone off their surgery either. But you and the other oldies (surgery not age lol) really helped me in those 7 weeks of feeling so ill x

Ah thanks ;) I think anyone reading who is experiencing similar will find it comforting to at least know they aren't alone. If anyone posted was that they had pain free surgery, dropped a stone a week, never dumped or reacted badly to a food unexpectedly or was tempted by old favourites they'd be the only one posting pretty quickly :D

Hello All.
Lovely to hear from some of you and sounds like all us November lot are making the most of this opportunity.

@FeeBee yeah I took some pics. I can really see a difference in my face!

@AndyMc1978 - that's ace!! Well done on your fab weight loss!! I've joined the gym and in the last week have done something everyday. I'm really enjoying it. Weight loss is bound to slow down at some point so I hope the exercise will keep it going and tone up (and if I'm lucky reduce the excess skin - yuk!)

@JakkiD - good to hear from you! Have you transferred back to Salford royal now? I've had a couple of occasions where I've had similar issues last week. I think I didn't chew the meat enough - it's something I'm working on!!!

Overall I'm doing ok. Trying to get the balance right of protein /carbs is a challenge - I love carbs! So really working at that. Hoping to lose another stone by 4th march when I have a big party to go to with people I've not seen in a year! I'd like a new dress for it.

Is anyone else setting goals or mini goals? It's so hard to visualise what you'll look like when you get to 'goal'.

@Want2b3 dont be afraid of putting anything in here - honest accounts are the way forward!

Back